[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt - not a top 10 WR this year

Tauntaun

Wow..... I'll let you know that Tauntaun is not an alias, and is actually a friend of mine who is also in one both my leagues. He is an absolute fantasy football junkie, to the same level that most of us are, and he has been the most dominant team in our longest running home league. Because of that, he gets extremely annoying and cocky, like the "I'm right more than I'm wrong" post.

All that said, I think some are being a little rough on him here. He came out and made a statement that he admitted was bold. It would be quite boring to post things that everyone agrees with, such as "LT will be a top 5 back this year" I know he is just getting the typical newbie hazing, which he definitely deserved with his cocky comments, but, I can vouch that he is a good guy that definitely knows his football.

I think he will be proven completely wrong in this case, and he is letting a trade he made sway his opinion, but, it is just that, an opinion. We shall see how it all turns out. I'll guarantee you this, if he is right, he will definitely be here to boast, and if he is wrong, I'll be the first one to bring this up and rip him.

I'm my vouching for him doesn't mean a lot to many of you, but, I just wanted to clarify that this isn't an alias.

I like the ripping so please continue. Getting ripped on by fantasy football nuts can not compare to the ridicule I took in high school for being hung like a horse. :D

I hope I am right on this one but if I am wrong, the ripping will be equally as fun.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the ripping so please continue. Getting ripped on by fantasy football nuts can not compare to the ridicule I took in high school for being hung like a horse. :D

I hope I am right on this one but if I am wrong, the ripping will be equally as fun.

Sea horses are well-hung? :D

You are ok in my book dude. Mainly because I turned down a Holt trade a few weeks ago. That and because us "horses" have to stick together.

You are ok in my book dude. Mainly because I turned down a Holt trade a few weeks ago. That and because us "horses" have to stick together.

I hear you. I know I look like a fruit walking around in capri's during the summer months but it sure beats indecent exposure. :D

Wow..... I'll let you know that Tauntaun is not an alias, and is actually a friend of mine who is also in one both my leagues. He is an absolute fantasy football junkie, to the same level that most of us are, and he has been the most dominant team in our longest running home league. Because of that, he gets extremely annoying and cocky, like the "I'm right more than I'm wrong" post.

All that said, I think some are being a little rough on him here. He came out and made a statement that he admitted was bold. It would be quite boring to post things that everyone agrees with, such as "LT will be a top 5 back this year" I know he is just getting the typical newbie hazing, which he definitely deserved with his cocky comments, but, I can vouch that he is a good guy that definitely knows his football.

I think he will be proven completely wrong in this case, and he is letting a trade he made sway his opinion, but, it is just that, an opinion. We shall see how it all turns out. I'll guarantee you this, if he is right, he will definitely be here to boast, and if he is wrong, I'll be the first one to bring this up and rip him.

I'm my vouching for him doesn't mean a lot to many of you, but, I just wanted to clarify that this isn't an alias.

Thanks for clarifying that Tauntaun is actually YOUR alias. :D

Probably not a bad idea after the ribbing you've fielded in the past. :D

I did watch Rams games last year and the point about their line is a great point.

Sure you're not looking at the D-line?

They had a 1,500+ yard rusher in SJ and Bulger threw for over 4,300 yards. That's pretty good in my book. Yes, they had some injury issues on the O-line, but the line should come together now with young blood.

I am new to posting but have been reading posts for some time. Feel free to rip me but you will find that I will be right most of the time.

We'll see...

The days of Holt running free across the middle with a QB that has time to throw him the ball are over. He is slower and he is not the #1 option in the new Linehan offense.

#1?? Has he ever been the #1 option? Having a 3rd down possession & red zone receiver in Bennett will help, just like when they had Proehl a few years ago. Bruce is the one who will be seeing fewer catches. They also have to make up for the 50-60 catches McDonald & Curtis were good for.

I can not wait to bring this post back up come the end of the year. :D

Somehow, I don't see that happening unless Holt goes on the IR or something crazy. :D

This thread won't be complete without Tauntaun's prediction of how Holt's numbers will look at the end of the year. Give us your projections (catches, yards, and TD's). Let's see how close you come.

