[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ask or Axe?

spain

I knew it wouldnt take long for the p.c. blacks to get offended and see a teacher trying to teach correct english as some sort of put down to blacks.

That dude is about as black as you are. :D

I knew it wouldnt take long for the p.c. blacks to get offended and see a teacher trying to teach correct english as some sort of put down to blacks.

As much as I hate to say it, this is a valid observation. My son gets "dissed" every day for sounding white, because we insist he speak correctly. So he gets called 'monkey' due to his dark color, and 'oreo' due to his correct speech. Only by other black students. It has been our experience these AA kids are far harder on each other than any white kids are on them.

We've not hired someone because they talked like this. Troof.

I was offered a teaching job at Sanford-Brown college by a guy that sounded completely white-trash. I just couldn't do it.

Let me say, I grew up in the Ozarks and had a HORRIBLE accent. (Fire pronounced far. Pillar instead of pillow, fanger, and a liberal use of ye.) THe moment I moved to college I set about correcting my language. I have been pretty successful, though my kids love to hear me speak on the phone with my dad, as I revert somewhat.

As much as I hate to say it, this is a valid observation. My son gets "dissed" every day for sounding white, because we insist he speak correctly. So he gets called 'monkey' due to his dark color, and 'oreo' due to his correct speech. Only by other black students. It has been our experience these AA kids are far harder on each other than any white kids are on them.

Wait. cre8tiff's black :D

Hearing another black kid speak correctly probably makes them feel stupid. It's not surprising kids would react that way.

I was offered a teaching job at Sanford-Brown college by a guy that sounded completely white-trash. I just couldn't do it.

Let me say, I grew up in the Ozarks and had a HORRIBLE accent. (Fire pronounced far. Pillar instead of pillow, fanger, and a liberal use of ye.) THe moment I moved to college I set about correcting my language. I have been pretty successful, though my kids love to hear me speak on the phone with my dad, as I revert somewhat.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!?! I teach in the Ozarks and I didn't notice your accent t'all.

Edited by The Holy Roller