[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Preakness

spain

I guess what I am suggesting is that since there are A LOT of wealthy people in this business, particularly in the breeding side of it, they should have a PAC lobbying Congress to legalize horse racing nationally on the internet. Heck, the feds could tax the heck out of the profits. The sport enlarges its potential fan base exponentially, the feds get more tax money for nothing, the casual Joe Bettor gets to have a little fun. Its a win-win-win. Nobody loses. I am quite sure that they are probably already doing this since it just makes sense. Now, with all the thumpers out there, I dont know if we will ever see it. But these heavy hitters need to be stepping up the pressure on Congress to get this done. Just my 2 cents...

Good info in the last couple posts.

The problem is that the church groups and whoever else are all worried about the shmuck that goes to the OTB with his paycheck on friday and loses the whole thing leaving his wife and kids at home with nothing to eat. How's that for a run-on sentence? :D

My local OTW is closing soon after the Belmont b/c they have'nt turned a profit since 2003. I guess my losses there every weekend were'nt enough. :D

I know the manager there pretty well and he claims that the ban on online poker will be followed sooner, rather than later, with a ban on online horse wagering. We'll see...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the lineup for tomorrow's Peter Pan. Most often, the winner goes to the Belmont.

1 Sir Whimsey (VA) Eibar Coa Michael Miceli 15/1

2 Hal's My Hope (FL) Cornelio H. Velasquez Barry R. Rose 5/1

3 Prom Shoes (KY) John R. Velazquez William H. Fires 12/1

4 Sightseeing (KY) Edgar S. Prado Claude R. McGaughey III 7/2

5 Vitruvius (KY) Kent J. Desormeaux James A. Jerkens 2/1

6 Fearless Vision (KY) Garrett K. Gomez Patrick L. Reynolds 9/2

7 Soaring By (KY) Michael J. Luzzi Todd A. Pletcher 4/1

And here's a link to the BRIS report on it.

http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/toddpletcher_74986.pdf

looks like Sightseeing won but Prom Shoes ran a big one also.

Well, Tbone needs to read between the lines of the contract he signed with me. No anger is accepted and I never tell people how to bet their money.

Personally, I made a nice profit today.

I made a very nice profit on the Preakness itself thanks to Gil. I screwed up 1 bet Gil gave me and it cost me $60 instead of $20 but that was my own :D fault :tup:

Thanks again Gil :D

I made a very nice profit on the Preakness itself thanks to Gil. I screwed up 1 bet Gil gave me and it cost me $60 instead of $20 but that was my own :D fault :tup:

Thanks again Gil :D

Tbone, I'm glad you had a good day, my friend. Here's hoping you had WP on Curlin, and the exacta.

Tbone, I'm glad you had a good day, my friend. Here's hoping you had WP on Curlin, and the exacta.

I had Both em Gil and they both paid off. I played both exacta you gave me and knew I was hitting 1 of the 2 of them. I wish it had gone the other way for Nukes same though, as I doubled up on the 8/4+6. It ended up paying better having the 4 win though.

Thanks again Gil