[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers Needed Desparately

jaxfactor

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should show this thread to my wife. She's been trying to quit smoking. She tried while we were on our honeymoon (Maui is so beautiful and clean... and the second resort we stayed at had a no-smoking policy) but that only lasted a day and a half. :D

Glad to hear the prognosis was emphysema. Hope she does well in her treatment. :D

:doh::D

Add the dancing banana to the celebration. (But Mrs HR with her mysterious powers is sensing...sensing...a baby?!)

:D

Just saw this, I was out of town. Belated prayers coming. Congrats on the better diagnosis! :tup:

I know you would have been one of the first to post RnR. Belated prayers are better than none at all. She still needs them, especially since she just informed me she has no intention of quitting. :D She saw what i went through 2 years ago when I quit. I told her that I thought my method went pretty smoothly and she gave me that bs look. She said that I was constantly bitching at everything. Wow! I didn't realize I was that bad. I'm having stupid thoughts of starting back up again just so we can quit together. :D This after just reading Thews thread on his quitting. I need to talk to her Dr. and get him to give her the rundown on emphysema. I really don't want to start smoking again but if it means saving her arss, I may do it. I now know that I can quit so to me it won't be a problem. Is this insanity or what???

:tup:

I know you would have been one of the first to post RnR. Belated prayers are better than none at all. She still needs them, especially since she just informed me she has no intention of quitting. :D She saw what i went through 2 years ago when I quit. I told her that I thought my method went pretty smoothly and she gave me that bs look. She said that I was constantly bitching at everything. Wow! I didn't realize I was that bad. I'm having stupid thoughts of starting back up again just so we can quit together. :D This after just reading Thews thread on his quitting. I need to talk to her Dr. and get him to give her the rundown on emphysema. I really don't want to start smoking again but if it means saving her arss, I may do it. I now know that I can quit so to me it won't be a problem. Is this insanity or what???

Jax,

Insanity......NO! I feel for you my friend! I wish I could give you advice, but I can't. But you re-starting is NOT a solution.

Hang in there bro! My prayers are still coming.

I hope a solution is swift!

rr26

:tup:

No way should you start smoking again. Have your aunt describe what it was like for your uncle to die that way and also what it was like to her to have to watch your uncle die like that.

I think you should also ask yourself if you are willing to watch someone you love die like that.

No way should you start smoking again. Have your aunt describe what it was like for your uncle to die that way and also what it was like to her to have to watch your uncle die like that.

I think you should also ask yourself if you are willing to watch someone you love die like that.

Spoken just like a teacher. :D I'm sure she's just running her mouth because the prospect of taking her beloved butts away does not please her one iota. Gotta call my aunt tomorrow.

Spoken just like a teacher. :D I'm sure she's just running her mouth because the prospect of taking her beloved butts away does not please her one iota. Gotta call my aunt tomorrow.

Just want you to know that your post was my inspiration to quit sooner rather than later. That’s one bad monkey to some people, and it’s considered harder to kick than heroin. Sounds morbid, but find a pamphlet at the doctor’s office showing a picture of a cancerous lung. Don’t make a big deal out of it, but just leave it somewhere where she’ll find it. This has to be her choice and I know it’s got to be rough on you. Ask her to quit for you… because you don’t want to live without her. You also don't want to start again... very bad idea.