[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bore O'Reilly

MikesVikes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<< As the bible says, "The love that you take is equal to the love that you make." >>

The bible?? Damn it. Can I forget I read that and continue to give the credit to the Beatles?

I find high high comedy that anyone should say Falwell should be respected in death after the absolutely classless and horrible things he said about AIDS deaths and 9/11.

yeah, didn't he blame 9/11 on lesbianism or some such?

i am sure the guy had a positive impact on a lot of peoples' lives, but by and large he had a very negative impact on american culture in general, IMO.

If O'Reilly is kissing Falwell's ass eight days from now, then yeah, he might be a bit of a hypocrite. But I think that some of the quotes posted on the web (shown above) T

Az has already tagged you for using the "quotes posted on the web" as being representative of the left as a whole (and shame on h8 for posting that in the first place, and btw is that the best your right wing publications can come up with? Because in general, in your own inimitable way, you come up with some good counterpoints, but this was frenchmanweak).

Can you imagine how mainstream debates would go if they quoted huddlers as being representative of the views held by the opposing side? :D

Actually it would be pretty refreshing to see Hillary and Romney quoting H8 and skins :D

Two things, Bobby Brown...

Learn to use the quote function...

... and you'll find that I often misquote the bible. :D

Learn to use the quotes? The reply function quotes automatically. I usually get rid of it to conserve space. But, if it really offends you, here you go.

Also, I don't understand the Bobby Brown reference. I even went to my favorite dictionary site and looked it up:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bobby+brown

How do any of these apply to me? :D

I admire Anna Nicole Smith and Jerry Falwell. They both came from humble beginnings, and then came up with their own way to scam people out of millions of dollars. I only wish I had achieved that level of success. They were both genius's in their own right. And, of course, they both had nice tits! :D

yeah, didn't he blame 9/11 on lesbianism or some such?

i am sure the guy had a positive impact on a lot of peoples' lives, but by and large he had a very negative impact on american culture in general, IMO.

I've seen it argued, and I tend to agree, that he and others like him have had a very negative impact on the image of Christianity itself as well.

Learn to use the quotes? The reply function quotes automatically. I usually get rid of it to conserve space. But, if it really offends you, here you go.

Also, I don't understand the Bobby Brown reference. I even went to my favorite dictionary site and looked it up:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bobby+brown

How do any of these apply to me? :D

If you don't get the Bobby Brown reference than you need a new username. :D

Also, I don't understand the Bobby Brown reference.

:D:D

If you don't get the Bobby Brown reference than you need a new username. :tup:

Actually... I just realized that he spells it "Yerbuti" instead of "Yerbouti". Perhaps he doesn't know the origin of the name because some more recent pop culture event co-opted the joke.

It's like when the kid at work talks about Slipknot, and he's not referring to the Dead. Or when he talks about Nothingface, and he isn't talking about Voivod.

Kids today... with their crazy hair and clothes. No respect for their elders. :doh:

Sorry Sheik. I wasn't trying to make fun of you... I thought you were in on the joke.

Az has already tagged you for using the "quotes posted on the web" as being representative of the left as a whole (and shame on h8 for posting that in the first place, and btw is that the best your right wing publications can come up with?

I never attributed those quotes as being representative of the left in general, so I have no clue where you're getting that from.

But if you want some higher-profile links, here's one from one of John Edwards' former campaign employees... :D

And here's a more tactful one in a mainstream publication: :tup:

They have the right to say what they want but, geez, give the freaking family a few days to mourn before going on the attack again.

Because in general, in your own inimitable way, you come up with some good counterpoints, but this was frenchmanweak).

Um, thanks, I guess. :D

But if you want some higher-profile links, here's one from one of John Edwards' former campaign employees... :D

And here's a more tactful one in a mainstream publication: :D

Yeah... you don't get much more mainstream than one of John Edwards former campaign employees, or the editorial page of Oregon Live internet magazine.

Clearly you've captured the essence of the left's position instead of doing a lazy Google search.

Yeah... you don't get much more mainstream than one of John Edwards former campaign employees, or the editorial page of Oregon Live internet magazine.

The Oregonian is a Pulitzer Prize-winning daily newspaper based in Portland with the largest circulation in the Northwest. Your ignorance is astounding.

