[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty... Henry and the Edge for...

the 1.2 and Moss

This is my roster.... the number after the name is the contract.

Would you do it?

Quaterbacks:

Rivers, Philip SDC QB - 4

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 3

QB Years: 4

Runningbacks:

Brown, Chris TEN RB - 2

Gado, Samkon HOU RB - 2

James, Edgerrin ARI RB - 3

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 5

Jones, Kevin DET RB - 3

McGahee, Willis BUF RB - 4

Henry, Travis TEN RB - 1

RB Years: 20

Wide Recievers:

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 2

Holt, Torry STL WR - 2

Lelie, Ashley FA WR - 1

Williams, Roy DET WR - 4

WR Years: 9

Tight Ends:

Smith, Alex TBB TE - 2

Smith, L.J. PHI TE - 2

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 3

TE Years: 7

Kickers:

PK Years: 0

Defenses:

DSP Years: 0

Taxi Squad

Cutler, Jay DEN QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

TOTAL YEARS ALLOCATED

40 of 55

I wouldn't give him both RBs for the 1.2 and Moss. I would give him one of the 2 for 1.2 straight-up though.

I'd really love to do K. Jones for 1.2 and try to trade Edge or Henry for a WR elsewhere.

Henry could very well be the most productive RB on your roster. I'd be looking at keeping him & throwing out other bones in trying to trade. Edge, McGahee, & Jones are all candidates to move to try to make the trade that you are talking about. Let him pick 2 of the 3 to make the deal work.

Henry could very well be the most productive RB on your roster. I'd be looking at keeping him & throwing out other bones in trying to trade. Edge, McGahee, & Jones are all candidates to move to try to make the trade that you are talking about. Let him pick 2 of the 3 to make the deal work.

While I agree, Henry only having one year left on his contract then presumably being a free agent (not knowing details of FA process and if additional years can be added to him) does make Henry a bit more expendable IMO. Jones, McGahee and Edge all have 3 years min left.

How many RBs can you start, and how many WRs?

I really like Vincent Jackson who you have on your taxi squad, so adding him to your WR list makes it a nice group of WRs, but adding Moss wouldn't hurt. I can't say I fault you for wanting to make the deal, as it would give you a chance for a nice youth infusion at RB or add Calvin Johnson to your WR corp, but, if you are playing for the championship this year, I agree with BB that Henry may well be an integral part of that effort for you.

While I agree, Henry only having one year left on his contract then presumably being a free agent (not knowing details of FA process and if additional years can be added to him) does make Henry a bit more expendable IMO. Jones, McGahee and Edge all have 3 years min left.

How many RBs can you start, and how many WRs?

I really like Vincent Jackson who you have on your taxi squad, so adding him to your WR list makes it a nice group of WRs, but adding Moss wouldn't hurt. I can't say I fault you for wanting to make the deal, as it would give you a chance for a nice youth infusion at RB or add Calvin Johnson to your WR corp, but, if you are playing for the championship this year, I agree with BB that Henry may well be an integral part of that effort for you.

Bottom line: You can't trade two of your top RBs (along with all your RB depth) for a couple of unknowns.

True it is a sexy trade. People love rookie draft picks and polarizing stars like Moss. But the fact is--as much as I love the Mossman--we don't know how he will be used. And ANY rookie is a gamble, especially when you are giving up proven RBs--both of whom are poised for pretty good seasons...

Also, you already have Holt, Roy Dub, and Colston. Not sure why you would need Moss. Especially at the expense of RBs...

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up doing it. This was posted on another thread.

Alright....

so far this offseason (no auction yet)

I traded Javon Walker for McGahee

I traded Mo Drew for the Edge, Winslow, Lelie and Si Moss

I traded Lelie for the FA Rights to Carr and Si Moss for a 2nd.

I traded LJ for the Henry and Moroney

I traded Henry and the Edge for R Moss and the 1.2

During my draft, between moving up and down - and dealing Gado, Bryant Johnson and V Jackson... I landed an extra 2 firsts and an extra second for 2008 (so... 3x1st, 2x2nd and 3rd-5th)

Having said all of that.... this was my draft....

1.2 Peterson, A

1.5 Jackson, B

3.3 B Leonard

5.4 A Bradshaw

6.4 D Anderson

...and this is my team prior to cuts (need to get down to 19 roster spots and 5 taxi)

Cutler, Jay DEN QB -

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Anderson, Deon DAL RB ®

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB ®

Brown, Chris TEN RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB ®

Jones, Kevin DET RB

Leonard, Brian STL RB ®

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB

McGahee, Willis BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB ®

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Moss, Randy NEP WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Williams, Roy DET WR

Smith, Alex TBB TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE

• 2 weeks later...

I think you made a mistake here. AD was a great pick there but Randy has sucked for a few years now.

I agree completely that he made a mistake but IMHO it has nothing to do with Moss. I believe his mistake was not adressing his weakness in the trade. WR was not his weakness, QB was his weakness and it still needs to be addressed to really have a chance at a title.

I am not real hot on Moss as a big fantasy commodity. There is simply too much sharing of the wealth in New England to accurately project how it will be split up.

I understand why you made the trade, you are dumping aging backs for a fresh one, however I think that you traded away a ton of points for this season by dealing Henry, and that will be tough to overcome in my opinion.

The good news is that if you correctly pegged Peterson as the star of tomorrow, in two years you will look back on this trade and smile about what a genius you were, as they cart Henry and Edge off to the old folks home.

That being said, I'm a little nervous about Peterson myself, and I am definitely not a Moss fan. Risky investments on both counts, but it definitely could work out well in your favor when all is said and done.

Hope it works out for you DJ.