[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

91 year-old WWII vet severly beaten in car-jacking as onlookers do nothing

wiegie

Hmm, I have two choices

1. I support the beating of a 91 year = Democrat

2. I support tying up these thugs, who prey off the weak and beat up 91 year old men, to the back of a pick up and drag them around the countryside until they are dead. = Republican

This really should be a H8 poll.

I choose option 2.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the first thing that I thought was: How is that old dude still standing under that barrage of punches unless homey has absolutely no power in that right hand at all?

He was wedged between his car door and the car next to him. Poor old guy couldn't fall.

He was wedged between his car door and the car next to him. Poor old guy couldn't fall.

Yeah, that's what I thought to, and the carjacker, with his small brain, probably didn't realize it and just kept on punching him. Total f*cking dumbass. Can't even do a car jacking right.

Of course, the irony is, the right's real solution to dealing with inner cities has nothing to with the tough-justice story you all claim to be in favor of, it's to leave the cities entirely, build suburbs, and hope the problem just goes away. Can't really say how that is any better than some misguided notions of hand-outs.

Also, for every sleazy pandering tactic the democrats use to the inner city, the GOP's got one for the religious right or rednecks scared of the boogie man.

Actually, the first thing that I thought was: How is that old dude still standing under that barrage of punches unless homey has absolutely no power in that right hand at all? What a punk that kid must be if he cant even knock down a 91 year old man after punching him right in the grill 21 times? I kept thinking he must play for the Lions.... :D

He is a tough old bird and all but dam, let me punch him 21 times with no defense and he will be dead.

:D ...yeah he must be only working his trigger finger and not his right overhand...

Go find a red/blue map. Maryland has been 100% democrat since John Smith sailed up the bay. The ONLY reason MD had a republican gov the previous term was that everyone hated the fact that Glendening dumped his wife for his young assistant and didn't even try to hide it. No one really minded that he ran up a HUGE deficit.

Ehrlich erased the deficit and was voted out based on the dems hate of Bush.

Of course, the irony is, the right's real solution to dealing with inner cities has nothing to with the tough-justice story you all claim to be in favor of, it's to leave the cities entirely, build suburbs, and hope the problem just goes away. Can't really say how that is any better than some misguided notions of hand-outs.

Also, for every sleazy pandering tactic the democrats use to the inner city, the GOP's got one for the religious right or rednecks scared of the boogie man.

So if a person has the means and the desire to move away from a crime-ridden inner-city, they should not be allowed to because that's a bad solution for dealing with thugs? I would make that choice for me and my family 100% of the time without even the slightest pang of guilt.

My parents (like most) shipped us out of the city to the burbs as quickly as possible in 1971 when they integrated the schools with busing and I would've gone to a mostly black school. That area has since rotted into a cesspool of crime and decay. Thank goodness they did. We wouldn't have been heroes trying to save the area but quickly robbed and killed.

Detlef: I refuse to believe you are as stupid as you appear here. The right would love to end the problems of the inner city, but we refuse to cater to race baiters and the whole victimization mentality that is so prevalent there and is endorsed by the Dems. And if you dont do so, you cant get elected in the big city. Any Republican mayor or councilman in Detroit? What party runs the politics of that city? I bet its Democrats, just like Memphis and DC. The Dems actually foster and promote the sort of life that leads to guys beating up old men and stealing their cars. They appeal to the Al Sharpton led racist who want to blame whitey for everything, but then refuse to hold anyone responsible for their actions. You dont study and flunk out of school? You are the victim. Cant get a job because you have no education and no skills? You are the victim and society owes you. You are a failure? You are the victim and whitey is keeping you down. That is the attitude that the Dems continue to foster among these people as they continue to hand them more welfare benefits. Anything for a vote, right Mr Clinton?

The right does cater to the religous freaks sometimes. But tell me how that leads to the destruction of whole cities like the Dems policies. The rednecks scared of the boogie man comment is nonsensical.

