[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Player Ratings for 2007-08

I play in a salary cap league on-line and they have just released their player ratings and player values. Thought some of you might be interested. The weekly lineup cannot exceed $100.

QB

Manning 19.0

Brees 18.3

Brady 17.9

Palmer 17.6

Bulger 17.3

Rivers 17.1

McNabb 16.9

Hasselbeck 16.5

E. Manning 16.3

Young 16.2

RB

LT 15.7

LJ 15.2

Jackson 15.0

SA 14.7

Gore 14.4

Rudi J 14.2

Westbrook 14.0

Maroney 13.7

Parker 13.5

Addai 13.3

WR

Smith 12.8

Fitzgerald 12.4

CJ 12.1

Holt 11.8

Wayne 10.6

Williams Roy 10.4

Boldin 10.0

Walker 9.2

Evans 9.0

Andre Johnson 8.7

They also have TE, K, and Def. ratings. I just thought there were some interesting choices there.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Marvin Harrison not a top 10 reciever? Sorry id have a very hard time taking Andre Johnson before Harrison...

I still don't understand why so many people think that Marvin is washed up. Did they not notice that he caught 95 balls last season and had the second highest yds/rec average of his career (14.4)?

I still don't understand why so many people think that Marvin is washed up. Did they not notice that he caught 95 balls last season and had the second highest yds/rec average of his career (14.4)?

Truth, I'd take him on every team I have.

Until he in no longer open 10 yardds in every direction with a double team, Harrison is Da Man.

I think he wears a cloaking device sometimes. How is he not covered every play? How does Marvin Harrison get forgotten by D's and get so f'ing wide open?

AJ without Moulds is back to 2005 stats. Not top 10.

I think people are just afraid because Marvin does have to face those very tough secondaries of the Titans and Texans twice each year!! :D

Until he in no longer open 10 yardds in every direction with a double team, Harrison is Da Man.

I think he wears a cloaking device sometimes. How is he not covered every play? How does Marvin Harrison get forgotten by D's and get so f'ing wide open?

He is double-covered most of the time, but his route-running and chemistry with Peyton are off-the-charts. Even when he inevitably slows sometime in the next couple of years, he's still be open enough to catch 70+ balls/season.

AJ without Moulds is back to 2005 stats. Not top 10.

Not that Moulds was much of a factor after the fist few weeks, but he did command at least a little respect from opposing secondaries. AJ is going to be freaking triple-covered this season.

He is double-covered most of the time, but his route-running and chemistry with Peyton are off-the-charts. Even when he inevitably slows sometime in the next couple of years, he's still be open enough to catch 70+ balls/season.

Not that Moulds was much of a factor after the fist few weeks, but he did command at least a little respect from opposing secondaries. AJ is going to be freaking triple-covered this season.

Moulds kept people off of AJ for sure. That poor guy's buried in Houston. He probably is the most talented WR at the moment, just on a crappy team.

Even when he inevitably slows sometime...

I'll believe it when I see it.

I think that it's already happened. He's not burning corners the way that he did four or five years ago. But the drop-off hasn't been significant, as he's still pretty freaking fast.

This is truth. Still, slowing down and becoming less productive are different things. I feel like Marvin (exp. with Peyton) will find ways to get his catches with or without speed for a considerable amount of time into the future... relative to a typical football career anyways.

This is truth. Still, slowing down and becoming less productive are different things. I feel like Marvin (exp. with Peyton) will find ways to get his catches with or without speed for a considerable amount of time into the future... relative to a typical football career anyways.

Agreed.

no he would just sue him for running un fair routes :D

:D

Moulds kept people off of AJ for sure. That poor guy's buried in Houston. He probably is the most talented WR at the moment, just on a crappy team.

I agree. if you put Johnson in any decent offense he would be known as the best WR in football IMO.

I think that it's already happened. He's not burning corners the way that he did four or five years ago. But the drop-off hasn't been significant, as he's still pretty freaking fast.

Yep. and he still is the guy gettin double teamed. he makes Wayne look as good as he does. not that Wayne is not a fine WR..but if Harrison is gone and he (Wayne)has to catch the doubles I could see him being very frustrating to fantasy owners.

Jerry Rice was in his mid30's coming off double knee surgeries the previous year and still taking it to he house for 75 yards TDs.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index....a3?OpenDocument

These guys compensate for a missed step by not screwing up theo routes: as they get older they get more efficient.

RB

LT 15.7

LJ 15.2

Jackson 15.0

SA 14.7

Gore 14.4

Rudi J 14.2

Westbrook 14.0

Maroney 13.7

Parker 13.5

Addai 13.3

How can Rudi Johnson be ahead of Willie Parker? I'd take Westbrook, Addai and Maroney over him.

I don't know, I think Rudi has taken a huge pounding over the past few seasons, and it will show big time this season. They didnt draft Kenny Irons to sit.

and he still is the guy gettin double teamed. he makes Wayne look as good as he does. not that Wayne is not a fine WR..but if Harrison is gone and he (Wayne)has to catch the doubles I could see him being very frustrating to fantasy owners.

I think we'll see Wayne getting some double coverages this season.

I also think it will help Marvin.