The Oregonian is a Pulitzer Prize-winning daily newspaper based in Portland with the largest circulation in the Northwest. Your ignorance is astounding.

Ok, now quote me the part where the editorial trashed Falwell. I bet I'll be outraged.

And here's a more tactful one in a mainstream publication: :D

Jerry Falwell was a formidable personality. He was a lighting rod for critics, but a man who was never bullied or tainted by scandal.

When he was simply a preacher, his influence was limited to the audiences who flocked in growing numbers to hear him preach. Like many evangelical preachers, he was savvy about new communications platforms, fundraising and expanding his nonprofit business interests. With them, he took his small congregation and turned it into a multimedia evangelical empire.

But what propelled Falwell to national prominence was his passionate belief that his brand of conservative Christianity should be translated into direct political activism. The Moral Majority, the political organization he founded at the end of the Carter presidency as a vehicle for this conviction, overwhelmingly supported conservative Republicans and became a key constituency for Republicans seeking office in all the years since.

"I'm not looking for a Sunday school teacher," he explained to a CNN host on the eve of last year's midterm elections. "I am looking for a good, moral and intelligent leader who is right on the issues that count."

For Falwell, the issues that counted the most were abortion, traditional marriage and a range of traditional, conservative social issues -- many of which resonated with Republicans. He said Democrats had chosen to side with "the death culture" and if they nominate Hillary Clinton, his political followers would be galvanized into action, more even than "if Lucifer ran."

That kind of demonization of political opponents was, unfortunately, a hallmark of Falwell's public career. He also gained infamy for his bizarre remarks in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, when he said on television that "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way . . . you helped this to happen." He later tried to clarify this, but insisted that secularists had created a permissive environment that invited attack.

All this made Falwell the target of derision in some quarters, appreciation in others. Sen. John McCain, who is running again for the presidency in 2008, once labeled him an "agent of intolerance." But more recently, he had mended fences with Falwell in an effort to court the votes of his followers.

McCain was right the first time: Falwell was intolerant, and his politics were divisive and served the nation poorly. He built an effective political organization at least partly by appealing to people's worst instincts. His rhetorical universe was populated by villains like the ones he identified after 9/11.

As Falwell concentrated on running Liberty University, an institution he hoped would become the evangelical equivalent to Notre Dame, he remained outspoken and unapologetic. His death Tuesday at 73 brought expressions of sorrow and respect from many, and renewed condemnations from many others who won't miss his pronouncements. It was the same pattern that followed him in life.

ok. i bolded the parts that could even be considered an "attack" against falwell's impact and public persona.

now is it seriously your opinion that those comments are more of an unfair attack than o'reilly calling anna nicole a "confused woman desperately seeking attention" who "devoted her life to selfish pursuits"?

ok. i bolded the parts that could even be considered an "attack" against falwell's impact and public persona.

now is it seriously your opinion that those comments are more of an unfair attack than o'reilly calling anna nicole a "confused woman desperately seeking attention" who "devoted her life to selfish pursuits"?

No, it's about timing. O'Reilly waited almost a week and a half before calling Anna Nicole "selfish" and "irresponsible." The editorial board at the Oregonian began writing a smear piece on Falwell the very day that he died and published it the next morning. And, of course, the nutcase left-wing bloggers wrote completely heinous, vile crap that wouldn't make it into a mainstream publication right off the bat as well. IMO, there's a difference and, for all of O'Reilly's faults, I think that he has a point.

No, it's about timing. O'Reilly waited almost a week and a half before calling Anna Nicole "selfish" and "irresponsible." The editorial board at the Oregonian began writing a smear piece on Falwell the very day that he died and published it the next morning. And, of course, the nutcase left-wing bloggers wrote completely heinous, vile crap that wouldn't make it into a mainstream publication right off the bat as well. IMO, there's a difference and, for all of O'Reilly's faults, I think that he has a point.

:D

wow

Moran, the Oregonian wasn't attacking him at all, simply describing what he was known for in life...

Edited by alexgaddis

My only concern is if the Satan worshippers (aka Democrats) will dig up the body and eat it like they do their babies after they kill them?

Well, Hillary was seen in Home Depot buying a shovel yesterday. :D