[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question on drug tests.

Flip_Side

If you drank last night, you won't have any alcohol in your system today (assuming that you weren't out until 4 am or something). They MIGHT be able to find acetaldehyde (the oxidation product of alcohol), but that's only if the assay they're using tests for it. My guess is that they're only testing for THC, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.

I'm 18, and my work has decided to drug test everyone today. I had a lot to drink last night, and obviously not of drinking age. Does alcohol show up on the tests also or should I not be worried?

The answer lies in how much you had over what period of time, how long ago you stopped drinking, and the sensitivity of the tests. The liver breaks down the alcohol pretty quickly. Chances are if they test for alcohol the test won't detect it.

If you drank last night, you won't have any alcohol in your system today (assuming that you weren't out until 4 am or something). They MIGHT be able to find acetaldehyde (the oxidation product of alcohol), but that's only if the assay they're using tests for it. My guess is that they're only testing for THC, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.

Good info... and...

The answer lies in how much you had over what period of time, how long ago you stopped drinking, and the sensitivity of the tests. The liver breaks down the alcohol pretty quickly. Chances are if they test for alcohol the test won't detect it.

....good info.

:D

Are you sure? Link.

I am pretty sure that Wyoming was the last state to change the legal age from 19 to 21. I believe a federal law was passed eliminating some funds for interstates in states where the legal age wasn't 21.

Yep, in 1998.

Most states changed it in the 1980's when the federal MADD blackmail law was passed in 1984 (taking effect in 1986 for states not changing their laws)

I'm 18, and my work has decided to drug test everyone today. I had a lot to drink last night, and obviously not of drinking age. Does alcohol show up on the tests also or should I not be worried?

Meh....If you fail just go to the other Burger King in the area to get a job. :D