The old guy's response shows why this group is regarded as the greatest generation:

No call for punishment or vengeance. Just a call for a dumb kid to clean up his act.

I bet as tough as that ole fella is taking that many punches at 91... if he was 60 years younger he would of dealt out the violence to that punk himself.

Hmm, I have two choices

1. I support the beating of a 91 year = Democrat

2. I support dragging blacks behind pickup trucks and tying gays up to fence posts in the middle of Wyoming = Republican

This really should be a H8 poll.

looks like a "you" poll to me.

That's sickening.

On another thought, does the "Chilis" ad come up right afterwards for everyone else or is it random? I can't imagine wanting my restaurants ad to pop up right after that story. "Old man beaten, cities full of thugs, Veronica on-lookers don't help, eat at Chilis"

:D

Crap. As previous posters have said, that thug is just a thug, not a Democrat, Republican or anything else. If you're a Republican, do you sit on the same side of the fence as the guys who dragged that old man to death in Texas?

Hey dude...if you have no problem being on the same side of a political party as 90%(at least) of the people in our jails..that is up to you.

I'm kind of disappointed by it.

The carjacker punched the old dude 21 times before taking his car. He should have needed four or five blows, tops.

That's no way to represent. spain is right - this city is slipping.

:tup:

That is the attitude that the Dems continue to foster among these people as they continue to hand them more welfare benefits. Anything for a vote, right Mr Clinton?

Isn't one of Clinton's successes the reformation of welfare by forcing freeloaders to work or actively seek work (at least most of them)? There's a sliding scale of diminishing welfare for those that don't, at least there is here in MN, a Dem state (mostly).

Detlef: I refuse to believe you are as stupid as you appear here. The right would love to end the problems of the inner city, but we refuse to cater to race baiters and the whole victimization mentality that is so prevalent there and is endorsed by the Dems. And if you dont do so, you cant get elected in the big city. Any Republican mayor or councilman in Detroit? What party runs the politics of that city? I bet its Democrats, just like Memphis and DC. The Dems actually foster and promote the sort of life that leads to guys beating up old men and stealing their cars. They appeal to the Al Sharpton led racist who want to blame whitey for everything, but then refuse to hold anyone responsible for their actions. You dont study and flunk out of school? You are the victim. Cant get a job because you have no education and no skills? You are the victim and society owes you. You are a failure? You are the victim and whitey is keeping you down. That is the attitude that the Dems continue to foster among these people as they continue to hand them more welfare benefits. Anything for a vote, right Mr Clinton?

The right does cater to the religous freaks sometimes. But tell me how that leads to the destruction of whole cities like the Dems policies. The rednecks scared of the boogie man comment is nonsensical.

1) Actually, Rudi G did take a republican stance and did amazing things for NYC, so I'm not saying it can't be done. However, the movement to make cities viable again (as is going on here in Durham) is primarily being done with left-leaning money.

2) Move wherever the hell you want, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not the one casting the first stone here in the blame game. Just saying that both misguided hand outs and blaming whitey for all your sins as well as the de-urbanization of America are both having negative impacts. That's really it. Notice that I'm not intending to deflect all the blame, just remind you that "the enemy" can be conveniently defined here. I understand, of course, why many of you would feel that way because that is the cornerstone of the current admin's talking point. Find a convenient target and blame everything on them. Funny, isn't it Spain that is precisely the thing you harp on the most when you bring up the latest idiotic bit from the fringe whack-job you love to refer to as the main voice of the democrats. This leads to my last point...

3) Scaring rednecks about the boogie man is about the last thing the GOP has left. "Tax and spend democrats" doesn't work since the current administration spends like it's going out of style, so they've built their entire platform on fear. Fear of homos, fear of terrorists...

Isn't one of Clinton's successes the reformation of welfare by forcing freeloaders to work or actively seek work (at least most of them)? There's a sliding scale of diminishing welfare for those that don't, at least there is here in MN, a Dem state (mostly).

Uh, no.

