Sign in to follow this  
Popeye

1st pick in rookie draft

I have been offered Fitz for the 1st pick in our rookie draft. It is a 12 team ppr league. We start 2 backs, 2 receivers and 1 flex. WR, TE, or RB. 6 points per TD. My current roster consist of (notable players)

QB

Leinart

Schaub

RB

S.Jackson

McGahee

Lewis

K. Jones

Turner

WR

Boldin

R. Moss

Roy Williams

Porter

Would it benefit me to trade for Fitz or wait and take AD or Lynch or possiblyCJ? Lets hear what some of u think the value is on the 1st pick. TIA By the way, this is a dynasty league if you didn't figure it out.

Edited by Popeye

I have been offered Fitz for the 1st pick in our rookie draft. It is a 12 team ppr league. We start 2 backs, 2 receivers and 1 flex. WR, TE, or RB. 6 points per TD. My current roster consist of (notable players)

QB

Leinart

Schaub

RB

S.Jackson

McGahee

Lewis

K. Jones

Turner

WR

Boldin

R. Moss

Roy Williams

Porter

Would it benefit me to trade for Fitz or wait and take AD or Lynch or possiblyCJ? Lets hear what some of u think the value is on the 1st pick. TIA By the way, this is a dynasty league if you didn't figure it out.

Accept it NOW! Fitz is instantly more valuable than an unknown rookie. If you keep it you have to have AP. So the question is: who is more valuable to YOU Fitz or AP? I would think you take Fitz, then package Boldin with Lewis or McGahee for an upgrade at RB, or with Leinhart for a top QB...

Accept it NOW! Fitz is instantly more valuable than an unknown rookie. If you keep it you have to have AP. So the question is: who is more valuable to YOU Fitz or AP? I would think you take Fitz, then package Boldin with Lewis or McGahee for an upgrade at RB, or with Leinhart for a top QB...

I have to agree. As tempting as it is to get Calvin Johnson or Marshawn Lynch, you have to go with the sure thing in Fitz. Fitz is still pretty young (24 when season starts) and proven and is solid for a Dynasty. On the NFL level Calvin or Lynch could still be a bust (although unlikely) so why gamble. Like "Royal" said you could package a couple guys to upgrade your QB situation. I think you are set at running back as Kevin Jones has started running again and is on schedule to be 100% when training camp starts. Good luck this year.

I can understand why jumping all over Fitz is good, but keep in mind you also have Boldin... and owning two receivers on one team sucks.

Just something to consider...

First off, how do you have 1.01? It must be from a previous trade with the team that you have assembled.

Secondly, if you really are willing to trade the 1.01 pick, I'd be looking for top shelf QB help if I were you. Given your starting requirements, your RBs & WRs are in very good shape, and your weakness is QB. Why don't you go fishing with the Manning/Palmer/Brees owner & see if you can pique their interest? Maybe even pick up a draft pick in a trade with the Palmer or Brees owner.

Thirdly, given your current roster, if you couldn't do the trade lsited above I'd be inclined given my nature to roll the dice with a high upside top rookie than an established vet. You are already strong at RB & WR and I'm not sure how much more Fitz brings to your team than you don't already have with Roy Williams. I'm no fan of pairing 2 WRs on the same team myself, but having Calvin Johnson in a Martz offense is just too tempting to turn away. You've got strength, vet depth, & youth at RB so I wouldn't consider improving RB as much as I'd want to add a guy like CJ to that WR crew.

Just my thoughts...

I recently traded the 1.1, 2.1 and 3.13 for the 1.3, 1.12, and 2.3 in a 12 team league. If I were you I'd look to trade back the the 1.3 and look to pick up late 1st or early 2nd. Then you could take Calvin Johnson or Lynch which ever of the two are left at the 1.3.

First off, how do you have 1.01? It must be from a previous trade with the team that you have assembled.

Secondly, if you really are willing to trade the 1.01 pick, I'd be looking for top shelf QB help if I were you. Given your starting requirements, your RBs & WRs are in very good shape, and your weakness is QB. Why don't you go fishing with the Manning/Palmer/Brees owner & see if you can pique their interest? Maybe even pick up a draft pick in a trade with the Palmer or Brees owner.

