[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad news for the Steelers

Menudo

I would never believe that AF would lay down and let big plays happen against him. He is way to profesional to do that. His attitude right now could very well be a problem and I sure hope that the Steelers do something with him howvever, he is a straight shooter. He does not bite his tounge ever. He says what is on his mind even when it is not popular and always has.

I would never believe that AF would lay down and let big plays happen against him. He is way to profesional to do that. His attitude right now could very well be a problem and I sure hope that the Steelers do something with him howvever, he is a straight shooter. He does not bite his tounge ever. He says what is on his mind even when it is not popular and always has.

I believe this to be the case also. If I were the Steelers, I'd put out a trade feeler to see what is out there, but, I'm guessing the offers wouldn't be enough for a guy of Faneca's abilities, considering he only has one year left on his contract. If the Steelers don't get enough of an offer, keep him for this last year. As you said, I think he will give full effort regardless, as that is the type of player he is. I'm more concerned with what his influence might be in the locker room, if he is still this unhappy.

Faneca went public because he was INSULTED by the Steelers and he wanted to show his anger and disgust.

"We'd like to keep you and are willing to pay you millions to stay and play." Yep, I'd find that treatment disgusting and would be wild with anger ...

:D

:tup:

If Faneca wanted to end his career in Pittsburgh, he could and the Steelers have offered to let him make more money than he and his children will ever need. Handled wisely, two generations are set for life, just because AF can block. That's sweet.

Waith -- somebody else who can block might be making more? How does that make "set for life" disgusting? Set aside the envy and play ball where you want to -- or embrace the envy, seek the biggest contract, but don't piss about being slighted on your way out!

"We'd like to keep you and are willing to pay you millions to stay and play." Yep, I'd find that treatment disgusting and would be wild with anger ...

If Faneca wanted to end his career in Pittsburgh, he could and the Steelers have offered to let him make more money than he and his children will ever need. Handled wisely, two generations are set for life, just because AF can block. That's sweet.

Waith -- somebody else who can block might be making more? How does that make "set for life" disgusting? Set aside the envy and play ball where you want to -- or embrace the envy, seek the biggest contract, but don't piss about being slighted on your way out!

I agree.

:doh:

he played this like a jerk...........Faneca is classless and his comments have always been that way...from showing disgust when Ben started his first game (you know a kid starting at QB) thru telling everyone his favorite coach Grimm didn't get the job....telling everyone he will have no way to feed his family after giving it all his 9 years he has this as his thanks....

Ummmm Faneca in 2002 was awarded the largest contract for an NFL guard.....you guessed it, the same contract that he is in the last year of......poor baby

he played this like a jerk...........Faneca is classless and his comments have always been that way...from showing disgust when Ben started his first game (you know a kid starting at QB) thru telling everyone his favorite coach Grimm didn't get the job....telling everyone he will have no way to feed his family after giving it all his 9 years he has this as his thanks....

Ummmm Faneca in 2002 was awarded the largest contract for an NFL guard.....you guessed it, the same contract that he is in the last year of......poor baby

The point is that the offer is under his worth and just to you and I it's a lot of money, but to a player and his peers it's a low offer. Your company says hey your not in our plans and here's a offer under your worth and your telling me you would be okay with this. I'm guessing your seeing this through the eyes of what you make and it's about his peers not ours. I could care less really because I'm a Bengals fan the more problems the Steelers have the better. :D

Great posts, Donutrun Jellies and SteelerMurf.

I think back to Bettis. He was clearly going to get more money if he jumped ship but instead he took a pay cut to stay where he wanted. That has payed off hugh for him. Alan is not in the same place Bettis was but it's still a valid point. If he ego tells him that he has got to be amoung the top paid then his Steeler days are coming to an end. Any real Steeler fan knows this. He is worth a lot of money to us and I'm pretty sure that the low ball offer that he speaks of is a lot of money even to him. Maybe not top of the gaurd scale but his best years are in the past. He still has good years in front of him but they are not going to be the same as the past nine. Front office knows this but there are screwballs from other teams that will pay him like his has the same nine years left in him and he knows this.

Great posts, Donutrun Jellies and SteelerMurf.

I think back to Bettis. He was clearly going to get more money if he jumped ship but instead he took a pay cut to stay where he wanted. That has payed off hugh for him. Alan is not in the same place Bettis was but it's still a valid point. If he ego tells him that he has got to be amoung the top paid then his Steeler days are coming to an end. Any real Steeler fan knows this. He is worth a lot of money to us and I'm pretty sure that the low ball offer that he speaks of is a lot of money even to him. Maybe not top of the gaurd scale but his best years are in the past. He still has good years in front of him but they are not going to be the same as the past nine. Front office knows this but there are screwballs from other teams that will pay him like his has the same nine years left in him and he knows this.

With Polamalu up as well next year, and Roethlisberger in two years, we simply can't pay him what his current cost will be. Now the question is, do we have him play out this year or not ?

With Polamalu up as well next year, and Roethlisberger in two years, we simply can't pay him what his current cost will be. Now the question is, do we have him play out this year or not ?

The Steelers will either Trade him or Faneca will play out this year. I do not see the Steelers cutting him when they could get something in return via trade. Another reason I do not see the Steelers cutting him is that they do not have much depth at O Line and I do not see how they could cut their best player on the line. I couldn't imagine Faneca not playing with full effort if he does remain a Steeler this season. He is a competitor and not to mention that if he is as concerned about getting a hugh pay day it would be foolish for him to not give 100%.

The Steelers will either Trade him or Faneca will play out this year. I do not see the Steelers cutting him when they could get something in return via trade. Another reason I do not see the Steelers cutting him is that they do not have much depth at O Line and I do not see how they could cut their best player on the line. I couldn't imagine Faneca not playing with full effort if he does remain a Steeler this season. He is a competitor and not to mention that if he is as concerned about getting a hugh pay day it would be foolish for him to not give 100%.

Yes, cutting him is not an option. It's either a trade, in which we get decent return value, or he plays out his remaining year on his contract.

Another question mark for the Steelers comeback to the top ranks of the league....

My only real involvement is that I have FWP as a keeper this year, and I don't want Faneca dogging it when it comes to run blocking. But I agree that if the Steelers have decided that "Hey, this guy has been great, but he has been in the league 10 years and we need to get younger at this position and there is only so much $$ that we can fork out for salaries anyway" they should be straight up with Faneca about it and tell him that if he goes out and plays his butt off this year they will do everything they can to get him a good spot at another team. The guy is a 6 time pro-bowler, so that seems like fair treatment to me.

If they are just trying to lowball him to screw him over and create a "sweatshop" O-line, then Steelers managment should go die in a fire.