[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What book are you currently reading?

Chargerz

I just read a couple of books, Peace Like a River and Cussler's Sahara (I never saw the movie).

Peace Like a River is a light, but enjoyable read. I forget the author's name, but it was his first work.

I expected more of Cussler the way skins raved about him. He's nowhere near as good as Clancy in the genre. :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a couple that I'm working on. First, The Traveler's Gift. Sort of cheesy, but as far as self-help meets fiction goes, it's pretty good. And since I'm almost done with that and we just got a new puppy, I'm also reading Cesar's Way, by the "Dog Whisperer" himself, Cesar Millan. My wife read it in like 3 days... :D

Got a couple that I'm working on. First, The Traveler's Gift. Sort of cheesy, but as far as self-help meets fiction goes, it's pretty good.

I read The Island of Saints by him - decent read, but the big suspense was "the one principle that frees the human spirit" - and when it was explained, I was like :D - "all that for the most obvious thing ever?"

A Confederacy of Dunces

:D

Reading the Jungle by Upton Sinclair...not an entirely uplifting book.

Listening to American Gods by Neil Gaiman during my daily commute. The local library has audio books available for downloading, pretty sweet deal.

Listening to American Gods by Neil Gaiman during my daily commute. The local library has audio books available for downloading, pretty sweet deal.

If you dig American Gods (and you should, it's pretty good), check out Harlan Ellison's Deathbird Stories - a short-story collection that covers similar territory and is better. "The Whimper of Whipped Dogs" is one of the great American short stories, IMO.

Getting ready to start "Blood of the Fold", and so far the first two books have been OK and entertaining reads. SPOILER BELOW

Now it's time to see what the "War Wizard" can do.....also, I was very sad but understood at the way he had to convince Gratch to leave for his own saftey and was happy with the reunion at the end-let's see, his allies are a Red Dragon and apparently her son and a short tailed gar a total tribe of expert swordsman, the Mud People, all the spirits of great warriors within the Sword of Truth he can call upon, Chase and his men, his soon to be wife is the Mother Confessor and his Grandfather is the greatest wizard in history.....the Seeker has become a bad azz.

Okay, now I've moved on to something lighter, Clive Cussler's Treasure of Khan. I'm only 50 pages into it, but I can tell I'm going to enjoy it just as much as all the rest of his books. :D

Tales of HP Lovecraft

HPL, fantastic. :D

Finished The Swarm - that book is like Vietnam, never-ending. But it cooks along pretty briskly up until the very, very end, when Schatzer gets a bit wanky. Still, if you've got the time/energy for a solid 870 pager, go for it.

Starting The Rider by Tim Krabbe, which should be a refreshing yin to The Swarm's yang - 150-ish pages, covering about 4 hours of a bicycle race.

if you read this entire thread....does that qualify as a "book"? :D:D

I'd figure there aren't enough pictures in this thread for YOU to qualify it as a "book."

if you read this entire thread....does that qualify as a "book"? :D:D

I'd figure there aren't enough pictures in this thread for YOU to qualify it as a "book."

:tup:

The Jester by James Patterson

I'm not a huge Patterson fan, but this was a great book.

Just finished two Harlan Coben books - The Woods and something else, can't remember the title. He writes pretty decent mystery novels, and he has a series where the main character, Myron Bolitar is a sports agents - check him out if you like mysteries.