Thirdly, given your current roster, if you couldn't do the trade lsited above I'd be inclined given my nature to roll the dice with a high upside top rookie than an established vet. You are already strong at RB & WR and I'm not sure how much more Fitz brings to your team than you don't already have with Roy Williams. I'm no fan of pairing 2 WRs on the same team myself, but having Calvin Johnson in a Martz offense is just too tempting to turn away. You've got strength, vet depth, & youth at RB so I wouldn't consider improving RB as much as I'd want to add a guy like CJ to that WR crew.

Just my thoughts...

Yes, I aquired the 1.01 via trade at the end of the season. The Manning and Palmer owner have already turned me down and the Brees owner must have flew the coup for the summer.

Who do you think that I would be able to get for Lewis and Boldin?

Who do you think that I would be able to get for Lewis and Boldin?

Depending on the needs of the other teams, I would say someone like a Portis, Maroney, Parker, Westbrook, etc. An RB in the second tier behind LT, LJ, SJack, Gore.

Now for QB, a Leinhart-Boldin combo might net you a top QB like a Bulger, Brees, Brady (Maybe Manning or Palmer--but I don't those owners would be as ready to deal)...

Depending on the needs of the other teams, I would say someone like a Portis, Maroney, Parker, Westbrook, etc. An RB in the second tier behind LT, LJ, SJack, Gore.

Now for QB, a Leinhart-Boldin combo might net you a top QB like a Bulger, Brees, Brady (Maybe Manning or Palmer--but I don't those owners would be as ready to deal)...

I would be surprised if you could get that much for Lewis/Boldin. Stay where you are, draft AD. You know what the peak of Fitz is and while that is really high the peak for Peterson is top 5 overall.

AT first glance I would do it. However you would have Leinart/Fitz/Boldin which is a little too risky for me. I dont think you need to trade Leinart. He is in the right situation and could end up being top 10 at the end of the year. Where as you know you can get Fitz, I owuld shop around and see if you can trump him.

Seeing that this is a dynasty there is no way I am going to take Lewis-Boldin for a tier 2 RB. If you can get it great, but I wouldn't do it if I was the other guy.

If I was trading Leinart-Boldin I wouldn't want Bulger and would be hesitant in getting Brees or Brady. I have a feeling if the Zona offense starts clicking Leinart could be top 5 at QB.

I like Perch's idea of trading down a couple spots to move up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Well the other owner upped his offer with Fitz and Chambers for the 1st. I accepted. I don't really like having 2 receivers from the same team, but I definitely have trade bait if needed.

Well the other owner upped his offer with Fitz and Chambers for the 1st. I accepted. I don't really like having 2 receivers from the same team, but I definitely have trade bait if needed.

Damn, you made out like a bandit! Now it's time for you to begin wheeling and dealing for an upgrade.

I would def keep Fitz. Move either Boldin or Leinhart for an upgrade. Although that Leihart to Fitz combo will be hell on your opponents! Try and move Boldin in a package with McGahee or Lewis.

Heck now you can even throw in Chambers in a counter offer. This is my favorite time of the dynasty year: Making moves and doing research for trades and rookies. This is the time where you show if you have the instincts for this. Good luck!

Damn, you made out like a bandit! Now it's time for you to begin wheeling and dealing for an upgrade.

I would def keep Fitz. Move either Boldin or Leinhart for an upgrade. Although that Leihart to Fitz combo will be hell on your opponents! Try and move Boldin in a package with McGahee or Lewis.

Heck now you can even throw in Chambers in a counter offer. This is my favorite time of the dynasty year: Making moves and doing research for trades and rookies. This is the time where you show if you have the instincts for this. Good luck!

Was just offered Bulger and B. Edwards, and 1.06 for Boldin, Lewis, and Schaub. Think I just stumbled onto another good deal. What do u think?

Was just offered Bulger and B. Edwards, and 1.06 for Boldin, Lewis, and Schaub. Think I just stumbled onto another good deal. What do u think?

I think you have to jump on this one. Not only do you get back into the 1st rd of the draft, you get a wr in Edwards who i really like. Regardless of state of the Cleveland offense i think this kid is gonna break out real soon, maybe even this year. Bulger more than makes up for the loss of Schaub, even if it's only for a short time. That 1:6 looks real good for QB choice to build for the future.

Yeah take it. Then you have a top 10 FF QB to go with SJack, McGahee, and a sick WR core. Then you will get a quality player with the 6...