[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes season finale

Grits and Shins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see that coming.

Next season we meet the guy that is worse than Sylar that can see Molly when she sees him.

Yea, me either.......and is Sylar really dead?? they showed the blood trail to the sewer right before the end of "Volume One"

And what I don't understand is that if Peter can absorb powers, and Nathan has been around his brother for most of the season, why couldn't Peter just fly off and explode. Why did Nathan have to fly him?? :D

My daughter was disappointed that Peter was dead and asked me if he would be returning next season ... uhmm ... not sure how he could ... he was the center of a nuclear explosion I have to believe there is nothing left of him to regenerate. I must admit I will miss Peter, the man of many powers next season.

And, yes, you do have to wonder why Peter couldn't simply have flown himself into orbit before exploding. Perhaps he couldn't hold the wavering control over the nuclear power AND exercise his ability to fly at the same time?

Nathan, Peter, Sylar, Linderman and Noah's old boss ... all dead ... how's that for a season finale?

And did you find Sylar's death a bit too easy and anti-climatic?

Edited by Grits and Shins

And did you find Sylar's death a bit too easy and anti-climatic?

Very much so.......Sylar can hear the sound of multiple gun shots at him, and while he's dealing with Peter, stop, turn, stop the bullets, and hurl them back at Parkman, but Hiro shows up, points the sword at Sylar, and run's 15 feet towards him and stabs him........yea, right....... :D

And what I don't understand is that if Peter can absorb powers, and Nathan has been around his brother for most of the season, why couldn't Peter just fly off and explode. Why did Nathan have to fly him?? :D

Or, why not just fly him out over the ocean and drop him?

My daughter was disappointed that Peter was dead and asked me if he would be returning next season ... uhmm ... not sure how he could ... he was the center of a nuclear explosion I have to believe there is nothing left of him to regenerate. I must admit I will miss Peter, the man of many powers next season.

You forget... in the future episode, the explosion was attributed to him, yet he was still alive.

I'd say it would be very unlikely that he wouldn't be back.

i think he had to be flown out because he couldn't control his powers at the time ... i guess this is consistent with the dude he got the powers from, because he couldn't control his as well.

i thought it would have been great if hiro was standing with the sword in one frame and then in the next, it was through the back of sylar's head, implying a time phase. ando made the comment that hiro was faster than sylar, but i would have thought that hiro needed his powers to kill him vs. just running up and stabbing him ... unless there was a time phase in there, but it didn't look like it.

volume 2 will be interesting. with the threat of new york exploding gone, we will need a new one. unfortunately, the series now slips into the "keep them hooked mode while we pump out the episodes" vs. one that felt like it was going somewhere.

Or, why not just fly him out over the ocean and drop him?

You forget... in the future episode, the explosion was attributed to him, yet he was still alive.

I'd say it would be very unlikely that he wouldn't be back.

In the future episode Sylar was the President of the US AFTER the nuclear explosion had gone off. Sylar is dead and the explosion didn't happen ... I'd say that none of the events in that future time line will necessarily hold true.

About Sylar's death being too easy - My husband's first comment at the end was that he must not be dead and that he'll be next season's bad guy again. But I think next season will be able the really bad guy that Molly mentioned. Maybe they'll pull a Stargate and bring Sylar back in a few years?

And based on the future episode where Peter said he caused the explosion, yet he was still there to talk about it, I have to wonder if we'll see him next season or not.

Damn... When does the next season start?

About Sylar's death being too easy - My husband's first comment at the end was that he must not be dead and that he'll be next season's bad guy again. But I think next season will be able the really bad guy that Molly mentioned. Maybe they'll pull a Stargate and bring Sylar back in a few years?

And based on the future episode where Peter said he caused the explosion, yet he was still there to talk about it, I have to wonder if we'll see him next season or not.

Damn... When does the next season start?

You guys are placing too much on that peek at the future we got. Everything in that future is predicated on an explosion that did not happen. Nothing seen in that episode should be assumed to be true.

IMO it would be very weak to bring Peter back ... surely the nuclear explosion scattered his atoms too wide for there to be anything left to regenerate. Exactly which atom would initiate the regeneration ... or would they all initiate the regeneration?

IMO it would be very weak to bring Peter back ... surely the nuclear explosion scattered his atoms too wide for there to be anything left to regenerate. Exactly which atom would initiate the regeneration ... or would they all initiate the regeneration?

it could be like terminator 2 where his atoms all crawl around to find each other and slowly his body is regenerated ...

You guys are placing too much on that peek at the future we got. Everything in that future is predicated on an explosion that did not happen. Nothing seen in that episode should be assumed to be true.

True, the future we saw in the future episode obviously hasn't happened. But it still begs the question - How did he survive THAT explosion? Exploding is exploding, right? If he survived the one in that timeline, why not this one, too?

BTW, how did Ted survive the fire that he caused in Bennett's house? Did they ever address that?

