[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Preakness

spain

Since we had so much fun in the 2007 Kentucky Derby thread, I thought that I would start a thread on the Preakness. I dont know if any of the local Huddlers who live up that way will be attending the Preakness or not. But I would sure like to see Mark, Paulie, Tom, and you other railbirds handicap the card of races next Saturday culminating in the Preakness. Again, I dont know the north end from the south end of a horse. But I plan to bet some $$ online on a few of the races based on what some of you eggsperts come up with just for fun. As for the Preakness itself, it seems like it is going to be a 3 horse race between Street Sense, Hard Spun, and Curlin, based on what I saw at the Derby a couple weeks ago. What do you guys think? Any other locks for other races on the card for next Saturday? And we're off....

Edited by spain

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing to remember about the undercard of the Preakness is it's the day for the local trainers to point to for the last few months. I've seen many horses that don't have great form, but the local trainers will turn the screws to get their day in the sun.

Usually, the Pimlico Special has been a great race in the past, but I'm not sure what that field is shaping up to be.

The ONLY horses that weren't in the Derby that might have a chance in the Preakness are King of the Roxy and Flying First Class, and I don't give them that great of a chance.

Some say Curlin is ready for a bounce, but I'm not sure yet.

Street Sense looks like the real deal, but is the type I'll usually play against to try to steal some cash.

I'll post more later in the week.

Since we had so much fun in the 2007 Kentucky Derby thread, I thought that I would start a thread on the Preakness. I dont know if any of the local Huddlers who live up that way will be attending the Preakness or not. But I would sure like to see Mark, Paulie, Tom, and you other railbirds handicap the card of races next Saturday culminating in the Preakness. Again, I dont know the north end from the south end of a horse. But I plan to bet some $$ online on a few of the races based on what some of you eggsperts come up with just for fun. As for the Preakness itself, it seems like it is going to be a 3 horse race between Street Sense, Hard Spun, and Curlin, based on what I saw at the Derby a couple weeks ago. What do you guys think? Any other locks for other races on the card for next Saturday? And we're off....

I'm more interested in what your wife has to say....

I'm more interested in what your wife has to say....

:tup: That was the wildest thing I have ever seen. I was relying on Gil and GTS for picks, and my wife is picking the winners out of her ass for every race. Her method is very simple: Beyer score? Nope. training times? Nope! Previous races? No sir!. She picks based on the name of the horse! :D She was amazing Derby weekend. :D Lets hope she can keep it going next week.

:doh: That was the wildest thing I have ever seen. I was relying on Gil and GTS for picks, and my wife is picking the winners out of her ass for every race. Her method is very simple: Beyer score? Nope. training times? Nope! Previous races? No sir!. She picks based on the name of the horse! :D She was amazing Derby weekend. :tup: Lets hope she can keep it going next week.

When I first started taking my wife to the OTW, she would'nt let me buy her a program. She'd watch the post parades and pick the horses that looked the most agressive to her.

Of course she picked more winners then than she does now. :D

:tup: That was the wildest thing I have ever seen. I was relying on Gil and GTS for picks, and my wife is picking the winners out of her ass for every race. Her method is very simple: Beyer score? Nope. training times? Nope! Previous races? No sir!. She picks based on the name of the horse! :D She was amazing Derby weekend. :D Lets hope she can keep it going next week.

My wife does the same thing. She will also factor in # combos for birthdays and things like that. She does really well with the races with her "method". I don't get it but she tends to win. She usually only bets tri's and has hit some for some decent $. On the other hand,I suck at picking horses.

Physical handicapping is a good thing to to when you aren't faced with large crowds and you can get it in last second.

Short stepping is one thing I look for right away, and when they are all lathered up, it's not good.

Too aggressive is not a good thing either, unless you handicap it and see if a horse is the only speed in the race, then you can bank that they'll be up front and could carry it all the way.

I will be at the Preakness, but like you don't know anything about horses :D

Someone is going to spend a lot of time, that he won't later remember, in the infield.

Not in the infield, we are down on the track inbetween the start/finish line. We have had these same seats for the last 4 years, the Dr that works for my wife gets them and sells them to us.

How many seats do you have? :D

We have the option to get up to 6 seats total, but we have to let him know by December. This year we have 4, but if you let me know I can put you in for next year if you'd like.

We have the option to get up to 6 seats total, but we have to let him know by December. This year we have 4, but if you let me know I can put you in for next year if you'd like.

Please remind me when its time to put your order in...

hey jeff, when i see the post draws and the form i'll give you a little insight. for some odd reason, guess its just a hunch at this point, i don't think that the top 3 from the derby are going to be the winner. i think we get one of the other horses that really didn't fire in that race to come alive at pimlico. just an early hunch. i'll firm something up for you and i to play later in the week.

ELMONT, N.Y. - Circular Quay, the sixth-place finisher in the Kentucky Derby, may run in Saturday's Preakness Stakes, trainer Todd Pletcher said Monday.

On Monday at Belmont Park, Circular Quay worked four furlongs in 48.44 seconds in company with the Grade 3 stakes winner A. P. Arrow. Pletcher said he wanted to evaluate Circular Quay on Tuesday before making a final decision.

"I thought the horse worked well," Pletcher said. "Basically since the Derby he's trained very well, and I just wanted to keep my options opens. I'll wait and see how he looks tomorrow."

drf

Who? Cingular Quay? Is he the barry bonds of horses?

Pletcher does wonders with his horses until they crack down on the testing before big races. Note the poor finishes in all the Derby's for him. Even with 5 in the KD, he didn't do better than 6th.

12th (6:15)

Preakness S. (G1)

1 3/16 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $1,000,000

Post Horse Trainer Jockey Odds*

1 Mint Slewlep Bailes Garcia 30-1

2 Xchanger Shuman Dominguez 15-1

3 Circular Quay Pletcher Velazquez 8-1

4 Curlin Asmussen Albarado 7-2

5 King of the Roxy Pletcher Gomez 12-1

6 Flying First Class Lukas Guidry 20-1

7 Hard Spun Jones Pino 5-2

8 Street Sense Nafzger Borel 7-5