[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt - not a top 10 WR this year

Tauntaun

Sure he could be top 3 but he also has a "decent" chance of falling out of the top 10 given everything surrounding him. Again, I made a bold prediction and 99% of the people on here think I am nuts for saying it. For everyone that thinks that Holt will be a top 3 WR, I would guess that the odds of him being top 3 are about the same as him being out of the top 10.

Fantasy football is all about getting rid of guys at the right time. This year is the first year he falls out of stud status. Would I be shocked if he finished top 3? No. With that said, I think it is crazy for people to say that there is no way he finishes out of the top 10.

Based on what? That guess would be mistake. When he hasn't been top 10 he's put up 80-90 catches and 1300 yards.

Even when he isn't top 10 it isn't because he has fallen but because others have elevated their games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he could be top 3 but he also has a "decent" chance of falling out of the top 10 given everything surrounding him. Again, I made a bold prediction and 99% of the people on here think I am nuts for saying it. For everyone that thinks that Holt will be a top 3 WR, I would guess that the odds of him being top 3 are about the same as him being out of the top 10.

Fantasy football is all about getting rid of guys at the right time. This year is the first year he falls out of stud status. Would I be shocked if he finished top 3? No. With that said, I think it is crazy for people to say that there is no way he finishes out of the top 10.

I agree with your theory...but I think you are targeting the wrong player for a dropoff...

I know he's lost a bit of durability with the addition of surpassing 30....

but Holt is one of those guys that might have a few injury plagued seasons and then come back to have an all-pro year again due to his hard work and preperation...

alot of players fall off because of their lack of focus or they forget that you have to condition more as you get older....

Holt should be in the top 10 until he has 2 bad seasons in a row where he doesn't place in the top 15.....

I agree with your theory on "getting rid of players at the right time"...because having a good success rate in regards to acquiring/dumping players is the key to winning championships...

• 3 months later...

:D Sorry I could not wait until the end of the year. I just wanted to check in to see how you Holt lovers are doing? Are you starting to change your tune yet? I tried staying away from posting because I looked like an idiot from making this post. Does not look all that bad now. I would love to hear how Holt owners spin this now. Have a great day.

Like I said, I have Holt in a few leagues and just traded him in another. I think he been very consistent over the years but the last few years he was #9, #6, #4, and #2....not a great trend.

I did watch Rams games last year and the point about their line is a great point.

I am new to posting but have been reading posts for some time. Feel free to rip me but you will find that I will be right most of the time.

The days of Holt running free across the middle with a QB that has time to throw him the ball are over :D . He is slower and he is not the #1 option in the new Linehan offense.

I can not wait to bring this post back up come the end of the year. :wacko:

:D Sorry I could not wait until the end of the year. I just wanted to check in to see how you Holt lovers are doing? Are you starting to change your tune yet? I tried staying away from posting because I looked like an idiot from making this post. Does not look all that bad now. I would love to hear how Holt owners spin this now. Have a great day.

Crow not, lest ye be gutted an used as an overcoat. :D

I actually just traded for him in one of my dynasty Leagues. Chambers & DJ Williams for Holt & a 3rd round rookie pick. :D

:D indeedy. :wacko:

ETA: Only wish I hadn't traded Randy Moss to get him. :wacko:

Edited by Ziachild007

You're a moran.

The entire offense was lost to injuries and had nothing to do with your predictions. Go back into your hole.

I think I mentioned a few reasons why his numbers are down and why they will stay down. Are these not reasons why?

OK, I do not have a crystal ball so sure he could finish in the top 5 or 3. Last year he finished 9th in our scoring which I think is the best you will see from him going forward. I have not seen any insight as to why he will be a stud again other than opinion. If you think that Linehan will not use SJax like he did last year, the Rams line got better, Bulger will stay off his back, Holt will get faster, etc please give me reasons why. Otherwise, it is ok to assume that Holt's numbers will continue to decline like they have over the past 4 seasons. The greatest show on turf days are over....thus Holt finally falls out of the top 10. Sorry for upsetting you.

I think I mentioned a few reasons why his numbers are down and why they will stay down. Are these not reasons why?

