[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A huddler family (the Polksalets) needs your prayers

wiegie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I think I am composed enough to post now. No, I am losing it again. I will post tonight of what happened. i kid you not, i am so mad I am starting to sweat just thinking about it.

ok, I think I am composed enough to post now. No, I am losing it again. I will post tonight of what happened. i kid you not, i am so mad I am starting to sweat just thinking about it.

:D

I hope everything is ok.

Polk i will be back in Philly tuesday, i will check for the formula.

The long, the ct scan came back clean

The short, I have decided to go after the hospital legally. This is simply unacceptable. I am so mad, actually I do not even have the words.

The long, the ct scan came back clean

The short, I have decided to go after the hospital legally. This is simply unacceptable. I am so mad, actually I do not even have the words.

That's great news on the scan. Good luck with dealing with the hospital.

That's great news on the scan. Good luck with dealing with the hospital.

I still can't believe the frikkin doctor cussed me in front of my wife and kid. Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

I still can't believe the frikkin doctor cussed me in front of my wife and kid. Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

Hang in there Polk! We're all w/ you! :D

So you are going to "go polksalet" on him?

At least it came brack clean. :D

So you are going to "go polksalet" on him?

At least it came brack clean. :D

Oddly enough the doc and I are from the same hometown and he knows my family. Apparently none of my relatives told him about some of my more notable behavioral proclivities. I am actually going to take her to Dallas for the next appointment with a surgeon.

Ok Surgeon tells me an hour after surgery that the tumor was cystic with nothing inside. This was reaffirmed by the subsequent 2 docs in the nicu, 5 nurse practitioners, and around a dozen nurses. I have been questioning everyone in sight about when the biopsy should be back and they all tell me it is normal to wait a month or two . Ok, maybe this is normal in their world (Arkansas) but it is not the norm in the US.

We were to be released Thursday around noon when a doc we had not yet comes in a and says "The biopsy is back and there were many types of tissue in the tumor including brain tissue, in the brain tissue was a good deal of a rare brain cancer called apendamoma."

He said a full ct scan was in order asap. My wife broke down. All the way down. I sat there. He left.

Our regular baby doc came in and apologized that the biopsy results have been back for 9 days but somehow they were not keyed in the puter. He asked me what I thought. I told him it reaffirmed all of the negative stereotypes about his backwards, hillbilly state and that I was not surprised as I wanted my baby to be born in texas. He left for 10 minutes. he came back and said that we could get the scan done and read that day so i had it done. I told him that I needed his word that it would be completed that day as I had as much faith in that hospital as a MASH hospital in Jamaica. We see him in the hall and he the apologizes to my wife and I, I then respond "if you had listened to me we would could have avoided this situation altogether.

He gets in my face and says "On behalf on the 2.5 million people of Arkansas I am not changing a dam thing because of what you think, we have a good hospital here" I replied "I have no doubt you believe that".

I left the facility. As some of you know I sometimes have a slight anger management problem. I realized that if I did not find someone to talk to and relieve some stress something bad was going to happen and fast. I went to the chapel and paged a chaplain. I told him what had happened and he thought it was quite bizarre as well. I hung out there, prayed, did some crunches (physical sublimation is good therapy) and chilled for awhile.

I then got control of myself and turned my cell phone back on and there was a voice mail waiting for me. My wife said that she had been paged to the nicu waiting area and she needed to speak to the doc and some social workers. She assumed that I had "done something" and I was in jail somewhere or perhaps acted out. It was a pre scan conference to tell us they were going to put the iv back in her little arm and the anesthesia blah, blah. The doc looked extremely uncomfortable when i would look at him. he walks out and shakes my hand. I crushed his old hand stood up and said, "Don't you ever, ever, curse me in front of my family". My wife says I look intense but she really thought my eyes were going to pop from my head when I told him this. He denied it and I told him I had nothing further for him, I looked at the wall, and pointed at the door where he was heading. He didn't move so I looked at him, pointed at the door, and said "NOW".

He comes back 15 minutes later, apologizes and asks my forgiveness. I tell him that as a Christian I know that the Lord forgives me as forgive other, and that I forgave him, but I was not pleased. My wife is stressed beyond measure and tells the doc "my husband told me that this is a dirtbag hospital in a dirtbag state but I didn't believe him". She just sat there holding her head crying saying how guilty she felt. The doc apologized again to her and I told him that if he would just do his job none of this would happen but when you go to Arkansas you should expect to be treated like trash and my expectations were totally fulfilled.

Doc left with head hung low, I never complimented him. An hour later the results came back clean. We fed her and got her ready for the trip but don't you know it, I have to go to admissions to talk about my bill and sign stuff. I went downstairs and talked to a sweet lady, told her what had happened, and told her I would sign nothing until I spoke to my attorney. She was amazed at my story and wanted me to talk to a patient rep. I told her that I really didn't need any more of that as no one there really cared what went on and I was sure that at a state hospital a doc can do whatever he pleases without recourse.

I went back to get family and a counselor was waiting on me at 5:30. She asked how she could help me. I told her I was farther past help than she could imagine but that she should come back in one hour. If I was still there i would need substantial help.

