[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt - not a top 10 WR this year

Tauntaun

It's goodspeed, sir. And Andre Johnson will still finish in the top 10 even with the injury.

I drafted Andre in both of my leagues - got him in the frickin' 5th round in one of them, 4th in another. And we're talking PPR leagues. Not sure why nobody else had him on their radar. So, I hope your psychic powers are right again...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason no one has said that is because it is not true. At 31, Holt's skills and value as a receiver have not diminished, he is still one of the best in the game. The six pages of smack are because you think his stats this season support your hypothesis that he has lost a step and they do not. They are a reflection of what has happened to the team.

If you're still looking for someone to support you on this, you're going to need to wait another six pages. (Or 600.)

:D

The reason no one has said that is because it is not true. At 31, Holt's skills and value as a receiver have not diminished, he is still one of the best in the game. The six pages of smack are because you think his stats this season support your hypothesis that he has lost a step and they do not. They are a reflection of what has happened to the team.

If you're still looking for someone to support you on this, you're going to need to wait another six pages. (Or 600.)

If you think his skills have not diminished due to his age and injuries then you are a complete idiot. Take your blue and yellow glasses off buddy. I am a Steelers fan and that is like saying that Ward's skills have not diminished as he is getting older. Is Holt still very good? Yes. Is he elite? Not any longer.

If you think his skills have not diminished due to his age and injuries then you are a complete idiot. Take your blue and yellow glasses off buddy. I am a Steelers fan and that is like saying that Ward's skills have not diminished as he is getting older. Is Holt still very good? Yes. Is he elite? Not any longer.

Yes, still. And you're the only one who thinks otherwise. Or maybe ALL of the rest of us are wrong and you're the only one who gets it.

+1 :D

A receiver is only as good as his QB. In the last couple of years, Holt has had to deal with underthrows, overthrows and general off-target passes. When the ball in in his range, he doesn't drop it. I would contend that whatever is making you think he is not elite has more to do with Bulger being off target (Ususally due to his face eating turf), than a lessening of Holt's abilities.

This is from many live observations at games.

Edited by cre8tiff

A receiver is only as good as his QB. In the last couple of years, Holt has had to deal with underthrows, overthrows and general off-target passes. When the ball in in his range, he doesn't drop it. I would contend that whatever is making you think he is not elite has more to do with Bulger being off target (Ususally due to his face eating turf), than a lessening of Holt's abilities.

This is from many live observations at games.

This one is wise. :D

Edited by STL Fan

We are supposed to be talking fantasy football here right? In actual football, yes Holt is a top, or "elite" WR. However, it is evident that he will not produce the numbers he has put up in the past. It doesn't matter what the reasons or excuses are. :D The line and QB are injured, the RB is hurt and not producing. None of that matters when we are referring to fantasy football. It's all about the points, and quite frankly, the "elite" points will not be there for Holt this season.

We are supposed to be talking fantasy football here right? In actual football, yes Holt is a top, or "elite" WR. However, it is evident that he will not produce the numbers he has put up in the past. It doesn't matter what the reasons or excuses are. :D The line and QB are injured, the RB is hurt and not producing. None of that matters when we are referring to fantasy football. It's all about the points, and quite frankly, the "elite" points will not be there for Holt this season.

Nope. This moran said Holt is no longer an elite receiver because his skills have diminished. That's why he's getting abused here. NO ONE is arguing that his numbers won't be down this year, it's WHY his numbers are going to be down that has spawned 8 pages of smack.

I dont care to enter this I'm just saying Im going to the game tomorrow and starting Holt so I can be super obnoxious. Any recommendations on good food near the dome? we're staying at the renaissance hotel up there

Depends on what you want to spend. Shannons is a good steakhouse. You can see restaurant reviews at Sauce Magazine. Choose Downtown City as the search location under Find a Restaurant.

Edited by cre8tiff

Nope. This moran said Holt is no longer an elite receiver because his skills have diminished. That's why he's getting abused here. NO ONE is arguing that his numbers won't be down this year, it's WHY his numbers are going to be down that has spawned 8 pages of smack.

That's right. Even in bad years(like this one) he's tied for 12th in receptions. WR's can't do it all themselves.

I don't think that it is at all unreasonable to simply speculate as to whether Holt has lost a step. His numbers are not where people expected them to be... we can speculate that it is solely because of the QB, or maybe a combination of the QB woes mixed in with the other offensive injuries, etc., but to completely rule out Holt as a possible cause of Holt's problems just seems short-sighted.

That's right. Even in bad years(like this one) he's tied for 12th in receptions. WR's can't do it all themselves.

Just look at how Randy Moss did last year compared to this year. And people said he was all washed-up! Sure looks it to me. Put Holt in there with Brady or Manning, and he is back to elite status.

Edited by Crazysight

Just look at how Randy Moss did last year compared to this year. And people said he was all washed-up! Sure looks it to me. Put Holt in there with Brady or Manning, and he is back to elite status.

Bingo.

And that was from Gus Frerotte!

Frerotte's been good in Linnehan's offense. I picked him up this week remembering what he did in Minnesota when Culpepper went down.

in 2003 - 38 for 65 690 yards, a 10.6 average, 7 TD's and a 118.1 QB rating.

He had Randy Moss back then but everyone knows Holt is all washed up. :D

Frerotte's been good in Linnehan's offense. I picked him up this week remembering what he did in Minnesota when Culpepper went down.

in 2003 - 38 for 65 690 yards, a 10.6 average, 7 TD's and a 118.1 QB rating.

He had Randy Moss back then but everyone knows Holt is all washed up. :D

Well, Gus may be rusty or something because he didn't look so good today. His throws were all over the place, and the receptions he got were on some amazing catches. The thing that helped him was Brian Leonard running hard and taking some of the heat off the pass rush.

We'll have to see how he does, I guess, but he wasn't very impressive today.

• 1 month later...