Sign in to follow this  
TDFFFreak

Starcraft 2

http://www.starcraft2.com/

I'm not that big of a gamer anymore, but I have to say the first Starcraft may go down as my favorite all time computer game. I was excited to see that they are now working on Starcraft 2 as they announced it in South Korea. (South Koreans are rabidly fanatical about Starcraft.)

Anyone else a big fan of this series?

I'm not that big of a gamer anymore, but I have to say the first Starcraft may go down as my favorite all time computer game. I was excited to see that they are now working on Starcraft 2 as they announced it in South Korea. (South Koreans are rabidly fanatical about Starcraft.)

i used t play it at warcraft a lot... not anymore

I played it for awhile until I jumped over to Age of Empires and then got addicted to that.

I'll probably get it. The original was awesome.

I was excited to see that they are now working on Starcraft 2 as they announced it in South Korea. (South Koreans are rabidly fanatical about Starcraft.)

Those wacky Korean's play it professionally and televise the contests. Very cool game, very robust, bug free, and performs well on most systems.

I'll definitely get it when its released.

Stuck on Rome:Total War right now.

I have been playing Dawn of War these days. RTS based on the Warhammer 40k universe. Great friggin game. Starcraft 2 will have to bring a lot to the table to get me to make the switch. And those Koreans love them some Starcraft.

I just looked at the screens and....meh. Hokey and childish looking. Still only 3 playable races compared to 7 in DoW. Check out the screens on this site and you'll see. Looks like Blizzard is still sinking its research dollars into WoW still...

I have been playing Dawn of War these days. RTS based on the Warhammer 40k universe. Great friggin game. Starcraft 2 will have to bring a lot to the table to get me to make the switch. And those Koreans love them some Starcraft.

+1. Excellent game, I play it online with a buddy all the time.

+1. Excellent game, I play it online with a buddy all the time.

Which race? I only just found ouot about it so online I'm stuck with Tau or Necron. I played Eldar on TT so theyre my prefered race but I am forced to used Tau (since everyone slams you for playing imba Necron).

Blizzard knows it doesn't have to release much to sell this game. The original StarCraft still has a strong following.

I absolutely LOVED the first one (especially the brood war expansion), and cannot wait until this one comes out.

Which race? I only just found ouot about it so online I'm stuck with Tau or Necron. I played Eldar on TT so theyre my prefered race but I am forced to used Tau (since everyone slams you for playing imba Necron).

We've been playing it since the first incarnation through both expansions. I generally set the race to random so you get any one of the 7. I prefer Space Marines though.

Edited by Bonehand

I've been playing Company of Heroese which may be the best RTS game out IMO.

Another great game, the graphics, detail, and unit variation and options are simply tremendous. It ended up falling out of my personal heavy rotation though, due to the fact that the games tend to run too long. We can get in 3 or 4 games of DoW in the amount of time it takes to play one game of CoH.

Edited by Bonehand