[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toshiba Laptop Advice

pork chop express

I have a Toshiba Satellite M65 - S9063 laptop with a 17" widescreen monitor. A little over a year after purchasing it a (hairline) thin vertical line appeared on middle of the screen running from top to bottom. When I took it back to Circuit City they told me that the screen was bad and that it needed to be replaced (approx. $500). Since it was over a year it was no longer covered by the factory warranty. I figured I would just live with this line on my screen. After all it was very thin. Since then more lines have appeared on the screen and I now have about 30 lines scattered in various places. I’ll continue to use till I can’t stand it any more, then I’ll just hook it up to an external monitor and relegate it for desktop use only. Needless to say my next laptop purchase won’t be a Toshiba.

If you do decide to get it you may want to ask about an extended warranty.

What model?

They used to a solid co., but a year or 2 ago, they put out a major lemon. Google the model # and look for reviews on Cnet/Zdnet, or Newegg.

A little over a year after purchasing it a (hairline) thin vertical line appeared on middle of the screen running from top to bottom. When I took it back to Circuit City they told me that the screen was bad and that it needed to be replaced (approx. $500). Since it was over a year it was no longer covered by the factory warranty.

Call and talk to these guys: http://fixmymonitor.com/ It may only need an adjustment or something minor. Those dorks at the retailers generally have no idea what they are talking about.

I have used many many toshiba's, like any other company, they have different lines. The ones at walmart? Not that great, some of the other models? Very good.

Best thing is to get the model number, and google it. Many people who have no problems never advertise it, but some people that do, cry cry cry, so don't think just cuase some dope had and ID-10T error that model sucks.

I would buy a Toshiba before any HP/Compaq/gateway or inspiron however.

My wife hates hers. I heckle her endlessly 'cause we were a Mac house before she went to the dark side and despite the fact that, like many PCs, in theory it has big numbers in all the ways you want it to. It is slow as hell and just a complete pain to use.

My wife hates hers. I heckle her endlessly 'cause we were a Mac house before she went to the dark side and despite the fact that, like many PCs, in theory it has big numbers in all the ways you want it to. It is slow as hell and just a complete pain to use.

Have you considered having it cleansed?