1) Actually, Rudi G did take a republican stance and did amazing things for NYC, so I'm not saying it can't be done. However, the movement to make cities viable again (as is going on here in Durham) is primarily being done with left-leaning money.

2) Move wherever the hell you want, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not the one casting the first stone here in the blame game. Just saying that both misguided hand outs and blaming whitey for all your sins as well as the de-urbanization of America are both having negative impacts. That's really it. Notice that I'm not intending to deflect all the blame, just remind you that "the enemy" can be conveniently defined here. I understand, of course, why many of you would feel that way because that is the cornerstone of the current admin's talking point. Find a convenient target and blame everything on them. Funny, isn't it Spain that is precisely the thing you harp on the most when you bring up the latest idiotic bit from the fringe whack-job you love to refer to as the main voice of the democrats. This leads to my last point...

3) Scaring rednecks about the boogie man is about the last thing the GOP has left. "Tax and spend democrats" doesn't work since the current administration spends like it's going out of style, so they've built their entire platform on fear. Fear of homos, fear of terrorists...

You use alot of words but to say absolutely nothing.

1. Rudi did a good job.

2. Should I raise my family among inner city people who have bought into the "I am a victim" mentality that the Dems have sold them? I dont think I want to. How about you? I blame the Dems because they are to blame. again, avoiding responsibility is their fortay so why would you want to acknowlegde it here? Since Dems run the inner city, who else do you want me to hold responsible?

3. You have bought into the Moveon.org mindset hook, line, and sinker.

Blame lefty? :D Where is the viable plan from the right to clean up the cities? Oh yeah, easier to blame Clinton.

We have no plan as we have left the Dems behind to live in and deal with the inner city that they created. Enjoy!

Spain blaming "the limp wristed leftists" for everything wrong in society

is to

Hitler and the Nazis blaming the Jews for all their societal problems.

Discuss.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I'm not the one casting the first stone here in the blame game. Just saying that both misguided hand outs and blaming whitey for all your sins as well as the de-urbanization of America are both having negative impacts. That's really it. Notice that I'm not intending to deflect all the blame, just remind you that "the enemy" can be conveniently defined here.

You use alot of words but to say absolutely nothing.

again, avoiding responsibility is their fortay so why would you want to acknowlegde it here?

You know, it's actually sort of funny when you change someone's words when you quote them. It's just sort of irritating when you accuse them of saying something they didn't.

There are people on your side that aren't stupid. You just don't seem to be one of them.

We have no plan as we have left the Dems behind to live in and deal with the inner city that they created. Enjoy!

You should be thankful for the states with large cities Spain, as they provide the tax dollars for the rural red states to leech off of.

Baltimore City kept reporting low drop out rates, insisting the high number offered up where just attacks on the city. Come to find out Baltimore City only considered you a drop out if you quit in 12th grade. If you quit before 12th, you somehow did not list as a dropout. This is also the same school system that needed a state bailout about a decade ago and a city bailout last year to avoid bankruptcy.

Baltimore was once a great city. Now it's just a joke.

Then Mayor O'Malley (now Gov of MD) had a slogan he put on a bunch of bumper stickers, 'Believe'. Most people opted the other version, 'Make Believe'.

Baltimore City kept reporting low drop out rates, insisting the high number offered up where just attacks on the city. Obviously racist to question!

Baltimore was once a great city. Now it's just a joke.

Let me guess, Democrats have been running the city for a long long time...

Then Mayor O'Malley (now Gov of MD) had a slogan he put on a bunch of bumper stickers, 'Believe'. Most people opted the other version, 'Make Believe'.

You have to play Make Believe to think any of these Dem social policies will actually work!

Welcome to the world of the Democrats!

Spain, you bitch and moan about the victim mentality of liberals, and yet your bitching and moaning makes you come across as a victim yourself. Just sit back and enjoy your well pressed pink dress shirts and your overpriced MDX and don't worry so much about those who aren't as fortunate as yourself.