[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So How Fast Have You....

The Holy Roller

Hard to tell, I've pinned a couple of speedometers - two that topped at 140. I've also had a bike going over 100 mph, but I got real serious about holding on at that point and never looked back down at the 'meter. :D

I still love to drive fast - I regularly get my little Accord up over 100 on a stretch of interstate just before the exit to the office. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barely over 110 a few times.

But I do have the honor of getting a speeding ticket for 98MPH in Kansas. Whoops.

No, I never paid it.

:D One of 2 current states he can't drive in due to unpaid tickets.

In Bowling Green KY, 3 of us in our Vettes were running late to get back in time for dinner. I was in the '98 and 2 of us lit it up to around 140-145 MPH (and scared the bejeebus out of the SO). The 3rd car flew by us like we were standing still. :D

In the '94, it was around 135 MPH or so coming down the interstate into Norfolk with a group of about 10 others. The '94 is way funner to go fast in because of the digital speedometer.

Then there was this time, about 8 of us were doing about 110 and passed by a cop hidden behind a bush in the country. One guy said he simply waved his finger.

I will get busted badly one day for it. We only do it when no one is around and not in traffic (most times).

That's the highest for being illegal. On the track, I've pushed it past 150 or so...didn't really look down. :D

I went 140mph in my vette. Wasn't driving it , had to many beers. My best friends wife drove me, very smooth ride at that speed. The bad part was she didn't look at the fuel gauge before we got on the interstate and ran us out of gas. :D Luckily I had a couple of beers with me to past the time until the tow truck brought me some gas.

About 125-130 in my Firebird Formula on an open stretch of I-10 in the middle of the night (nobody around)...speedometer stopped at 120 and I was somewhat past that.

Fastest I ever have been in a car though was about 150 in a lap car before a race (knew the guy sponsoring the race).

So my story....

Several years ago me, my wife-to-be & a friend drove over to Mobile to watch another friends band play in this club. Well, me & my buddy got pretty tore up but him moreso than I. In fact me & the wife had to practically drag him to the car when we left. We had a slight problem though, buddy is kinda tall & we couldn't quite get him in the back seat of the Accord. So we had the bright idea of laying the back seats down(opening to the trunk) and shoving him in head first so that he would be able to lay down & sleep on the way home...seemed to work great and we hopped in the car(wife driving) & jumped on the interstate for home. Then we get about ten minutes from the state line & we start to hear the drunken HEY! thunk, thunk, thunk...HEY! where am I!!! LEMME out! thunk, thunk, thunk. Of course me & the wife are laughing our asses off at him because he thinks he's locked in the trunk. I finally start to try to tell him what's going on then all of a sudden he get's the trunk open and starts to get up as if he's going to climb out :D . I start yelling at him and climbing back and grabbing him to keep him from jumping out of the car as we're traveling down the interstate. When I finally do get him calmed down and aware he's like.."dude, that was pretty cool looking out the back." So we end up spending the rest of the ride home hanging out of the trunk at around 75 mph. We were finding anything we could to stick down on the road...quarters, our fingers...the coolest thing was a cassette tape because when it hit the metal piece that the tape runs over it started sparking like crazy. We ended up wearing that cassette down to about a 1/2" square. Then when we got bored with that we'd close the trunk to where there was just a crack we could see out of then we'd have the wife slow down so a car would get up close behind us then we'd fling the trunk open and jump up screaming & waving. We really freaked the crap out of a few people...it was hilarious at the time, but hindsight I'm really glad it didn't cause any wrecks. I remember one older woman that got behind us was dying laughing, she must have followed us for several miles watching us do it to other cars. :D Finally we make it back to Biloxi & we ended trip by "seeing what it looked like going really fast across the bridge while hanging out of the trunk". My wife had the car floored and it honestly looked kinda cool.

So my story....

Several years ago me, my wife-to-be & a friend drove over to Mobile to watch another friends band play in this club. Well, me & my buddy got pretty tore up but him moreso than I. In fact me & the wife had to practically drag him to the car when we left. We had a slight problem though, buddy is kinda tall & we couldn't quite get him in the back seat of the Accord. So we had the bright idea of laying the back seats down(opening to the trunk) and shoving him in head first so that he would be able to lay down & sleep on the way home...seemed to work great and we hopped in the car(wife driving) & jumped on the interstate for home. Then we get about ten minutes from the state line & we start to hear the drunken HEY! thunk, thunk, thunk...HEY! where am I!!! LEMME out! thunk, thunk, thunk. Of course me & the wife are laughing our asses off at him because he thinks he's locked in the trunk. I finally start to try to tell him what's going on then all of a sudden he get's the trunk open and starts to get up as if he's going to climb out :D . I start yelling at him and climbing back and grabbing him to keep him from jumping out of the car as we're traveling down the interstate. When I finally do get him calmed down and aware he's like.."dude, that was pretty cool looking out the back." So we end up spending the rest of the ride home hanging out of the trunk at around 75 mph. We were finding anything we could to stick down on the road...quarters, our fingers...the coolest thing was a cassette tape because when it hit the metal piece that the tape runs over it started sparking like crazy. We ended up wearing that cassette down to about a 1/2" square. Then when we got bored with that we'd close the trunk to where there was just a crack we could see out of then we'd have the wife slow down so a car would get up close behind us then we'd fling the trunk open and jump up screaming & waving. We really freaked the crap out of a few people...it was hilarious at the time, but hindsight I'm really glad it didn't cause any wrecks. I remember one older woman that got behind us was dying laughing, she must have followed us for several miles watching us do it to other cars. :D Finally we make it back to Biloxi & we ended trip by "seeing what it looked like going really fast across the bridge while hanging out of the trunk". My wife had the car floored and it honestly looked kinda cool.

How you made it as old as your are is a miracle. :tup:

While in Germany, I rented a Porcshe and took it up to 244 KPH.... 151.6 MPH. That was pretty wild. Too bad they wouldn't rent me the Targa... would have gone faster. Just one suggestion though if you ever do this in Germany... make sure you know what the word "curve" is in German. :D Topped a hill, and there is was... a freakin curve. Kept it under 120 after that.