[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where's the 07' Sleeper thread?

Asskickas

QB

Delhomme (weak schedule should help him and Steve a bunch)

Philip Rivers should break out and smash his ADP

Alex Smith

RB

Brandon Jackson Packers

Lamont Jordan being backed up by Dominic Rhodes in Oakland

WR

Brandon Jones Titans

Vincent Jackson - Chargers

Jerry Porter- Oakland

TE

Eric Johnson

Who do you guys think will have stats worthy of the 1st 4 rounds of a standard 12 team redraft but get drafted after round 6 or more? Who'll be the Colstons and Marion Barbers in 2007?

QB: Joey Harrington - ATL :D

if I was Michael vick and i ended up losing my job to Harrington because i got suspended for the first 4 games of the season...i think i feed myself to my dogs so they wouldnt be emaciated anymore

I'll still chance a 10th or 11th round pick on him. Brees loves big targets and that's a powerful offense. High risk/high reward pick.

well i do have him on my dynasty team :D so im not trying to say i dont think he will do well...the talent is definately there, not to mention he is in a much better situation now i think

QB: Joey Harrington - ATL :D

First, Hairball would have to live up to a 6th or 7th rd value to even be considered a possible sleeper. I wouldn't even take the sissy in the 12th rd.

Ok - I'll Do it...

QB

Delhomme (weak schedule should help him and Steve a bunch)

Philip Rivers should break out and smash his ADP

Alex Smith

RB

Brandon Jackson Packers

Lamont Jordan being backed up by Dominic Rhodes in Oakland

WR

Brandon Jones Titans

Vincent Jackson - Chargers

Jerry Porter- Oakland

Nate Burleson - Seattle

TE

Eric Johnson

Who do you guys think will have stats worthy of the 1st 4 rounds of a standard 12 team redraft but get drafted after round 6 or more? Who'll be the Colstons and Marion Barbers in 2007?

Eric Johnson = top 5 this year

Saints TEs were nothing spectacular last year, they combined for 394 yds & 1 TD on 44 catches. However they were used well at certain times to move the chains and I think Payton wants to try to get the position doing more than just block this year. If Johnson can stay healthy I think he will definitely get more looks than the position got last year & should be able to do more with them. But I'm not sure I would go so far to say that he will be a sleeper unless you consider about 600-800 yds & 3-5 TDs a sleeper. Think Ben Watson or Chris Cooley rather than Todd Heap.

Edited by rajncajn

Saints TEs were nothing spectacular last year, they combined for 394 yds & 1 TD on 44 catches. However they were used well at certain times to move the chains and I think Payton wants to try to get the position doing more than just block this year. If Johnson can stay healthy I think he will definitely get more looks than the position got last year & should be able to do more with them. But I'm not sure I would go so far to say that he will be a sleeper unless you consider about 600-800 yds & 3-5 TDs a sleeper. Think Ben Watson or Chris Cooley rather than Todd Heap.

well that would about equal his second(?) year in the league when he played all 16 games

Cooley had 30 yards less and the same amount of TD's as Heap...

Maybe you meant to say think Watson, Cooley, or Heap instead of Winslow or Gates.

Cooley probably is a bad example. Watson is more accurate if you don't factor in his injury last year. :D

• 1 month later...

I have never understood the optimism that people have about Eric Johnson. Basically, he has been in the NFL for SIX years and far as I am concerned only had two good games of the 57 that he's managed to play. In 2004, weeks 4 and 5 he had 10-113 and 13-162. He averaged just 39 yards in the other 14 games he played that year when the 49ers had NO wide receivers. The best that they had was Cedrick Wilson with 641 yards that year. Remember? Lloyd, Wilson, Conway, Rashaan Woods and Battle - it was pretty pathetic and I believe the worst production of any wideout group that year with only a total of 13 scores. And yet despite a year where the 49ers had to throw every game, Johnson only had two monster games and then just mediocre numbers.

In six years, Johnson has scored a whooping seven times total. He missed two entire years with injury. Even in the absence of the injured Vernon Davis last year, Johnson only had 292 yards on 34 catches. The only time he'e ever had more than nine yards per catch was 2004 when he had those two big games and still it only ended up 10.1.

Here's every game he has played in the last four years:

2003 (injured)

8-86 1 TD

5-60

5-39

10-113

13-162 1 TD

4-24

1-9

5-54

6-71

1-9

7-57

2-15

2-8

8-73

2-17

3-28

2005 (injured)

1-2

7-87 1 TD

3-14

3-23

3-29

3-40

3-15

2-7

4-48

3-17 1 TD

2-10

Other than two games three years ago in a unique situation, I do not understand why anyone would want to touch Johnson for a fantasy TE. Granted he is playing on a team that likes to throw, just not to TEs much. I just don't see what some other people do. And I have zero faith that he will remain healthy.