[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What book are you currently reading?

Chargerz

For the last week I've been reading the new novel written by Jeff Shaara about the WWII Allied campaigns in North Africa and Sicily. It's entitled The Rising Tide. Like all his novels the events and characters are real, the history is accurate, but the conversations and thoughts of the main characters are surmised. I love Shaara's books and have read them all.

What book are you reading??

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Taleb

...if you haven't read Taleb's first book, get it...Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and the Markets...it's a great book and should probably be read first to give you a context for some of his thinking; The Black Swan is more dense than FbR. Make sure you get the second edition of FbR...

Edited by muck

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - About Vlad the Impalier....Dracula, really good so far!

Flew through Darkest Fear by Harlan Coban the week before.

Just finished Angels and Demons, the prequel to DaVinci Code. Dan Brown. Pure brain candy for me... an escape.

The Jeff Shaara novels sound interesting, can you recommend a good one to me, Doc?

:D Angels and Demons is my all time favorite. A real page turner. I liked far better than the DaVinci Code.

:D Angels and Demons is my all time favorite. A real page turner. I liked far better than the DaVinci Code.

That's because it is better. The whole DaVinci Code thing still makes me go :D.

A Clash of Kings - by George R R Martin

Almost done, so the next in the series is on tap:

A Storm of Swords

This author is pure genius in his mastery of language, imagery, and intrigue.

+1000 The best fantasy series I have ever read and I have read alot. I can not wait for A Dance of Dragons.

I just finished "Sacred Cows Make the Best Hamburger" by Robert Kriegel and David Brandt. It's a book about business practices and how to scrap those that are holding you back.

I just picked up "The Gunslinger" by Stephen King. I've never finished the whole Dark Tower series so I thought this might be a good time to start.