[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI Reporting Vick involved with Dog Fighting

What is the problem with dog fighting? :D Dogs fight. Thats what they do. Why is everyone acting like raising fighting dogs is some HUGH deal. Its not! Neither is cockfighting. Its not like drugs, murder, etc. He is just raising dogs much like every other family in America. He is just raising a breed of dog that is known to fight, which really isnt a big deal anyway. When did "The View" take over the thoughts and minds of The Huddle?

I respect your opinion -- although I don't agree with it. The last part however is plain freaking funny! Who gets to be Rosie? DMD, WW or BJ? :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not you dumbass! Obviously, dogs should be properly restrained at all times. I dont have a problem ensuring that pets cant get out of their own yard. But that should be the law for any breed of dog. Are you suggesting that nobody should be able to own a dog because at some point in time they might escape their pen's and potentially hurt an innocent person? Should we just totally ban dog ownership? :D

I have been to both dog and cock fights. Its more of an athletic event than a fight to the death inhumane spectacle that PETA makes it out to be. The are f'n dogs for God sakes. Direct descendants of wolves. They fight. Its part of what they are. Whats wrong with letting them fight if vets are there to take care of any injuries? Should we ban boxing too because fighters get hurt? And football is clearly dangerous so should we ban that too? You Rosie O'Donnell girls make me sick. I guess the Oprahization of the American male is complete.

I've been to both also just not in the US and the animals looked pretty darn dead to me. Personally, if it's not my dog I can really care less. Is it cruel, yeah. Other than how it affects my hobby (FF) do I really care if some pitbulls kill each other? Not really. When people start caring about our kids being killed in Iraq with such conviction and they come home, then maybe I'll worry about the little doggies. Wishing someone dead because they're letting dogs fight is ridiculous. Wishing him dead because he threw another bad pass, that's something entirely different. :D

You can't lead an exciting life off the field and then on the field lead a bunch of no bodies to the Super Bowl. Maybe in a few years when these rookies aren't rookies, he might have a team.

:D I see you've changed your tune. Vick's been in the league for SIX years. That's six crops of rookies to help his team. And they haven't been drafting from the back of the pack either. What happened to all of your comparisons to Peyton Manning? It's a little embarrassing now isn't it? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

No its not you dumbass! Obviously, dogs should be properly restrained at all times. I dont have a problem ensuring that pets cant get out of their own yard. But that should be the law for any breed of dog. Are you suggesting that nobody should be able to own a dog because at some point in time they might escape their pen's and potentially hurt an innocent person? Should we just totally ban dog ownership? :D

I have been to both dog and cock fights. Its more of an athletic event than a fight to the death inhumane spectacle that PETA makes it out to be. The are f'n dogs for God sakes. Direct descendants of wolves. They fight. Its part of what they are. Whats wrong with letting them fight if vets are there to take care of any injuries? Should we ban boxing too because fighters get hurt? And football is clearly dangerous so should we ban that too? You Rosie O'Donnell girls make me sick. I guess the Oprahization of the American male is complete.

:D

I'll give this about 3/10 on the Toothless Tennesseean Trailer-dwelling Deliverance Bit Part Player Fishing Scale.

I'll give this about 3/10 on the Toothless Tennesseean Trailer-dwelling Deliverance Bit Part Player Fishing Scale.

Yep--the correct answer is that as long as the meat doesn't go to waste, it shouldn't matter if the dogs do indeed fight to the death.

Yep--the correct answer is that as long as the meat doesn't go to waste, it shouldn't matter if the dogs do indeed fight to the death.

And I'll give THAT 1/10 on the Horse Eating Primitive :D Economist Fishing Scale. :D

ATL - Former Player Buchanon Says Vick Directly Involved In Dog Fighting

Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Another report has surfaced that claims Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was involved in illegal dog fighting.

Fox Sports Radio's Chris Landry told a Tampa Bay radio station on Friday that he was told by former Falcons player Ray Buchanan that Vick is directly involved in dog fighting.

