Sign in to follow this  
wiegie

A huddler family (the Polksalets) needs your prayers

Just talked to Polk.

He seemed overcome with emotion ... all good. The doctors are giving a wonderful prognosis on his little girl. He and his wife are heading back home in about 15 minutes; he said that he though he'd be on tonight to give the full story.

He wanted me to express his gratitude for all the prayers, well wishes, the flowers ... just everything.

BTW, my paypal is

darrenunruh AT yahoo DOT com

I don't think they could ask for more than a good prognosis considering all they have gone through.

Again, muck, anything you hear that they could use in addition to the donations, let us know.

Keep 'em coming. :D

Polk and Polkette will have a 2+hr drive each way to see their little girl ... gasoline costs will be BRUTAL. The early indication is that is what we're going to do with some/most/all of the rest.

Shell has prepaid gas cards.

Great idea, IMO.

Just talked to Polk.

He seemed overcome with emotion ... all good. The doctors are giving a wonderful prognosis on his little girl. He and his wife are heading back home in about 15 minutes; he said that he though he'd be on tonight to give the full story.

He wanted me to express his gratitude for all the prayers, well wishes, the flowers ... just everything.

Still in my prayers... hope all is well. Having gone through months of chemo with my daughter, I spent a lot of time in the hospital. I was able to sleep in the room on a makeshift bed, but all the expense of driving and eating out gets costly. I think the gas cards are a great idea.

:D Good job! And thanks for taking up the collection & getting the flowers!

+1 And again, I'm sorry for inadvertantly sending an e-check. :D I always do direct transfers and I have no idea how I did that. The continued fund is an awesome idea. And of course, the prayers are still coming.

We are home. Everything is going better than we could have possibly imagined. I am felling a little freaky from lack of sleep and anxiety but we are well. I appreciate you guys more than I can say. I will pen an incredible stroy tomorrow and post it here.

Night

We are home. Everything is going better than we could have possibly imagined. I am felling a little freaky from lack of sleep and anxiety but we are well. I appreciate you guys more than I can say. I will pen an incredible stroy tomorrow and post it here.

Night

God Bless, Polk.

(Try to get a good night's rest--we'll keep praying while you sleep.)

:D

Night

Peace Polk. Having gone through something like this with a happy ending, it's great to hear those words. Our prayers are with you.

Night

Good to hear. Continued good wishes for your family.

Edited by Puddy

Night

Thank goodness, great news Polk!

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: polksalet, wiegie

go to bed, polk

I"m glad to hear that things are going as well as can be hoped Polk. :D

Muck,

Check your email.

Polky,

My best wishes and prayers are still coming. Hang in there, bro!

I can't imagine anything more heart wrenching than an issue like this with your children. I am so glad that things have turned around like this.

Donation sent!!

Continuing prayers to you and your family Polk.

Muck, thanks and funds sent.

Prayers will continue. Donation coming to Muck. This is a hearbreaking story, but it is touching reading these responses too. This is a great place for Fantasy Football, but more importantly it is a classy place.