[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Preakness

spain

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a load of spain. Too lazy to whip up another alias. :D

that was hawt.

:tup: For the last time, that was the real Mrs. Spain. That was actually her 1st post ever at The Huddle. Besides, you think I would claim even half of those stupid picks she made? :D

Nope, that was the real Mrs Spain!

:D

12th: Cingular Quay and Hard Spun

The Great Mrs. Spain picked my Exacta!!! God Bless you!

Hard Spun will be rated by the top jockey over the track...HS will run a slightly different race from the derby.

Anyone know the track condition? HS will romp over a wet surface.

Hard Spun will be rated by the top jockey over the track...HS will run a slightly different race from the derby.

I am getting ready to head there right now and it is beautiful out. Only a 30% chance of any rain tonight as of now and should be about 75. Perfect :D weather :D

I will be thinking of you guys :tup:

I am getting ready to head there right now and it is beautiful out. Only a 30% chance of any rain tonight as of now and should be about 75. Perfect :tup: weather :D

I will be thinking of you guys :D

:D ....Ya right......only safe bet today........is that Tri-fecta your gonna get from Mrs T bone after shes been drinkin and watchin horses all day......... :D.... ready the whip....... :doh:

Beautiful day here in Baltimore. Should be a Fast track today.

Hey Huddlers! I'm the Mrs. Spain... I know most of you really want to know what kind of strange woman would put up with a maniac like Mr Spain, but he's really a softee... and he has a cute butt! Ok, so on to the business at hand... first of all, my disclaimer:

I, like my hubby, don't know the north end from the south of a horse, so don't be dumping a bunch of $ on these 'out of the air' picks, and then come back and slam me when you're applying for a second mortgage. Nuf said.... nice to meet you all and here we go:

1st race: Phantastic Peace 8th of 10

2nd race: Andiamo Show, but paid $8.00

3rd race: Orlop 6th of 11

4th race: Coppertone Kid Show, paid $4.40

5th race: Beer Stein and Hero's Reward 4th and a win pd 7.50

6th race: Sports Town did not run ?, result show only 7 horses

7th race: Grigorieva 4th of 8

8th race: Diabolical win pd 4.00

9th race: no pick

10th race: Einstein and Mending Fences

11th: Smelling Salts

12th: Cingular Quay and Hard Spun

13th: Girls Best Friend

Edited by rbmcdonald

Hey Huddlers! I'm the Mrs. Spain... I know most of you really want to know what kind of strange woman would put up with a maniac like Mr Spain, but he's really a softee... and he has a cute butt! Ok, so on to the business at hand... first of all, my disclaimer:

Pics?

Hey Huddlers! I'm the Mrs. Spain... I know most of you really want to know what kind of strange woman would put up with a maniac like Mr Spain, but he's really a softee... and he has a cute butt!

:tup: This can't be real... can it? I mean I know technology has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few decades, and we've surely witnessed wonders in the area of Genetics, but I for one refuse to believe that sheep can type. :D

:doh::D

My choice, Curlin, only has a chance if Hard Spun gets pressed early and fades...and must hold off Street Sense in the lane. Not a cinch, but I like that he'll be closer to the pace than Circular Quay.

:D Wow! Gil called this race exactly the way it happened. Hard Spun was with the leaders but faded after burning out late. Curlin held off Street sense by a nose in a great race. Photo finish was unbelievably close and could have gone either way. Very Very nice call Gil and hope you bet some serious $$ on it.! :tup:

BTW, I have no idea where Circular Quay finished... :D

well I got ahold of T bone65 to lay some $ down for me....... :D .......had no phone serice for 4 hrs..... but when i got through T bone.......well ......had been drinking and sounded violent........ very upset........I think you're in big trouble ........Big Hawaii....disclaimer or not....... :D

:tup:

I'm hoping to see 9-2 on Curlin and I think I'll load up.

So, I'm in the air whether I think Curlin or Street Sense will win, but I'm going to nail that exacta pretty hard.

Well, Gil might talk with a funny accent and where some pretty dam ghey Hawaii shirts, but the dude knows his ponies. He called the Preakness in every post. And he tried to talk everyone off Circular Quay. TBone cant be too mad when Gil gave us all the Exacta! And argueably gave us the Trifecta!

So, it seems from rbmcdonald's recap of today's races, Mrs. Spain is about as good at picking the ponies as she is with picking husbands.

Poor girl, thinks she is getting a thoroughbred horse, but instead just gets the horse's ass.

So, it seems from rbmcdonald's recap of today's races, Mrs. Spain is about as good at picking the ponies as she is with picking husbands.

Poor girl, thinks she is getting a thoroughbred horse, but instead just gets the horse's ass.

True. But when one is hung like a horse, nothing else matters! :D

Edited by spain

I think Circular Quay needs to be in races that are at 7 furlongs or maybe a mile. He can be a very good closer in those types of races.

I just don't think the classic distance does much to help him.

Curlin's days are numbered. He probably goes on the shelf, and they race him two more times before he's retired.

They might try three races, if they want to prep him for the Travers in August, and then bring him in for the Breeders Cup Classic. But he'll be to stud very soon.