[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI Reporting Vick involved with Dog Fighting

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's not a superstar, then why the 10 page threads on everything that he does?

Because there are people like you who repeatedly tell the rest of us how stupid we are that we can't see the magnificence that is the greatest player who ever donned cleats - Michael Vick.

That is about the stupidest criteria for naming somebody a superstar that I have ever heard.

Whether Vick is any good or not is irrelevant, he's percieved by the general public as a superstar, it's his fame not his ability, which is all the more reason for the commish to drop the hammer on this degenerate. If Goodell wants to show the players that his new policy has teeth, he was handed a golden opportunity right here. The commish has already proven that you don't have to actually be convicted of anything, you just need to be associated with bad stuff. Vick is used as a major marketing tool by the NFL, so if Goodell suspends an NFL "meal ticket', he will show the league, govt., fans, and/or anyone else that even remotely cares that he really means business and isn't just taking it out on thuggish defensive players and backup offensive players.

Whether Vick is any good or not is irrelevant, he's percieved by the general public as a superstar, it's his fame not his ability, which is all the more reason for the commish to drop the hammer on this degenerate. If Goodell wants to show the players that his new policy has teeth, he was handed a golden opportunity right here. The commish has already proven that you don't have to actually be convicted of anything, you just need to be associated with bad stuff. Vick is used as a major marketing tool by the NFL, so if Goodell suspends an NFL "meal ticket', he will show the league, govt., fans, and/or anyone else that even remotely cares that he really means business and isn't just taking it out on thuggish defensive players and backup offensive players.

His fame makes him a celebrity NOT a superstar ... you can't be a superstar in your sport if you suck at the actual playing of the game.

His fame makes him a celebrity NOT a superstar ... you can't be a superstar in your sport if you suck at the actual playing of the game.

I agree with you, the general public/casual fan does not. Either way my point remains the same.

If he's not a superstar, then why the 10 page threads on everything that he does?

Because there are people like you who repeatedly tell the rest of us how stupid we are that we can't see the magnificence that is the greatest player who ever donned cleats - Michael Vick.

would you please point me to the posts in this 10-page thread calling vick the greatest player who ever donned cleats? TIA.

would you please point me to the posts in this 10-page thread calling vick the greatest player who ever donned cleats? TIA.

Waterman's position on Vick is well known. Go somewhere else for your pissing contest. And I only see 6 pages so far, genius.

Edited by Bronco Billy