We left ten minutes later. An RN apologized that she was sorry that my stay had been better and wished there was something she could have done. I told her to listen to her patients parents that just because someone was in Arkansas did not mean that they were a crack or meth head. Doc came after us apologizing. I literally trotted away holding the carseat. I looked behind me and there was some sort of prderly calling my name. I figured that was it. This is where I go to jail. He had to go with us to make sure the kid was in a carseat.

We got out of there and will not return. She is supposed to go back and see the surgeon in a couple months but I will take her to another surgeon in a qanother state who did not do the surgery. I totally lack confidence in the hospitals skills and motivations.

Now you guys understand why it too so long for me to calm down before I made this post.

Ok Surgeon tells me an hour after surgery that the tumor was cystic with nothing inside. This was reaffirmed by the subsequent 2 docs in the nicu, 5 nurse practitioners, and around a dozen nurses. I have been questioning everyone in sight about when the biopsy should be back and they all tell me it is normal to wait a month or two . Ok, maybe this is normal in their world (Arkansas) but it is not the norm in the US.

We were to be released Thursday around noon when a doc we had not yet comes in a and says "The biopsy is back and there were many types of tissue in the tumor including brain tissue, in the brain tissue was a good deal of a rare brain cancer called apendamoma."

He said a full ct scan was in order asap. My wife broke down. All the way down. I sat there. He left.

Our regular baby doc came in and apologized that the biopsy results have been back for 9 days but somehow they were not keyed in the puter. He asked me what I thought. I told him it reaffirmed all of the negative stereotypes about his backwards, hillbilly state and that I was not surprised as I wanted my baby to be born in texas. He left for 10 minutes. he came back and said that we could get the scan done and read that day so i had it done. I told him that I needed his word that it would be completed that day as I had as much faith in that hospital as a MASH hospital in Jamaica. We see him in the hall and he the apologizes to my wife and I, I then respond "if you had listened to me we would could have avoided this situation altogether.

He gets in my face and says "On behalf on the 2.5 million people of Arkansas I am not changing a dam thing because of what you think, we have a good hospital here" I replied "I have no doubt you believe that".

I left the facility. As some of you know I sometimes have a slight anger management problem. I realized that if I did not find someone to talk to and relieve some stress something bad was going to happen and fast. I went to the chapel and paged a chaplain. I told him what had happened and he thought it was quite bizarre as well. I hung out there, prayed, did some crunches (physical sublimation is good therapy) and chilled for awhile.

I then got control of myself and turned my cell phone back on and there was a voice mail waiting for me. My wife said that she had been paged to the nicu waiting area and she needed to speak to the doc and some social workers. She assumed that I had "done something" and I was in jail somewhere or perhaps acted out. It was a pre scan conference to tell us they were going to put the iv back in her little arm and the anesthesia blah, blah. The doc looked extremely uncomfortable when i would look at him. he walks out and shakes my hand. I crushed his old hand stood up and said, "Don't you ever, ever, curse me in front of my family". My wife says I look intense but she really thought my eyes were going to pop from my head when I told him this. He denied it and I told him I had nothing further for him, I looked at the wall, and pointed at the door where he was heading. He didn't move so I looked at him, pointed at the door, and said "NOW".

He comes back 15 minutes later, apologizes and asks my forgiveness. I tell him that as a Christian I know that the Lord forgives me as forgive other, and that I forgave him, but I was not pleased. My wife is stressed beyond measure and tells the doc "my husband told me that this is a dirtbag hospital in a dirtbag state but I didn't believe him". She just sat there holding her head crying saying how guilty she felt. The doc apologized again to her and I told him that if he would just do his job none of this would happen but when you go to Arkansas you should expect to be treated like trash and my expectations were totally fulfilled.

Doc left with head hung low, I never complimented him. An hour later the results came back clean. We fed her and got her ready for the trip but don't you know it, I have to go to admissions to talk about my bill and sign stuff. I went downstairs and talked to a sweet lady, told her what had happened, and told her I would sign nothing until I spoke to my attorney. She was amazed at my story and wanted me to talk to a patient rep. I told her that I really didn't need any more of that as no one there really cared what went on and I was sure that at a state hospital a doc can do whatever he pleases without recourse.

I went back to get family and a counselor was waiting on me at 5:30. She asked how she could help me. I told her I was farther past help than she could imagine but that she should come back in one hour. If I was still there i would need substantial help.

We left ten minutes later. An RN apologized that she was sorry that my stay had been better and wished there was something she could have done. I told her to listen to her patients parents that just because someone was in Arkansas did not mean that they were a crack or meth head. Doc came after us apologizing. I literally trotted away holding the carseat. I looked behind me and there was some sort of prderly calling my name. I figured that was it. This is where I go to jail. He had to go with us to make sure the kid was in a carseat.

We got out of there and will not return. She is supposed to go back and see the surgeon in a couple months but I will take her to another surgeon in a qanother state who did not do the surgery. I totally lack confidence in the hospitals skills and motivations.

Now you guys understand why it too so long for me to calm down before I made this post.

stay strong and yours and everyones prayers will help you thru this

I forgot to add the surgeon said "on the bright side you have had 9 days of bliss, ignorance is bliss"

Unbelievable. What an ordeal, but on the bright side you have your new baby girl and she seems to have come out of this difficult ordeal amazingly well. :D