[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupidest thing you ever did in a car?

rajncajn

This is probably not the stupidest, but I'm sure it's close. I've got another that involves a Plymouth Valarie station wagon, a reciprocating saw and some really steep railroad tracks. :D

So my story....

Several years ago me, my wife-to-be & a friend drove over to Mobile to watch another friends band play in this club. Well, me & my buddy got pretty tore up but him moreso than I. In fact me & the wife had to practically drag him to the car when we left. We had a slight problem though, buddy is kinda tall & we couldn't quite get him in the back seat of the Accord. So we had the bright idea of laying the back seats down(opening to the trunk) and shoving him in head first so that he would be able to lay down & sleep on the way home...seemed to work great and we hopped in the car(wife driving) & jumped on the interstate for home. Then we get about ten minutes from the state line & we start to hear the drunken HEY! thunk, thunk, thunk...HEY! where am I!!! LEMME out! thunk, thunk, thunk. Of course me & the wife are laughing our asses off at him because he thinks he's locked in the trunk. I finally start to try to tell him what's going on then all of a sudden he get's the trunk open and starts to get up as if he's going to climb out :D . I start yelling at him and climbing back and grabbing him to keep him from jumping out of the car as we're traveling down the interstate. When I finally do get him calmed down and aware he's like.."dude, that was pretty cool looking out the back." So we end up spending the rest of the ride home hanging out of the trunk at around 75 mph. We were finding anything we could to stick down on the road...quarters, our fingers...the coolest thing was a cassette tape because when it hit the metal piece that the tape runs over it started sparking like crazy. We ended up wearing that cassette down to about a 1/2" square. Then when we got bored with that we'd close the trunk to where there was just a crack we could see out of then we'd have the wife slow down so a car would get up close behind us then we'd fling the trunk open and jump up screaming & waving. We really freaked the crap out of a few people...it was hilarious at the time, but hindsight I'm really glad it didn't cause any wrecks. I remember one older woman that got behind us was dying laughing, she must have followed us for several miles watching us do it to other cars. :tup: Finally we make it back to Biloxi & we ended trip by "seeing what it looked like going really fast across the bridge while hanging out of the trunk". My wife had the car floored and it honestly looked kinda cool.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a road hummer once... I don't know if that was the stupidest thing I have ever done in a car, but it was one of the funnest.. :D

I had to drive through a busy intersection while getting one once. It was a little embarassing.

Drove it purposefully into another car going down the interstate during rush hour.

Long story short, I had to squeeze into a tight spot in lane change because of exit ramp Y split off during rush hour. Other guy felt like I cut him off and tailgated me and boxed me in right lanes as I kept changing lanes to try to get away from him.

After a while I had enough and swerved into him.

Not my brightest of moments. :D

Edited by Def.

I drove thru East St. Louis at night. :D

And two years ago I almost ran out of gas in Memphis is the "shadier" part of town. Had to get gas at a station where all the doors are locked, the person sits inside a bullet-proof cage to collect the money. Of course there's a half dozen crackheads laying around the place and when I got out to go prepay for the gas my wife LOCKS the doors. :D

Trying to pass rolling papers between cars at 85 mph on a way to a concert. That and driving under the influence of too many things on too many different occasions.

I got a road hummer once... I don't know if that was the stupidest thing I have ever done in a car, but it was one of the funnest.. :D

I had to drive through a busy intersection while getting one once. It was a little embarassing.

Try getting pulled over while getting one. Now that was interesting... I swear officer, she was just sleeping and resting her head.....

Man, I was thinking about it and it's amazing I'm alive. Between youth = indestructibility feelings years ago, too fast driving, some just dumb/unlucky crap, and sometimes having a few too many probably....

few hummers, and one dose of straight out sex....which has to be near the top of dumb things (and honestly wasn't even enjoyable since I was mostly scared it would result in a wreck)

I passed a car on a narrow (and curved) bridge while doing about 75 on the way to school ...

The problem is that the bridge is in a curve and covered in ice and a car is coming down the opposite hill ... to this day, I think about that moment and know I probably should have died from any of a number of different things.

to many t list but the one i can remember right now is

roof surfing at 75 mph while tripping on acid :D

I almost got yanked out of the car once trying to grab an orange cone at 70. Left a hugh briuse on the back of my left arm from the window. I was just drunk.

Once while tripping I thougt a mole on my face was a zit and ripped it off.

We got a bunch of golfball sized rocks and would throw them out the car ahead of us doing 65. Needless to say the rocks are bouncing down the road and we are catching up. Most of them flew by the windshield at a rate of speed I can only guess. The most dangerous part of this story... we were in a Ford Pinto :D

I hung out the door holding a snow brush to see how far I could grind it down on the road before we got home. But that wasn't stupid, that was fun.

i remembered another... driving to a dead show in tinly park ill.. trippen and doing nitrous while driving.... man that was just dum... :D

Yeah. I hear that.

We couldn't find places to drink in high school so we used to drive around drinking all night. I doubt you could get away with that these days.