[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ask or Axe?

spain

I was offered a teaching job at Sanford-Brown college by a guy that sounded completely white-trash. I just couldn't do it.

Let me say, I grew up in the Ozarks and had a HORRIBLE accent. (Fire pronounced far. Pillar instead of pillow, fanger, and a liberal use of ye.) THe moment I moved to college I set about correcting my language. I have been pretty successful, though my kids love to hear me speak on the phone with my dad, as I revert somewhat.

you fell for the man's ploy, and crapped all over your bidilectical heritage!

my favorite ozark-ism...."part'near". example:

Q: "how far is it from reeds spring to kissee mills?"

A: "part'near 30 miles"

He's not black, he's Angelina Jolie. :D

:D

A had VERY liberal professor who adopted 2 black kids back in the early 1980's. He was ultra concerned that they knew about their "blackness". I all but called him an idiot a couple of times...

I thought Ebonics was approved as the official language of the US ??

When my ancestors came here, they were required to learn english with 1 week or they'd be shot. Now you have to press 8 for English after waiting through spanish, ebonics, yookohnish, and a host of other inferior languages. It really makes me sick.

you fell for the man's ploy, and crapped all over your bidilectical heritage!

my favorite ozark-ism...."part'near". example:

Q: "how far is it from reeds spring to kissee mills?"

A: "part'near 30 miles"

Don't forget that yonder is a cardinal direction.

When my ancestors came here, they were required to learn english with 1 week or they'd be shot. Now you have to press 8 for English after waiting through spanish, ebonics, yookohnish, and a host of other inferior languages. It really makes me sick.

How about elaborating on this?

How about elaborating on this?

I find the constant right wing hand wringing about how non-english speaking people in this country are so coddled to be amusing and thought this would be a fine opportunity to illustrate how lame they sound. Sort of follows the age-old "walked 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways to school" story.

Nobody has ever been able to point out much more than the fact that you can actually hit a button on your phone to get info in Spanish as how things are any different than in the past. Guys who never amounted to crap and blame it on some societal anti-white agenda much like the whack job they often quote that complains about the same thing in the black community, love to bring this up as some evidence that good honest Americans are getting the shaft. However, much like they do with the rest of their pathetic snivelings, they just remind us what game-less veronicas they are.

Once upon a time, you either learned English or didn't get ahead. These days, you either learn English or you don't get ahead. I work with many Latinos, so I see this first hand. Those that learn English move up the ladder, those that don't stay in the dish room and listen to REM.

I find the constant right wing hand wringing about how non-english speaking people in this country are so coddled to be amusing and thought this would be a fine opportunity to illustrate how lame they sound. Sort of follows the age-old "walked 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways to school" story.

Nobody has ever been able to point out much more than the fact that you can actually hit a button on your phone to get info in Spanish as how things are any different than in the past. Guys who never amounted to crap and blame it on some societal anti-white agenda much like the whack job they often quote that complains about the same thing in the black community, love to bring this up as some evidence that good honest Americans are getting the shaft. However, much like they do with the rest of their pathetic snivelings, they just remind us what game-less veronicas they are.

Once upon a time, you either learned English or didn't get ahead. These days, you either learn English or you don't get ahead. I work with many Latinos, so I see this first hand. Those that learn English move up the ladder, those that don't stay in the dish room and listen to REM.

ok i'm confused, because that sounds almost exactly like the typical "right wing hand wringing". ya know, "back in the old days, people had to learn english, blah blah blah".

so what is the proper term for right wing hand wringing from a left winger whining about right wing hand wringers? :D

Not me. I grew up in a bad neighborhood. In the south. With a pretty thick southern accent. Loaded everything I owned into 1 suitcase and moved to Texas. Noticed all the mexicans and learned their language. I dont complain about them at all, if they are here legally. They come here to work. If they break our laws, I dont think they should have any constitutional protections. Other than that, I have no issues with my bean eating brothers.

ok i'm confused, because that sounds almost exactly like the typical "right wing hand wringing". ya know, "back in the old days, people had to learn english, blah blah blah".

so what is the proper term for right wing hand wringing from a left winger whining about right wing hand wringers? :D

That's the whole point, it was a freaking joke. It was supposed to sound like the typical "right wing hand wringing".

Not me. I grew up in a bad neighborhood. In the south. With a pretty thick southern accent. Loaded everything I owned into 1 suitcase and moved to Texas. Noticed all the mexicans and learned their language. I dont complain about them at all, if they are here legally. They come here to work. If they break our laws, I dont think they should have any constitutional protections. Other than that, I have no issues with my bean eating brothers.

Glad to hear it.

Nobody has ever been able to point out much more than the fact that you can actually hit a button on your phone to get info in Spanish as how things are any different than in the past.

Ah, but in the past, you weren't labeled a "racist" if you didn't offer that option. These days, you're demonized if you dare suggest that people who come to this country illegally should leave.

I've learned that when I take a nappy headed ho out for a bite in my pimped ride wit new floataas and a bangin box. I doan even axe for the snoopy to give up da trim, I takes it. Den agin I don't eat nuttin I can't eat wit a fok.