Peter and Nathan aren't dead.

Hypothesis for bringing the Petrelli boys back next season:

Nathan played the role of shuttle rocket booster lifting Peter high in the sky, before flying away to a safe distance so Peter could explode.

Ted wasn't hurt by his powers in the Bennet-family hostage episode where the house blew up (Vicky just beat me to this point) , so Peter won't be hurt by his explosion. After he explodes, he'll be free to fly - or even if he's knocked out, he will heal after crash landing back to Earth.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I continue to find the Peter vs. Sylar battles to be weak. Jeebus, Peter has every other character come in to take a shot while he stands around helplessly choking.

And what's up with the Cockroach at the end? Does Sylar become sewer-dwelling bug man?

I fear next season will not be nearly as good as I hoped.

Ted did not blow up in the Bennett house. His body was going nuclear but was stopped prior to that.

The actual mechanics of the explosion that occurred in the future time line that we glimpsed are not known. The President in that time line Sylar as Nathan laid the blame at Peter's feet but as I recall it wasn't Peter. Sylar could have initiated the explosion without exploding himself.

Obviously the creators of the series can do whatever they like but I believe it will be very weak to reconstruct Peter and/or Nathan after Peter so clearly exploded. I suppose the only possible explanation is that the body itself does not explode as much as it expels nuclear energy.

The actual mechanics of the explosion that occurred in the future time line that we glimpsed are not known. The President in that time line Sylar as Nathan laid the blame at Peter's feet but as I recall it wasn't Peter. Sylar could have initiated the explosion without exploding himself.

You must have missed a couple minutes in the future episode. They blamed Sylar, but it was revealed that Peter actually did the exploding, and he was still alive.

I suppose the only possible explanation is that the body itself does not explode as much as it expels nuclear energy.

Releasing energy is how Ted worked. He was always releasing energy in his hands in early episodes - they showed Sylar doing the same thing last episode. Peter just hadn't figured out how to control the power that way.

Nathan and Peter fly off to a spec in the sky and a few seconds later, we see a flash. In a Sci-Fi/ Fantasy series, you don't know anything unless they show it too you.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Peter and Nathan aren't dead.

Hypothesis for bringing the Petrelli boys back next season:

Nathan played the role of shuttle rocket booster lifting Peter high in the sky, before flying away to a safe distance so Peter could explode.

Ted wasn't hurt by his powers in the Bennet-family hostage episode where the house blew up (Vicky just beat me to this point) , so Peter won't be hurt by his explosion. After he explodes, he'll be free to fly - or even if he's knocked out, he will heal after crash landing back to Earth.

This is pretty much how I have it pegged. If anything, they kill of Nathan but IMO there's no way they kill off Peter. The whole back to the past sequence last night tells me that Peter will be around for quite some time and could possibly end up being the "leader".

but why not stab sylar through the head vs. the heart? he can regenerate too, so a stab in the heart shouldn't stop him. and hiro should have used his time phase ability to kill him vs. just running up.

the show just has way too many variables in place ... so much so that there will always be tons of questions like this. with so many heroes and so many abilities, and then heroes who can absorb other heroes powers, and then throwing in alternate timelines, it's a masterful job they did this year keeping things somewhat follow-able. no idea how they get it going next year and if they keep adding new heroes to keep it as fresh as it was this season, it will get harder and harder to manage.

but why not stab sylar through the head vs. the heart? he can regenerate too, so a stab in the heart shouldn't stop him. and hiro should have used his time phase ability to kill him vs. just running up.

the show just has way too many variables in place ... so much so that there will always be tons of questions like this. with so many heroes and so many abilities, and then heroes who can absorb other heroes powers, and then throwing in alternate timelines, it's a masterful job they did this year keeping things somewhat follow-able. no idea how they get it going next year and if they keep adding new heroes to keep it as fresh as it was this season, it will get harder and harder to manage.

Where did Sylar get the ability to regenerate?

I don't think he did. It could be possible that Hiro just missed all of his vital organs when he stabbed him. :D

He at the least got stabbed through a lung. I don't know how they justify him still being around - unless someone dragged him down that manhole and heals him.

Where did Sylar get the ability to regenerate?

does he absorb new powers through peter? since peter can do it, i figured he could do it.

i also think linderman is still alive ... given his healing abilities. maybe he's the one who can see molly.

edited to add: which could then mean linderman is the one to heal sylar ...

Edited by tonorator

unless someone dragged him down that manhole and heals him.

I think you nailed it. The "boogey man" character may have done that.

does he absorb new powers through peter? since peter can do it, i figured he could do it.

i also think linderman is still alive ... given his healing abilities. maybe he's the one who can see molly.

I think he has to chop their heads off in order to gain their powers.

Edited by twiley

I don't see how Linderman could still be alive ... unless you are pre-supposing that his power is the same as Claire's + he can heal others. That was a pretty significant size hole in the back of his head and in his gray matter.