[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So How Fast Have You....

The Holy Roller

That whacko in Detroit who was doing 146 mph got me to thinking. The fastest I have ever driven a car was 120+ when I owned a 1970 Mustang set up for the track. It had more to give but I realized then I wasn't "driving" I was just riding. What's the fastest you've ever driven a car?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a car? I don't think either my 86 Honda? truck, my 98 Camry, or my current speedster 00 volvo V70 have taken me past the other side of 100 yet.

I did take my Yamaha Seca II past 125 a few times back in the day.

high 120s in my buddy's Corrado

We were playing the King of Rt. 78.

The rule - be the guy in front. If you can see someone ahead of you, you aren't doing your job.

It was stupid. There were 3-4 of us in the bugger being idiots. I am sure we were throwing things at each other and hitting each other and whatnot. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It was stupid. There were 3-4 of us in the bugger being idiots. I am sure we were throwing things at each other and hitting each other and whatnot. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

While driving on long stretches of I-35, I used to close my eyes and see how high I could count before opening them. How fricken stupid is that?!?!? :D

Buried the needle on both a Supra Turbo & a suped up Trans Am. Couldn't tell you how fast that was, all I know is the feeling that all it would take was one wrong bump & we were toast.

While driving on long stretches of I-35, I used to close my eyes and see how high I could count before opening them. How fricken stupid is that?!?!? :D

that's even worse than buying edge for $50.

145 on the back stretch of Watkins Glen. The problem is that you have to get down to about 80 for the corner. :D

I actually was around 105-110 in a 55 zone last fall and got pulled over 5 minutes later at 78. The cop dropped it down to 69. I keep it around 9 over now unless traffic is faster.

i've had my little subaru and a few other cars over 100, but not much over, 110 prolly the max. by far, the fastest FEELING was my first car, a 1970 dodge dart swinger 318 when i got it up around 100 on a road that, while i won't call it a side street, more like a frontage road in the middle of the city (how does anyone live through high school, anyway?). i believe that made mah pants tight.

About a month after I got back from Iraq I was going about 125mph on I-5 for about 6 or 7 miles. Turns out a cop was chasing me the entire time because I screeched out of a parking to merge into the on-ramp for I-5. The cop heard me screech my tires and was chasing me to give me a sound violation ticket. I had no idea he was chasing me, but when I finally slowed down to about 85mph or so I noticed the police SUV coming up quickly on my tail with his siren and lights on too, so I slowed down and pulled over only to realize he was chasing me! :tup:

The first thing the officer told me, with his hand on his weapon, was that he was following me ever since I got on the freeway. :D Oops. I had my music on way to loud for me to even hear him following me with his siren on, and after I apologized he gave me 5 different ticket that racked up to about $900. :D You lose your driving license if you get more than 4 seperate tickets (in Oregon at least) within one or two years.

Long story short, I went to court and plead 'not guilty' because the police officer mentioned to me how he was unable to actually clock my car at any specific speed, but that he simply couldn't catch up to me because the police SUV's have a computer chip in the vehicle that shuts down the engine once they reach the speed of 90mph. So he knew I was going well above that because I was still pulling away from the car at 90+mph. Which is why the chase went on for several miles.

After I plead not guilty one of the other police officers came up to me and said how his two buddies were the ones who pulled me over, I guess the story was somewhat big because of how "crazy" I was allegedly driving. At any rate, I explained to him that I had just gotten back from Iraq and never usually drive like that. He was a pretty friendly guy, and once he knew I was a Marine Vet that just came back from war his whole demeanor changed towards me. About two weeks to a month later I had my attorney try and do a plea-bargain and take the speeding ticket and one of the other tickets, but drop the other three. This would have reduced my fine from $900 to about $400, and I would have kept my license. The judge, or other police officer that my attorney talked with turned down my plea-bargain and counter offered with dropping all of my charges/fines and only taking the sound violation -- a mere $90 ticket that doesn't count against your driving record. I must have made a positive impact somewhere because my attorney called me all surprised and confused, but that I might as well take the small sound violation and accept this as a win. Which it definitely was! :doh: