[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry fails drug test

Sox

He probably does care but is too strung out to control what he does, thinks he won't be caught or has friends who are not good influences on him.

It is sad.

Why is it sad? He made the choice to smoke, get in trouble and ruin his career. Give some other kid (who is clean) the oppurtunity to play in the league.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it sad? He made the choice to smoke, get in trouble and ruin his career. Give some other kid (who is clean) the oppurtunity to play in the league.

Some people, even though they know it's wrong and want to stop, can't. They lack the strength of character and will to stop. If that's him, then it's sad. If he just doesn't give a crap, then it's not sad.

If you re-read the link, now it seems as if there's conflicting information, that he may NOT have failed the test after all. Seems as if the sheriff was TOLD he failed, testing positive for opiates, but the test actually came back negative...

It's sad because he isn't in control of his own life.

+1. Exactly right.

It's sad because he isn't in control of his own life.

Sure he is. How is he not? Did someone hold him down and force drugs into him?

Sure he is. How is he not? Did someone hold him down and force drugs into him?

+1 Exactly right. Personal responsibility for your actions. You are dead on, even though this notion is quite contrary to the side you're usually on over in the Tailgate. I wonder if they gave you a going away party when you left the Victim Party.

AJ Nicholson was a bad draft choice.

It's been argued that Chris Henry was a bad draft choice, but most forget the only knock on him when he was DRAFTED was that he didn't get along w/ coaches. I'm not defending the actions since, I'm just saying he wasn't doing nearly the chit he has since draft day

I think the Bengals should've cut Nicholson the day he was arrested. Rules be damned. Let the NFLPA file a greivance on that ass.hole's behalf, then Goodel can deal with them. He was a bubble player at best, it's worth this action to make a point.

If this is true about Henry (despite his being a loser, it is a rather important point whether this story is true), then I think they should cut him the next day. Same as above. Don't wait for the league, don't wait for legal proceedings. Just cut him and get on w/ life. I'd miss his skill, but I"d be fine if they cut him anyway, and avoided the circus that's still gonna surround the Bengals this year.

Hold the phone fellas.

The story has changed.

The Kenton County Attorney now says his office has conflicting information on drug test results involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry.

Earlier today, Garry Edmondson said Henry had failed a court-ordered drug test, adding that Henry tested positive for opiates.

Edmondson indicated it would force Henry to serve up to 88 days in the Kenton County jail.

Edmondson says one test came back negative. He says results of another test are pending. He would not say who told him the test was positive.

I post something derogatory about him, but I rather try to understand his mindset.

How in the hell does someone who is in a position to earn millions of dollars playing a game he loves, and knowing that he's already under the microscope of a new commish who is enforcing behavior rules zealously, put himself in a position to be banned from the game for an extended period of time to possibly never playing again? I seriously just don't understand that mentality. Could someone explain it to me in terms that an 8th grader can understand?

You can take the man out of the ghetto but can't take the ghetto out of the man.

Little more...

Ken Easterling, a Kenton County prosecutor, today said initial results indicated that Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry failed a drug test.

However, Easterling stressed that Kenton County is awaiting final analysis from the Kentucky state lab.

"We cannot confirm or deny (Henry's test sample) contains a controlled substance," he said.

How do you announce someone has failed a drug test, but then you can't confirm or deny whether or not there were any controled substances in the test? :D

Link was updated at 1:52, and now it states:

"Edmondson says one test came back negative. He says results of another test are pending. He would not say who told him the test was positive. "

So let me get this straight...this tool Edmondson goes public that Henry tested positive for opiates, then reveals the test came back negative, but won't reveal who told him it was positive?

Perhaps they should test Edmondson for opiates? :D

The official word of the Bengals sure makes it sound like its bogus (as Henry's agent is also claiming)

This afternoon, the Bengals released this statement:

"For Chris Henry to return playing NFL football, the Bengals understand that he must comply with certain legal and NFL-related procedures. To date, to the Club’s knowledge, Chris has been complying with those procedures, and the Club is not aware at this point of any circumstance in which Chris has not complied with his obligations.

"With respect to the Northern Kentucky proceedings, reports to date may not be based on complete information. More information is expected to be made available shortly, once all the procedural tests are complete, and the Club will await any action until that information has been released."

