[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question on drug tests.

Flip_Side

I'm 18, and my work has decided to drug test everyone today. I had a lot to drink last night, and obviously not of drinking age. Does alcohol show up on the tests also or should I not be worried?

I'm 18, and my work has decided to drug test everyone today. I had a lot to drink last night, and obviously not of drinking age. Does alcohol show up on the tests also or should I not be worried?

alcohol is not an illegal substance

You WILL fail if there is alcohol in your blood. They are mainly checking for other drugs, but alcohol will show up, and because you are underage you will fail. I'd suggest getting a quick detox drink that cleans out your pee for an extended period of time (I think it lasts 5 or so hours depending on what you get).

You WILL fail if there is alcohol in your blood. They are mainly checking for other drugs, but alcohol will show up, and because you are underage you will fail.

My company doesn't test for alcohol in their UA's and those detox drinks are a bunch of mularkey.

The best thing to do is drink plenty of water.

You WILL fail if there is alcohol in your blood. They are mainly checking for other drugs, but alcohol will show up, and because you are underage you will fail. I'd suggest getting a quick detox drink that cleans out your pee for an extended period of time (I think it lasts 5 or so hours depending on what you get).

:D What? I have never heard of anything like this.

My company doesn't test for alcohol in their UA's and those detox drinks are a bunch of mularkey.

I don't see why it matters. Alcohol is not an illegal substance. So what if he's underage. Yeah it's illegal for him to BUY alcohol, but who's to say he can't drink some wine at dinner with his parents at home? Is that illegal? If it is, I am WAY out of the loop in terms of this subject.

:D This is where you are wrong.

Those drinks DO work, and they work very well too. :D

However, if you have at least 10 hours notice, then drinking lots of water is best.

EDIT: Not 10 days, I meant 10 hours.

Edited by TheGrunt

I'm sure theyre not even testing for alcohol. The more substances they test for, the more it costs the company. The ususal culprits are ganja, coke and aphetamines for random workplace drug screens. Thank god my company doesnt drug test. I'd fail 2/3 of those if they popped it on me today. :D

I don't see why it matters. Alcohol is not an illegal substance. So what if he's underage. Yeah it's illegal for him to BUY alcohol, but who's to say he can't drink some wine at dinner with his parents at home? Is that illegal? If it is, I am WAY out of the loop in terms of this subject.

If your company has a policy that you can't have alcohol in your system at work (like mine) and tests for alcohol in the system (like mine) why does it matter if it is illegal or not?

Well I'm going in right now to get tested, It's been over 13 hours since I drank and I havent really drank much water. I hope you're wrong though..

Edited by Flip_Side

If your company has a policy that you can't have alcohol in your system at work (like mine) and tests for alcohol in the system (like mine) why does it matter if it is illegal or not?

ANY amount of alcohol? What if you were out the night before and had a few beers with buddies? Or a TON of beers? But you're not drunk... just "in your system"?

I've never worked for a big company or a company that drug tests so perhaps I just have no clue about this sort of thing.

Obviously if you have an ILLEGAL substance like Josh Gordon or cocaine in your system (trace amount or a large amount), that's one thing.

Edit: The point I was trying to make was an answer to the original poster's worry about him being underage. THAT shouldn't matter. But yeah, if his company has a no-tolerance policy like your company, then maybe he has to explain himself.

Edited by darin3

Not according to the standard medical opinion....at least of a few years back.

Back in my high school days I had to use the a detox drink for approximately 5 or 6 different occasions, and I had a few friends who used it as well. We had a 100% success rate (using a sample data set of about 15 drinks total over an extended period of time), and not one of us failed during any of the numorous times we used it.

Well I'm going in right now to get tested, It's been over 13 hours since I drank and I havent really drank much water. I hope you're wrong though..

As long as your are passed the 8 hour mark you should be OK. The military law (or at least Marine Corp) is that you cannot drink alcohol at least 8 hours prior to working guard duty. I believe this could be set in place because tests show that the average body can take around 8-12 hours to fully expel the alcohol toxins from your body; although, depending on how much you drink this number can obviously change.

ANY amount of alcohol? What if you were out the night before and had a few beers with buddies? Or a TON of beers?

I'm not sure what 'limit' is, and our company has , or had, some kind of one time use breathe tester. Couple beers the night before shouldn't be a problem.

[/quote

No problem here in Montana. The drinking age is still 18.

No problem here in Montana. The drinking age is still 18.

Are you sure? Link.

I am pretty sure that Wyoming was the last state to change the legal age from 19 to 21. I believe a federal law was passed eliminating some funds for interstates in states where the legal age wasn't 21.

Are you sure? Link.

I am pretty sure that Wyoming was the last state to change the legal age from 19 to 21. I believe a federal law was passed eliminating some funds for interstates in states where the legal age wasn't 21.

Depends on which county you live in.

:D This is where you are wrong.

Those drinks DO work, and they work very well too. :D

However, if you have at least 10 hours notice, then drinking lots of water is best.

EDIT: Not 10 days, I meant 10 hours.

Link to these products?

Link to these products?

If anyone is really concerned about passing UA tests, I'd recommend buying this book instead of wasting money on magic detox drinks.

The truth about drug testing: Why drug users are passing and non-users are failing.

* Backed by 172 medical references, written in easy-to-understand language.

* Discloses the foods and medications that will cause a false positive test.

* Uncovers how drug testing can be used to discriminate against women and minorities.

* Medical secrets of passing drug tests revealed. Author Kent Holtorf, M.D. wrote this book to debunk the myths associated with drug testing. Backed with 172 medical references, this first-of-its-kind testament exposes the discrimination as well as ethical issues surrounding drug testing and raises serious questions about the accuracy of such tests. People are being denied employment because of false positive tests due to medications and many common foods that they are not aware of. These injustices have not previously surfaced because employers rarely tell job candidates or employees that they failed a drug test. Thus, people are unaware that they were denied employment or forced from their job due to a false positive result.

For instance, did you know how easy it is to fail a drug test, even if you've never taken drugs? Did you know the foods you eat can cause you to test positive? And did you know the many other surprising ways you could falsely test positive? If you didn't, you'll want to arm yourself with the knowledge found in this book. If you don't, you could be the next person denied employment due to a false positive drug test.

Also, the author doesn't believe that drug testing offers any benefit in deterring or treating illicit drug use. And, he says, it violates the rights of those it is designed to protect. Thus, he has no reservations about revealing medical secrets to passing drug tests.