[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

91 year-old WWII vet severly beaten in car-jacking as onlookers do nothing

wiegie

Sad, but true. These types of people only get off their ass to bitch and complain for a common cause, usually with their hand out. The Dems in Maryland cater to this crowd, knowing that keeping them just happy enough ensures more Dem votes when it's time.

These are people who will tell you they know everything and that it's someone else's fault, usually the highest republican or someone in gov't, that is keeping them down. When it comes to it, they are just lazy people who are happy enough if they have a free/cheap place to live and cigs/alcohol enough to keep them happy.

Wow somebody else gets it.

In fact and more broadly, this is what our society's general trend the last few decades towards this screwball PC, hypersensitive, limp-wristed, non-accountability, stripping authority figures of authority (etc etc) mentality has wrought. Obviously not always things this extreme, but anyone mildly surprised by any the extreme and growing out-of-control behavior in our society in general (just talk to any teacher) is living in a pathetic dream world of denial IMO.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact and more broadly, this is what our society's general trend the last few decades towards this screwball PC, hypersensitive, limp-wristed, non-accountability, stripping authority figures of authority (etc etc) mentality has wrought. Obviously not always things this extreme, but anyone mildly surprised by any the extreme and growing out-of-control behavior in our society in general (just talk to any teacher) is living in a pathetic dream world of denial IMO.

What are "Democrats", Alex?

Sounds like the Bush administration to me Alex.

What are "Democrats", Alex?

Sorry but tempting as it might be, I'll pass on the "red vs blue" bit. Both sides act like they're always right, their candidate is always best (etc and ad nauseum). It's totally idiotic and and tired, regardless of what "side" any given extremist is on. Nothing personal and pardon any offense, just IMO (you guys have fun w/it though, looks like that's the digression we're already heading towards - big surprise).

If Dems are largely responsible for our society's problems, it's not because being Democrat/liberal is inherently wrong. Hell if this was 100 yrs ago I'd be a flaming liberal, as liberal ideas were largely what were needed....child labor laws, unions, etc....but now it's IMO just the opposite, and generally - repeat, generally - the liberal mentality has gone WAY too far and is doing far more damage than good.

I think it may be because in typical "human beings are morons" style, we first realized were not "liberal enough" in some ways socially, but as time went on, and esp as the whole 60s thing came about, we took a good thing and went way too far with it. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people are far too stupid to grasp a basic concept like a happy medium and think you have to swing to one extreme or the other, and the silly putty mess of liberal touchy-feely BS is what we're left with, as people stand around scratching their heads. duh.

Edited by BeeR

Sorry but tempting as it might be, I'll pass on the "red vs blue" bit. Both sides act like they're always right, their candidate is always best (etc and ad nauseum). It's totally idiotic and and tired, regardless of what "side" any given extremist is on. Nothing personal and pardon any offense, just IMO (you guys have fun w/it though, looks like that's the digression we're already heading towards - big surprise).

You don't like playing Spain's little blame game? :D

Which party wants to allow felons to vote?

Since it's you that asked the question, my bet would be Democrats but I'll tell you right now I totally disagree with that stance.

Are there any Republican stances YOU disagree with?

Welcome to the world of the Democrats!

Since 1866, there have only been 6 Republican Governors of Maryland, with the rest being Democrats.

Since 1967, the Mayor of Baltimore has been a Democrat. I am 36 years old and have never seen a Republican in charge of Baltimore. It gets worse each year.

Now, I'm not saying this is a Democrat only problem. I believe leaving ANY party in charge for that long is bad, however, the Dems are in charge now, and the current problems have not been fixed in the LONG amount of time they've had.