[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Utah Jazz....

BigMikeinNY

The Jazz have everything a team needs to beat the Spurs. They have one of the best young starting point gaurds in the league. They have a top 5 Power Forward. They have a great bench and they have a handful of top notch veterans.

With Okur playing 20 feet away from the basket, he will able to stractch out the dee, the Jazz are really going to be able to dominate the glass again for the 3rd straight series.

If AK47 continues to play like he did last year, the Jazz will win this series.

This post isn't here to start arguements or get under peoples' skins. I just REALLY believe that the Jazz are going to beat San Antonio.

GO UTAH

Edited by BigMikeinNY

Good luck Mike.

I see the Spurs beating them but I see a decent series. The Spurs are just able to settle down in the end of games and close teams out.

I will say this...if they do beat the Spurs..despite me being a die hard Pistons fan..I think they would win it all.

The West is just stronger this year(as they have been in recent years).and there is no Miami Heat (of last year)coming out of the East this year.

Well, I'm a Jazz fan, but, I'm not quite as optimistic as you. I sure do hope that you are right though. I would be surprised if this series didn't go 6 or 7 games though.

Go Jazz !!!! :D

Not looking great today, but, the Jazz are very scrappy....

Edited by Menudo

I'm extremely biased but see the Spurs in 5. They will win two at home, lose the first in Utah, come back from the loss to win in Utah (as they do time after time), and close it out at home.

And yes, this was my prediction before yesterday's game.

The only way I see the Jazz keeping this series close is if they can stop Parker from penetrating into the lane. He abused Williams in game 1. Williams was a great matchup against Baron Davis because he could use his strength to keep Baron from pushing him around. Parker was far too quick for Williams in game 1, however. Not a good matchup for the Jazz, at least on defense. Not sure if Fisher could do a better job, but they need to find a way to stop the lane penetration by Parker.

Jazz over the Spurs? uh negative. If they win 2 games I will be surprised.

This baby is over in 5, and really was over before it even started. Baby steps- a nice season for da Jazz but they have a long way to go.

I dont see Utah beating SA this yr.

On local radio today the hosts broke down Utah and Dallas player for player and Id trade teams with Utah right now. Utah is on there way to being a legit powerhouse in the West. But they are too young and dont have any playoff experience from their main guys, Boozer, AK 47, and D Williams. This team is going to be dominant for years to come.

Utah is at worst the #4 team in the west for years to come. The only 3 teams I can see that would give them trouble are SA, Dallas and Phoenix, and Im not so sure Phoenix would beat them in a 7 game series. And unless Dallas gets a real point guard Utah would probably take them in a 7 game series as well. Which leaves San Antonio who is more exerienced and Tim Duncan is the best player in the league, right now. Some would say Houstont took them to 7 games in round 1, but Utah is in their infancy right now, and still beat Houston.

Utah hardly has a long way to go, LMMFAO, Shows again how little you know. Just shut up dude, you are making yourself look ignorant AGAIN.

I dont see Utah beating SA this yr.

On local radio today the hosts broke down Utah and Dallas player for player and Id trade teams with Utah right now. Utah is on there way to being a legit powerhouse in the West. But they are too young and dont have any playoff experience from their main guys, Boozer, AK 47, and D Williams. This team is going to be dominant for years to come.

Utah is at worst the #4 team in the west for years to come. The only 3 teams I can see that would give them trouble are SA, Dallas and Phoenix, and Im not so sure Phoenix would beat them in a 7 game series. And unless Dallas gets a real point guard Utah would probably take them in a 7 game series as well. Which leaves San Antonio who is more exerienced and Tim Duncan is the best player in the league, right now. Some would say Houstont took them to 7 games in round 1, but Utah is in their infancy right now, and still beat Houston.

Utah hardly has a long way to go, LMMFAO, Shows again how little you know. Just shut up dude, you are making yourself look ignorant AGAIN.

::D blowhard.....

yeah got one thing right- they are on their way to being potentially good. NOW? not even close to being on the same level as PHOE/DAL/SA -

Big difference between their year this year, and being able to take the next step and be a legit contender. Boozer & DW are a nice combo, AK47? ehh- disappears way too many times and needs to get consistent. Good young ball club, but a few years away from being a legit contender IMO.

They caught a break with GS upsetting yer Mavs- and got the WCF- well done.

::D blowhard.....

yeah got one thing right- they are on their way to being potentially good. NOW? not even close to being on the same level as PHOE/DAL/SA -

Big difference between their year this year, and being able to take the next step and be a legit contender. Boozer & DW are a nice combo, AK47? ehh- disappears way too many times and needs to get consistent. Good young ball club, but a few years away from being a legit contender IMO.

potentially being good, W ..T...F.... are you talking about. Ak 47 was in the doghouse all yr, but when the playoffs started, he got more playing time and has excelled. Id take the Jazz right now in Dallas, over the Mavericks. I love my team, but Utah will surpass them soon. Hell they already have this playoffs. Id bet if Dallas somehow got past GS, Utah would still be in the WCF this yr.

::tup: blowhard.....

Doesn't making the Conference Championship game, regardless of what excuses you want to use for them being there, make them a legit contender this year ? :D

Now, go back to arguing with Sgt. Ryan. The two of you are very open-minded individuals, who really listen to other's arguments and don't just push out your own opinions as facts, and don't get angry at anyone with an opposing opinion, so, I'm shocked that the two of you don't get along better. :D

Edited by Menudo

Doesn't making the Conference Championship game, regardless of what excuses you want to use for them being there, make them a legit contender this year ? :D

Now, go back to arguing with Sgt. Ryan. The two of you are very open-minded individuals, who really listen to other's arguments and don't just push out your own opinions as facts, so, I'm shocked that the two of you don't get along better. :D

Well, that may be true, but Im always right. That is the difference. :tup:

I think that the Jazz have an outside chance to win tonight. If nothing else, I think they'll keep it much closer than last game. I had the Spurs -6.5 for Game 1 and boy did it end up close. If the refs didn't blow off that final garbage heave by Okur, they would have lost by 6 and I would have put my fist through a door. Same line for this game, but I went with the Jazz and the points. I think they'll keep it close, but lose. 94-90 tonight.

as evidenced by watching this series- uh negative. Utah is NOT a legit contender, they are getting schooled. They may win 1 game at home, but the Jazz are completely overmatched by SA. They are fortunate to be in the WCF- and they had an excellent season.

as evidenced by watching this series- uh negative. Utah is NOT a legit contender, they are getting schooled. They may win 1 game at home, but the Jazz are completely overmatched by SA. They are fortunate to be in the WCF- and they had an excellent season.

You are right, they aren't going to beat San Antonio, and they are getting schooled, but, making the final four makes them a contender in my book.

We argue about everything else, why not make "what makes a team a contender ?" another entry on the list. :D

Must win tonight to build off an impressive Game 3 if the Jazz want any chance to win this series. It looks like DW is healthy enough to play.

:D LETS GO JAZZ !!!! :tup::D:doh:

Edited by Menudo