[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach Blitz?

Grits and Shins

The truth. I doubt he can handle it. He just wants everyone to blow smoke up his ass and tell him he's doing the right thing.

Here's a plan for parents like Grits. Let the coaches do their job, shut up and sit yer ass in the stands and applaud.

And don't forget to bring Gatorade.

:D:D:tup::doh::D:D Ding ding ding!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your daughter is going to play on two teams, then maybe it's not a bad thing that one of them will be competitive while the other will be more relaxed like a rec team.

And what exactly do you mean by her "primary" team? I don't understand the distinction I guess. :D

Over the top?

To get back to your question (I'll assume you were truly asking one here)....yes

Has nothing to do with fat catchers, competitive or not, blah blah blah.

Does have to do with the fact he asked you a question ("wanna coach", and after answering, you decided to go on a rant that whether factual or not (and no one on this board can truly judge that other than yourself) isn't needed in this letter.

I'm already getting mentally drained about my kids and sports, and my oldest is 22 months....

Then you never played very competitively. The battery is VERY important in competitive ball. If the catcher is deficient you are going to lose lots of games.

This is true. especially in the younger ages..the Catcher in the younger leagues is many times the teams best player.unless of course we are talking about lob..and I don't think we are.

If I had a daughter, she would be able to beat up your daughter.

:D

Take over the team and run it as you see fit. Who cares what the girls think and whether they want to have fun. It's all about winning. Yer an embarrassment and the reason kid's sports is what it is. Look in the mirror.

I am not gonna say Blitz is that kind of guy. although I admit I am leaning that way just from reading some of his posts. but what you wrote above IS what is wrong with kids sports.

If your daughter is going to play on two teams, then maybe it's not a bad thing that one of them will be competitive while the other will be more relaxed like a rec team.

And what exactly do you mean by her "primary" team? I don't understand the distinction I guess. :D

If she is to play on both I want her to be on Riccardo's team filling in for Jose's team ... not on Jose's team filling in for Riccardo's.

If she is to play on both I want her to be on Riccardo's team filling in for Jose's team ... not on Jose's team filling in for Riccardo's.

What does she want to do?

Second time this thread I've asked and haven't gotten an answer on that one. :D

What does she want to do?

Second time this thread I've asked and haven't gotten an answer on that one. :D

I have been echoing her sentiments. She wants to play for Riccardo and fill in for Jose. There are several reasons for her feeling thus:

1) She has hit it off with 3 or 4 of the girls on Riccardo's team, most especially the girl that plays 2nd base

2) She likes Riccardo and the rest of his coaching staff (his wife, daughter and son-in-law).

3) She likes Jamie but would rather play on a team with a coach that appears to know what he is doing and on a team that looks like it may win some games rather than play on a team with Jamie that is coached by Jamie's father. After Jose's team broke up last year she has decided that it was a good break up and is not interested in playing for Coach Jose unless it is strictly as a pick up player.

Shows what you know ... a very popular name in Mexico is Jesus ... sounds like hey suess

I think it's pronounced Hey Zeus, like in Die Hard III.

Just makin a joke. I'm Mexican with very Mexican relatives (insert joke here) ironically none name Jesus though.

After reading through this thread, you'd think that I started it. :D

Plow forward Grits and speak your mind, fighting for your kid but in a very respectful, level-headed way.

Oh right, I forgot he doesn't read my posts. :D

So, you all live in one house with 10 cars parked in the driveway/lawn/street? :D

I'm confused!! Doesn't your description describe Indian families? :D

You are a racist.

I know you are but what am I?

So, you all live in one house with 10 cars parked in the driveway/lawn/street? :tup:

Nah, only those losers that grew up in SW Detroit have cars everywhere. :D

Us Taylorites have standards. :D again