[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is some interesting stuff in here--Pew survey of Muslims in the US

wiegie

"Overall, 68% of Muslim Americans

view al Qaeda either very unfavorably (58%) or

somewhat unfavorably (10%). Of the rest, a

large proportion (27%) declined to express an

opinion on the terrorist group, while just 5% of

Muslims in the U.S. have a very (1%) or

somewhat (4%) favorable view of al Qaeda."

Hmmm. al Qaeda's goal is to destroy America and all Americans, and only 68% of Muslim Americans view al Qaeda unfavorably? :D

Hmmm. al Qaeda's goal is to destroy America and all Americans, and only 68% of Muslim Americans view al Qaeda unfavorably? :D

Hmmm. 68% of Americans are afraid to express their opinion about international politics for fear of retribution. :D

This has nothing to do with Bilbo or Frodo. I'm not even sure that they are part of the equation.

Frodo is not in their plans for their new society? :D Well, now I am worried. :D

Edited by wiegie

Hey wedgie... what exactly do you find interesting? I didn't have to read the report and I was spot on... as usual.

How about these fragments:

...many doubt that Arabs were responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Just 40% of Muslim Americans say groups of Arabs carried out those attacks.

More than half of US muslims... do you get this?

And by nearly two-to-one (63%-32%) Muslim Americans do not see a conflict between being a devout Muslim and living in a modern society.

So one third of muslims do have a problem being a devote muslim and, well you know, living here in a free Society. :D

What does that lead to?

* 63% lean towards Democrats (big surpise :tup:)

* 59% think Government should do more to regulate "morality"

* 47% think of themselves as Muslims first not Americans

* 13% said suicide bombings on civilian targets could be justified - 26% amongst younger Muslims. :D out of 2Mill in the USA...

* 42% said there was a conflict between their faith and modern life

This isn't a poll taken in some *stan, this is right here in the Good o'USA.

Question: Suicide bombing can be justified...

...Often 8%

...Sometimes 83%

...Rarely/Never 9%

Support for suicide bombing is strongest amongst native-born Muslims (87%) and 'weakest' amongst foreign-born Arab Muslims (78%).

WELCOME TO AMERICA M00SLIMS!!!! :doh:

This is intersting, sometimes witty read:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/227473.php

USAToday: Poll: Most Muslims seek to adopt American lifestyle

Wow! "Most!" Awesome!

Personally, I'm a little bit more worried about the 26% of young Muslim males who want to kill me, but it's good to know that "most Muslims" seek to adopt the "American lifestyle." (Which may or may not involve killing Americans.)

More fuel to the fire...

...Emerson points out that in July 1999, while Lekovic was managing editor of the UCLA Muslim Students’ Association’s newspaper, al-Talib, she published an article titled “Jihad in America,” containing this passage:

When we hear someone refer to the great Mujahid (someone who struggles in Allah’s cause) Osama bin Laden as a ‘terrorist,’ we should defend our brother and refer to him as a freedom fighter, someone who has forsaken wealth and power to fight in Allah’s cause and speak out against oppressors. We take these stances only to please Allah.”

Confronted with this fact, Lekovic denies she was the editor of the newspaper. But unfortunately for her, there is proof.

Same thing all across universities and mosques across America...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?en...pokeswoman&only