(sigh)

An O-line not "getting better" has nothing to do with injuries. But I'm sure you envisioned the best LT in the league going on the IR, right?

Bulger being on his back has more than a little to do with O-line injuries, right?

Blah blah blah, they don't even HAVE SJax, so blah blah... pat yourself on the back... hooray you! yay!

:D And before anyone thinks about an idiotic reply like SJax going down or Pace going down is the reason for this, you are wrong. Pace certainly has an impact but this line is so bad with or without Pace. SJax going down should only force them to pass more but they can't because Bulger gets hammered. Bulger gets hammered means he can not get an aging Holt the ball. The Greatest Show on Turf is OVER.....in case you missed it, it is over in Detroit. Linehan sucks, so do the Rams, therefore so does Holt. Unfortunately some people could not see it.

:D And before anyone thinks about an idiotic reply like SJax going down or Pace going down is the reason for this, you are wrong. Pace certainly has an impact but this line is so bad with or without Pace. SJax going down should only force them to pass more but they can't because Bulger gets hammered. Bulger gets hammered means he can not get an aging Holt the ball. The Greatest Show on Turf is OVER.....in case you missed it, it is over in Detroit. Linehan sucks, so do the Rams, therefore so does Holt. Unfortunately some people could not see it.

:D

"...but but but but..."

what-evar

or ribs

Is it fair to say that SJax's receptions ate into Holt's last year? Thus,

Leonard + SJax rec in '07 are greater than or equal to SJax rec in '06

Therefore, Leonard will have an impact on Holt's numbers in '07. Q.E.D.

When Bulger has time to take 3 steps and dump off, it is fair to say that will impact Holt. If he does stay in the pocket again, it will be a long season with him throwing with another jacked up shoulder.

Through 1/4 of the season. I am a little off. Take his stats and multiply by 4 and you get the following.

92 catches for 1,048 yards and 8 TD's. I am pissed that I am off by 2 yards at this point.

I think my predicitions are going to be very inflated come year end....and Holt has not been hurt yet.

Predictions: 80 catches for 1,050 yards and 7 TD's. Solid year but borderline top 10.

Through 1/4 of the season. I am a little off. Take his stats and multiply by 4 and you get the following.

92 catches for 1,048 yards and 8 TD's. I am pissed that I am off by 2 yards at this point.

I think my predicitions are going to be very inflated come year end....and Holt has not been hurt yet.

You're no Steve Mann.

Hey dummy, you're not factoring in ALL of the offensive lineman that they've lost or are playing injured. In addition to Pace - Goldberg, Steussie, and Setterstrom are just a few more contributing o-line issues of the top of my head. The greatest show on turf hasn't been around since 2001 and anyone that follows the Rams knows that. So for once, quit reading the little yahoo "expert" blurbs you see in your free leagues and get your stats straight before you post.

Maybe I should speak a little slower for you... the o-line is C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y decimated.

Edited by twiley

And you can tell me that the writing was not on the wall about their o-line from last year? Did you really expect something different this year? Maybe if they were all 10 years younger. Bulger has been on his back as much this year as he was last year.

You really got me, I will go back to my free Yahoo Leagues. Don't be too upset you had Holt ranked in your top 3 WR's.

Hey dummy, you're not factoring in ALL of the offensive lineman that they've lost or are playing injured. In addition to Pace - Goldberg, Steussie, and Setterstrom are just a few more contributing o-line issues of the top of my head. The greatest show on turf hasn't been around since 2001 and anyone that follows the Rams knows that. So for once, quit reading the little yahoo "expert" blurbs you see in your free leagues and get your stats straight before you post.

Maybe I should speak a little slower for you... the o-line is C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y decimated.

I don't think anyone said Holt was a top 3 but you stating he wouldn't be a top 10 is far-fetched. The o-line was average last year at best and that was still because of injuries so thinking that they'd be a little bit better this year wasn't out of line at all. You made a bold statement 2 months ago and now you came back like your f-ing nostradomus but none of your so-called predictions could have taken into account the vast amount of injuries the Rams have suffered this year.

I'm going to ignore you now like my wife when she's not willing to admit she's at least somewhat in the wrong.