:D From what I've read in this thread so far -- and despite his reputed connection to Menudo -- I wouldn't think he would be willing to make a specific public prediction on catches, yards, tds. Resorting to gushing about his twig & berries pigeon-holes him into the UT world of blather rather than substance.

No wonder Menudo racks up wins in FF ... :D

:tup: From what I've read in this thread so far -- and despite his reputed connection to Menudo -- I wouldn't think he would be willing to make a specific public prediction on catches, yards, tds. Resorting to gushing about his twig & berries pigeon-holes him into the UT world of blather rather than substance.

No wonder Menudo racks up wins in FF ... :doh:

Well, I'll beat him to the punch on this one. In our main local, I've made the championship game twice in 9 years, both times playing him. The one time he beat me in a disgustingly low-scoring game, and the other was before we went to decimal points, we tied 160-160, and he got the championship on the tie-breaker of being the higher seed.

It is a solid, competitive league, he has 5 titles in 9 years, while I'm still searching for my 1st, despite making the playoffs most years.

It is also the league that did this: :D

So, they are all o.k. in my book.

By the way, he has also been in my other local the last two years. He is yet to have a championship, while I have one in those two years, and 5 championship in it's 8 year existence. :D

the thread should be edited and say "Holt: not top 5 anymore?"...that's a better argument....and I still don't agree with it

...at least at 1st glance anyways, but I am open minded to the idea of sliding Holt down a spot or two given enough information...or balls..

Holt works out

Wide receiver Torry Holt, recovering from offseason knee surgery, jogged through a few routes and even joined his teammates for sprints — albeit at about half-speed — after Thursday's workout at Rams Park. Holt said his knee was "feeling pretty good ... it's coming along."

Still, Linehan said he wants Holt to be cautious about pushing himself.

"He made a big commitment; he missed the Pro Bowl because he wanted to accelerate his rehab," Linehan noted. "He's at a point in his career where we've got to manage it and make sure he's able to finish a long, grueling season."

By Bill Coats of the ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

Edited by Rams Fan

This thread won't be complete without Tauntaun's prediction of how Holt's numbers will look at the end of the year. Give us your projections (catches, yards, and TD's). Let's see how close you come.

Predictions: 80 catches for 1,050 yards and 7 TD's. Solid year but borderline top 10.

:tup:

:D

I love seeing how excited Bushwacked gets when he perceives someone is saying something negative about me. All because my favorite team beat his favorite team in the Super Bowl. Now, THAT is funny stuff. :D

Edited by Menudo

Predictions: 80 catches for 1,050 yards and 7 TD's. Solid year but borderline top 10.

Sorry. I'm not convinced. I picked him at my #1 WR in a recent mock.

When was the last time he wasn't top 5?

Looked it up. Twice since 2000 he hasn't been top 5 but both times had 81-93 catches and over 1300 yards.

Edited by Randall

Looked it up. Twice since 2000 he hasn't been top 5 but both times had 81-93 catches and over 1300 yards.

And its not like Torry Holt relies on his speed to make plays... He runs the best routes outside of marvin Harrison in the league. This guy is a for sure top ten, probable top 5 and a decent chance at being a top 3.

According to the scoring in my main league, he was 9th last year and 6th the year before. To answer your question, he was not in the top 5 the past 2 years. This year he falls out of the top 10.

And its not like Torry Holt relies on his speed to make plays... He runs the best routes outside of marvin Harrison in the league. This guy is a for sure top ten, probable top 5 and a decent chance at being a top 3.

Sure he could be top 3 but he also has a "decent" chance of falling out of the top 10 given everything surrounding him. Again, I made a bold prediction and 99% of the people on here think I am nuts for saying it. For everyone that thinks that Holt will be a top 3 WR, I would guess that the odds of him being top 3 are about the same as him being out of the top 10.

Fantasy football is all about getting rid of guys at the right time. This year is the first year he falls out of stud status. Would I be shocked if he finished top 3? No. With that said, I think it is crazy for people to say that there is no way he finishes out of the top 10.