On a related note, who takes his spot in the lineup? CIN has a plethora of untested/unproven guys after CJ & Housh. I'd have to think Perry would get dibs right now...

Yeah. the way I understand it(after reading a Marv Lewis blog) Tab Perry has the job until Henry gets back but there is no guarentee that he (Henry)gets his job back from Perry even then.

After living with one addict and having my brothjer another it became clear they weren't in charge. The drug was their true love and while people can say thay made that choice they really didn't make it freely.

When I said they weren't in charge of their own lives that is what I meant. There are of course more addictions than drugs or alcohol. Gambling is one and there are many others.

5 of the most current 11 threads going are about criminal behavior. Not one of these threads talks about the impact on the field. This forum shouldn't have close to half of it dedicated to the criminal lives of football players.

I'm sorry, but who the hell are you to tell other people what they should and shouldn't post on this board? If you don't like the posts, don't fu@king read them.

As long as these threads are about current or former NFL players, I don't see how they're inappropriate.

Clearly you have an agenda. You push that agenda strongly. I am totally cool with you pushing your political views in the Tailgate. But when we have to incessantly hear about them here, it's inappropriate.

I have an agenda? Who was the one who brought up attacks on Demcrats and Bill Clinton in this thread? It sure as hell wasn't me. Did I even say anything political in this thread? No.

In case you hadn't noticed, another person in this thread uses both his avatar and signature to promote HIS agenda. No matter where he posts, he's pushing his political agenda. But you've conveniently ignore that for some reason. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Page 2 of this thread was turning into a Democrat/Republican cat fight. "The Victim Party" and "The Blind Stereotyping Party". That had nothing to do with you, in fact, my first post had nothing to do with you. But of course, you took offense at my mocking of this debate (heaven forbid anyone mock Republicans, if even in jest), and responded "are you incorrectly arguing that only Republicans don't like thug pro athletes?" That was a political statement on your part.

Yeah, after the fact. :D

My apologies for not seeing the sarcasm in your original post. Unlike you, I didn't bother reading the immature political back-and-forth on the second page.

Dude will be broke in 2 yrs, if he isnt already. He wont have the NFL, or probably his freedom in 24 months either. Hope he likes Bubba, or flipping burgers, because that is his future.

You honestly think Chris henry would get a job flippin' burgers? No way! He'll be hangin' with his posse selling drugs, then probably end up in jail or dead. What a waste is right on!

So does anyone know if he really tested positive or not? :D

The latest from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

Henry faces suspension again

Drug test results should be done by week's end

BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

Last Updated: 11:31 am | Tuesday, May 22, 2007

E-mail thisE-mail | Printer-FriendlyPrint | digg us! | del.icio.us!

Kenton County prosecutors are awaiting final results of a drug test by Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry being analyzed by a Kentucky state lab.

Initial results showed that Henry failed the test.

The report is expected to be completed and returned to Kenton County by the end of the week, said Ken Easterling, an assistant Kenton County prosecutor.

ADVERTISEMENT

A positive test would mean a third violation of the league substance-abuse policy for Henry. That violation carries a one-year suspension.

Henry has Josh Gordon possession and alcohol-related convictions on his record.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has already suspended Henry for the first eight games of the 2007 season under guidelines of the league's new, tougher personal conduct policy.

That suspension was announced in April.

Another suspension could eliminate Henry for 24 games, until the middle of the 2008 season.

- :D 24 games. Yeah, like anyone would ever come back after two seasons off.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Looks like the prosecutor threw Henry under the bus to get his name in print and on TV.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../705220372/1022

Rumor has it that he tested positive for opiates which can happen from just eating a hamburger with poppy seeds in the bun.Once this test comes positive,the sample is sent back for further testing which will determine if it was something ordinary eaten,or actual drug use.Apparently,the one sample came back negative.Edmondson (the prosecutor) has sent the second sample for testing,no doubt praying that it comes back positive so he doesn't look like a headline grabbing Megan Fox.

Henry is a major league screw-up,but to notify TV stations and newspapers before checking on your facts makes Edmondson look foolish.

Guys,I posted this story when it broke,and left for work.I had no idea it was (probably) false,and assumed it was true.If it is false,my apologies.

Edited by Sox