[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OJ denied

cliaz

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/05/09/simpson.snub.ap/index.html

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (AP) -- The owner of an upscale steakhouse said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

"The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct," he added. (Watch Ruby describe Simpson's dumbstruck look Video)

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby -- who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Ohio. Louisville, Kentucky, and Belterra, Indiana, -- said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night. :race card pulled:

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.

They were talking about this on Bob and Tom this morning. Not sure how this guy can pull the race card on this one...as according to the story I heard this morning, Michael Jordan and his group soon took over the tables that OJ had vacated...

What a jackass. He's b*tching about the attention OJ gets than goes and gives him even more media coverage. Moran.

+1000.

He could have given me any reason for doing what he did, and I would have been OK with it (barring perhaps "I hate negroes"). But because he doesn't want him to get attention?

what a moran

+1000.

He could have given me any reason for doing what he did, and I would have been OK with it (barring perhaps "I hate negroes"). But because he doesn't want him to get attention?

what a moran

I'm changing my opinion because I hate it when the pinko commie Frenchie who boards his son in a shed agrees with me.

Last time I checked...he's still innocent. :D

Face it, the cops and detectives were the morans.

He wasn't convicted (and never will be), but let's not be naive enough to actually say he is innocent. :D

< NOD >

I :D anybody that refuses service to that walking slime pit.

+1, this is the type of "attention" he should get more of. Hopefully others will see this & follow suit. :D

Well, mostly innocent. Is it murder when they beg ya to kill them?

Yes. It is not, however, murder if they asked you to reply to a WDIS kicker post in the pro football forum.

Edited by yo mama

What a jackass. He's b*tching about the attention OJ gets than goes and gives him even more media coverage. Moran.

Sounds more like a free PR opportunity for the restaurant. I'm willing to bet the owners laughing all the way to the bank with the "comped" advertising he's getting because the press likes to make a big deal about nothing.