Attempts by the Journal-Constitution to reach Buchanan through a representative were unsuccessful. Landry could not be reached for comment.

Landry told the radio station that Buchanan told him at last month's NFL draft that Vick was definitely involved. "He tells me that Michael has been into this dog fighting for so long that ... he not only knew about, he is behind all of it, he's paying for all of it. ... Apparently, he's into it big time," Landry said.

What an idiot, too many people would know and be involved for it not to come out in the open eventually. No way alot of peeps keep quiet. Question is, how did Buchanon know, and how many other football people former or now, are involved?

The are f'n dogs for God sakes. Direct descendants of wolves. They fight. Its part of what they are. Whats wrong with letting them fight if vets are there to take care of any injuries? Should we ban boxing too because fighters get hurt? And football is clearly dangerous so should we ban that too? You Rosie O'Donnell girls make me sick. I guess the Oprahization of the American male is complete.

I think you and Vick should be put in a ring and forced to fight to the death. After all people fight, and murder each other. It's part of what they are. Don't fear, we'll have doctors standing by. :D Cmon don't be a Rosie O'Donnell!

Landry told the radio station that Buchanan told him at last month's NFL draft that Vick was definitely involved. "He tells me that Michael has been into this dog fighting for so long that ... he not only knew about, he is behind all of it, he's paying for all of it. ... Apparently, he's into it big time," Landry said.

If he doesn't get at least a four-game suspension for this, Goodell's recent crackdown on bad off-the-field behavior will be nothing more than posturing.

I think you and Vick should be put in a ring and forced to fight to the death. After all people fight, and murder each other. It's part of what they are. Don't fear, we'll have doctors standing by. :D Cmon don't be a Rosie O'Donnell!

Oh, Ive done my share of fighting. Ive had my nose broken 3 times and 4 of my front teeth are actually crowns as a result of catching fists in the grill. So, I will fight when need be. One thing that I wont do is welch on a bet. Never have, never will. And I have plenty of Huddlers who will testify to that fact. Can you say the same?

70 something dogs bred and trained to kill all living in a residential neighborhood.. tell me thats alright?

There shouldn't be a kennel in any residential neighborhoods, regardless of what the dogs are bred for. I am quite sure that there are city ordinances and neighborhood covenants restricting that sort of thing. But that is a seperate issue from dog fighting itself.

Oh, Ive done my share of fighting. Ive had my nose broken 3 times and 4 of my front teeth are actually crowns as a result of catching fists in the grill.

What a surprise. I guess schools are more tolerant of that stuff in the inner city eh

Let us know when you've contacted Vick's agent and have the fight all set.

ATL - Former Player Buchanon Says Vick Directly Involved In Dog Fighting

Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Another report has surfaced that claims Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was involved in illegal dog fighting.

Fox Sports Radio's Chris Landry told a Tampa Bay radio station on Friday that he was told by former Falcons player Ray Buchanan that Vick is directly involved in dog fighting.

Attempts by the Journal-Constitution to reach Buchanan through a representative were unsuccessful. Landry could not be reached for comment.

What an idiot, too many people would know and be involved for it not to come out in the open eventually. No way alot of peeps keep quiet. Question is, how did Buchanon know, and how many other football people former or now, are involved?

Ray Buchanan just denied everything on NFL Total Access. :D

Ray Buchanan just denied everything on NFL Total Access. :D

Is that the same Ray Buchanan that got caught cheating on his wife with a hooker the night before the Superbowl?

Why don't we just have Vick fighting instead of dog fighting? Starve Vick, his brother, and their posse, and then let them fight to the death. It would be big-time pay per view entertainment & do society as a whole a huge favor.

If he doesn't get at least a four-game suspension for this, Goodell's recent crackdown on bad off-the-field behavior will be nothing more than posturing.

+1

I'd bet that he does indeed suspend Vick...you can be sure that Thug Jones' camp is watching this closely.