[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Stanley Cup Finals

dabuffbills

Who wins the Stanley Cup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ottawa Senators
    • Anaheim Ducks

:tup:

That game 5 collapse was brutal. Give up a goal with 47 seconds left and then the dreaded whiff in our own end in overtime. :D

Don't forget the bogus interference call with 1.5 minutes left. :D

Ducks will take it in 6. Pronger will neutralize...to some extent...the Spezza, Alfredsson and Heatley line. JSG is a battle-tested veteran with plenty of playoff experience. Emery, while playing well, is still quite young. I think JSG steals at least one game while Emery can't match. Regardless, should be an interesting series.

Senators in 5

Should it be any other way? The Sens have gone through each series in 5 and nobody has been able to handle the Spezza/Heatley/Alfredson line and I really don't see that changing. The hozers finally get their cup. :D

It looks like the Ducks are -130 and the Senators are +110. How can the Ducks be favored here? I know they have 4 games at home and are likely to have more fan money behind them. But I think Ottawa should be favored in this spot. I will be betting some $$ in Vegas tonight on the Sens to win this series. Maybe I am way off base as I am admittedly no hockey eggspert. But I REALLY like the Senators at +110 here.

It looks like the Ducks are -130 and the Senators are +110. How can the Ducks be favored here? I know they have 4 games at home and are likely to have more fan money behind them. But I think Ottawa should be favored in this spot. I will be betting some $$ in Vegas tonight on the Sens to win this series. Maybe I am way off base as I am admittedly no hockey eggspert. But I REALLY like the Senators at +110 here.

well the Ducks are a #2 seed where the Senators are a #4 seed

well the Ducks are a #2 seed where the Senators are a #4 seed

Seeding doesn't really matter in the playoffs IMO. The only thing the lower seed gets is the extra home game if it goes 7. Ottawa ousted the #5 :D , #2, and #1 seeds in the east. Against the Devils and Sabres they didn't have home ice advantage and yet took care of them in five. I'm very curious as to how well the Sens will stack up against a very big and physical Ducks team, but at the same time have no doubt about them being victorious. Maybe not in 5, but I see it going no longer than 6. I love game 7s, especially for all the marbles, but I hope for Spain's sake the Sens take it sooner.

ahem, I have satellite tv and do NOT get vs...

must be the brains thing...

You're not missing much, except when Vs decides to air an NHL contest. Personally, I can't stand this chit. I remember the days of my large analog dish where I could find wild feed and could watch Hockey Night In Canada. Vs doesn't even show games on Sat. nights for cripes sakes. :D It gets expensive to sign up for every freekin' package they carry. I wish they'd let us sign up for a single sports network. I'd be on Fox Pittsburgh in a heartbeat. But nooooo! We're greedy bastages. Just like the NFL. Can you imagine how many transplanted fans of certain teams would sign up to watch their team exclusively. In the long run, Directv and the NFL would make more money. Yes, they' lose some every game subscribers but would gain many many more. When the hell are they gonna see this? :D

Seeding doesn't really matter in the playoffs IMO. The only thing the lower seed gets is the extra home game if it goes 7. Ottawa ousted the #5 :D , #2, and #1 seeds in the east. Against the Devils and Sabres they didn't have home ice advantage and yet took care of them in five. I'm very curious as to how well the Sens will stack up against a very big and physical Ducks team, but at the same time have no doubt about them being victorious. Maybe not in 5, but I see it going no longer than 6. I love game 7s, especially for all the marbles, but I hope for Spain's sake the Sens take it sooner.

i was just offering an explanation as to why the Ducks were favored in betting. I don't know much about betting so i figured the seeding was the cause

i was just offering an explanation as to why the Ducks were favored in betting. I don't know much about betting so i figured the seeding was the cause

And I wasn't giving you chit. Just voicing my opinion. All's well. Carry on. :D