[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes season finale

Grits and Shins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both Sylar and Linderman are dead and the boogey man that sees Molly when she sees him is a mutant we haven't met yet.

As I recall Molly made a distinction between the boogey man and the really bad one that sees her when she sees him. In addition if Sylar knew about Molly's existence I believe he would have made it his first priority to steal her power as it would greatly aide him in his quest to find other mutants.

I think both Sylar and Linderman are dead and the boogey man that sees Molly when she sees him is a mutant we haven't met yet.

As I recall Molly made a distinction between the boogey man and the really bad one that sees her when she sees him. In addition if Sylar knew about Molly's existence I believe he would have made it his first priority to steal her power as it would greatly aide him in his quest to find other mutants.

+1 - winner, winner, chicken dinner. Unless Claire's adoptive father ('call me Noah') turns out to be a very stealthy badd guy, we haven't met him yet. And if there's anything to a name, Noah is a righteous dude, not a baddy.

I already asked a few Qs in the other thread, but I'll voice some opinions here too.

Thinking about the writers' heavy-handed use of 'love' and 'heart' for the whole hour, Peter and Nathan both made the ultimate sacrifice, as truly selfless heroes. Peter was destined for that, I suppose, while Nathan turned his dark destiny around, as a final act of redemption. Hopefully Grandma crawls into a hole and dies now too, but I have a feeling she'll be back, and pretty pissed too.

How much of the focus will be on Hiro's time travel from now on? Looks like a lot...

As I recall Molly made a distinction between the boogey man and the really bad one that sees her when she sees him.

Right. Sylar is the Boogey Man. We don't really know for sure who is worse than Sylar or if we've met him yet.

Since instead of showing Sylar's body, we see a blood trail leading to the sewer, you can guarantee that Sylar will be back in some form.

Lindermann is dead. The brain is the center for the powers, and much of his was removed in DL's fist. This seems like a permanent death (like Sylar cutting up brains) as compared to Peter and Claire having a item stuck in their head.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

In the future episode Sylar was the President of the US AFTER the nuclear explosion had gone off. Sylar is dead and the explosion didn't happen ... I'd say that none of the events in that future time line will necessarily hold true.

Exploding is exploding, right? If he survived the one in that timeline, why not this one, too?

Exactly... I mean, anything is possible because it's a dang TV show... but although the events change from the future, it would be weird if the physics of the Heroes world changed.

Edited by AtomicCEO

peter is the "heart" of the show (as emphasized in the finale). can't believe he isn't back next season ... unless milo just has too many movies to do and can't fit in the show. nathan needs to return as well as he gives us the political tie in.

even though linderman's head was ripped apart, i'm still not convinced he's dead. his handlers could end up finding him and doing some kind of voodoo that lets him heal himself. i'll give it up that eric roberts is toast.

very disappointing ending in terms of a showdown. ali whacking sylar with a parking meter and peter just punching him a few times in the face. hiro stabbing lame. cgi budget tapped for the season perhaps? this should have been a rip-roaring battle that let it all hang out before nathan swoops in to save the day. and there was seemingly no reaction to the fact that sylar disappears into the sewer. wouldn't they secure him once he was down? maybe shoot him in the head a few times for good measure?

this did not generate any enthusiasm for next season. could care less about hiro of the past.

Pure speculation:

Why is Hiro in the 1600's in Samuri country?

Because he is going to meet his father who is the legendary owner of the sword and who is MUCH MUCH older then he looks ... i.e. his power is longevity.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Pure speculation:

Because he is going to meet his father who is the legendary owner of the sword and who is MUCH MUCH older then he looks ... i.e. his power is longevity.

I have thought for a while now that his father might actually be Kensei.

Pure speculation:

Damn good theory.

Finally watched the finale. You all make alot of great points. Overall, not a bad ending but they could have done alot more with it with the final battle as many have said. I'm really looking forward to next year to see where they go to next.

Pure speculation:

That would be cool, but remember that Mr. Nakamura stated that he was surprised that Hiro had ascended/had power. If he met him in the past, he would have known his son had power.

I hope this is where Hiro really learns swordplay instead of that 15 minutes in a loft.

That would be cool, but remember that Mr. Nakamura stated that he was surprised that Hiro had ascended/had power. If he met him in the past, he would have known his son had power.

I hope this is where Hiro really learns swordplay instead of that 15 minutes in a loft.

It is possible that after 400 years the memory is a little fuzzy on which of his future sons travels back in time ...

And I speculated that Hiro made a pocket of time to learn sword play that extended beyond 15 minutes.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Peter explodes out from his body so he is not hurt from the blast. He will be back.

Nathan is not dead ... He can fly at supersonic speed and does so to clear the blast area. He will be back.

Skler is currently dead ... but is he going to be healed? He will be back????

Edited by Kansas State 2000

Pure speculation:

Cool, but what happens when Hiro (or his dad) runs into the Highlander? 'There can be only one'... :D

finally got to watch it.

linderman. he heals himself. i think he is also nathan and peter's father still ...

did we ever see linderman heal himself? i only recall him healing others. i thought that was his power -- healing others, not necessarily himself. and my bet is he's dead.

In addition if Sylar knew about Molly's existence I believe he would have made it his first priority to steal her power as it would greatly aide him in his quest to find other mutants.

sylar did know about molly. in the first or second episode, when we meet matt parkman, they're at molly's house, and parkman can hear her in his mind, calling for help. molly's parents are pinned to the wall, dead, from sylar impaling them with objects. parkman gets the name sylar from reading the fbi chick's thoughts. then later, back at the fbi building, they're questioning parkman when sylar breaks in and tries again to kidnap the girl. sylar knew about her from suresh's father's list, but i don't think he knew what her power was.

Pure speculation:

i wonder if it's hiro who becomes kensei (or whatever that guy's name is). it could be some weird time-travel thing where the hero who hiro idolizes is actually ... himself!

however, i do think that "generations" probably refers to finding out about heroes through the centuries, leading up to linderman and the petrelli parents, hiro's dad, the "company," etc.

finally got to watch it.

did we ever see linderman heal himself? i only recall him healing others. i thought that was his power -- healing others, not necessarily himself. and my bet is he's dead.

sylar did know about molly. in the first or second episode, when we meet matt parkman, they're at molly's house, and parkman can hear her in his mind, calling for help. molly's parents are pinned to the wall, dead, from sylar impaling them with objects. parkman gets the name sylar from reading the fbi chick's thoughts. then later, back at the fbi building, they're questioning parkman when sylar breaks in and tries again to kidnap the girl. sylar knew about her from suresh's father's list, but i don't think he knew what her power was.

i wonder if it's hiro who becomes kensei (or whatever that guy's name is). it could be some weird time-travel thing where the hero who hiro idolizes is actually ... himself!

however, i do think that "generations" probably refers to finding out about heroes through the centuries, leading up to linderman and the petrelli parents, hiro's dad, the "company," etc.

Sylar may have known of Molly's existence but I don't believe he knew her power or she would have been priority one.

Now this is the best theory I've heard yet. They didn't show us the kensei's face.

Could the Petrelli's mom possibly be the one that sees Molly. She's got have have some power that we are unaware of so far. She's seems in control, and now that Linderman is dead, I think her roll will become greater in the next Volume.