[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

outta the blocks

nuke'em ttg

Good thread. :D

2 more hrs of work

Big T-Ball game at 6pm (Coach :tup:)

Son has a playoff mini mite hockey game at 7pm but I won't be able to catch much of that.

Something quick for Dinner

RedWings / Ducks tonight with some cold ones.

Soccer / Baseball and Pistons tomorrow.

Somewhere in there I have to cut the grass also.

Mothers Day Sunday. Oh well, can't win em all. :D

Good thread. :D

2 more hrs of work

Big T-Ball game at 6pm (Coach :doh:)

Son has a playoff mini mite hockey game at 7pm but I won't be able to catch much of that.

Something quick for Dinner

RedWings / Ducks tonight with some cold ones.

Soccer / Baseball and Pistons tomorrow.

Somewhere in there I have to cut the grass also.

Mothers Day Sunday. Oh well, can't win em all. :D

:tup: ........Here's ta makin Mothers

The one you recently removed from your avatar? :D

Umm, err... the Pistons are kicking asz though. :D:tup:

Err.. I mean Red Wings. Forgot what picture I had there. :doh: again

Edited by chiefjay

Got hammered last night. Getting slightly hammered tonight.

It's nice out today, want to grill, but we're soaked with all the rain we've had the past 2 weeks... but I'll probably do it anyway, just be covered in mud, should protect from mosquitos anyway.

Got hammered last night. Getting slightly hammered tonight.

It's nice out today, want to grill, but we're soaked with all the rain we've had the past 2 weeks... but I'll probably do it anyway, just be covered in mud, should protect from mosquitos anyway.

That's why i'm f'n fired up..... :tup: .....just nice to see the sun again......no skeeters yet at the house....... :D ..... but know the cough suffers are comin.......... :D

My weekend will be profitable but not fun. The momotards from UNC and Duke (8 miles apart) have scheduled their graduations on the same weekend the last two years. Of course, that weekend has also happened to be mother's day. So every restaurant and hotel is crazy packed.

The irritating thing is that we pretty much fill up every weekend and may, in fact, do less total covers on Saturday (since the locals all stay home and you don't get many walk-ins at either bar). It's all large parties, a higher than average number of kids that aren't old enough to drink (there goes the check average), people who don't ever go out so when they do they expect to have their ass kissed up and down all night especially when their dear spoiled child is graduating college. Grandpa wants his steak cooked well. On and on.

Yesterday the annual ritual of people calling to "confirm" reservations that they never made was rekindled. This tactic is starting to be harder for them to pull off as more and more places are going to computerized reservation systems and are, thus, less likely to get bullied into thinking that they must have lost the reservation. You know when they're not good at it when they just hang up the second you tell them that you don't have their reservation in the book. Like somebody who'd actually made a reservation for 10 at 7pm on grad weekend would give up that easily the second they're told they're not in the book. :D

Oh, I nearly forgot. I can almost assure you that at least one large party is going to show up with like six or more extra people and just figure we can fit them in. Then they're going to pitch a fit when we tell them there is simply no room. "But I had a reservation!" "Yes, for 10. Not for 18. If half of you are willing to stand, then perhaps we can work something out, but I can't really imagine what you expect me to do about this. It's a bit late for me to make my restaurant larger."

Heading to Benihana with the bowling team tonight for our annual night out. Getting the filet and lobster tail combo with fried rice. Throw in a couple saporros and it will be a good evening.

:D Bowling team night out? What the f is that? Shouldn't you be going to a strip club for that?

Dwight, Jim, and Andy joining you? :D

You might want to delete that post and maybe I'll do the same. :tup:

:doh: Bowling team night out? What the f is that? Shouldn't you be going to a strip club for that?

Dwight, Jim, and Andy joining you? :D

You might want to delete that post and maybe I'll do the same. :D

Well we put money into a can throughout the entire season whenever we have an open frame (25 cents) or if you're the only bowler who didn't get a strike in a particular frame ($5). We ended up with $617 :tup:

Did I mention we were close to last place.

Oh and we decided to grab a meal out the pot each year and we all like that little Japanese place so we start off there. We proceeded to a very ghettofied bar afterwards last year (The Hooch on Telegraph) and ended up pretty wasted and home very late.

I plan on getting back at a decent hour tonight. :D

My weekend will be profitable but not fun. The momotards from UNC and Duke (8 miles apart) have scheduled their graduations on the same weekend the last two years. Of course, that weekend has also happened to be mother's day. So every restaurant and hotel is crazy packed.

The irritating thing is that we pretty much fill up every weekend and may, in fact, do less total covers on Saturday (since the locals all stay home and you don't get many walk-ins at either bar). It's all large parties, a higher than average number of kids that aren't old enough to drink (there goes the check average), people who don't ever go out so when they do they expect to have their ass kissed up and down all night especially when their dear spoiled child is graduating college. Grandpa wants his steak cooked well. On and on.

Yesterday the annual ritual of people calling to "confirm" reservations that they never made was rekindled. This tactic is starting to be harder for them to pull off as more and more places are going to computerized reservation systems and are, thus, less likely to get bullied into thinking that they must have lost the reservation. You know when they're not good at it when they just hang up the second you tell them that you don't have their reservation in the book. Like somebody who'd actually made a reservation for 10 at 7pm on grad weekend would give up that easily the second they're told they're not in the book. :tup:

Oh, I nearly forgot. I can almost assure you that at least one large party is going to show up with like six or more extra people and just figure we can fit them in. Then they're going to pitch a fit when we tell them there is simply no room. "But I had a reservation!" "Yes, for 10. Not for 18. If half of you are willing to stand, then perhaps we can work something out, but I can't really imagine what you expect me to do about this. It's a bit late for me to make my restaurant larger."

Restaurants / Construction.........a 180 when it comes to drinkin........ :D .....is that right Big John .......... :D

:doh:

Taking my boys camping tonight and swimming tomorrow. Then headed to mom and mom-in-laws to pay respects there and mow my dad's lawn.

Sunday is all about the Mrs. and her friend who's going through a divorce. My wife wants to make it a special mother's day for her 'cause her loser ex never did much for her. I'm stopping by the butcher and produce market on the way home to procure vast piles of grub for the grill on Sunday. :D

Everybody have a happy mama's day and treat da wimmin folk nice. :D

Taking my boys camping tonight and swimming tomorrow. Then headed to mom and mom-in-laws to pay respects there and mow my dad's lawn.

Sunday is all about the Mrs. and her friend who's going through a divorce. My wife wants to make it a special mother's day for her 'cause her loser ex never did much for her. I'm stopping by the butcher and produce market on the way home to procure vast piles of grub for the grill on Sunday. :tup:

Everybody have a happy mama's day and treat da wimmin folk nice. :D

No Doubt........have a good one Jimmy..... :D

Well we put money into a can throughout the entire season whenever we have an open frame (25 cents) or if you're the only bowler who didn't get a strike in a particular frame ($5). We ended up with $617 :doh:

Did I mention we were close to last place.

Oh and we decided to grab a meal out the pot each year and we all like that little Japanese place so we start off there. We proceeded to a very ghettofied bar afterwards last year (The Hooch on Telegraph) and ended up pretty wasted and home very late.

I plan on getting back at a decent hour tonight. :D

Hooch, Telegraph and Van Born? I'm just guessing of course. :D

Good idea. Sounds like you have enough money for one more. :tup: Just call me Ryan. (another office reference)

Huddle poker tonight hopefully

Tomorrow big bachelor party dinner for my friend at Carmines Italian restaurant in NYC

Sunday- Spend the day with my wife and Mom for mothers day