[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss going to workouts

WaterMan

I've heard reports from Oakland's former OC that they would routinely take Moss out of Friday practice because the rest of the team wanted it to run at game-day speed. I'll believe that Randy's running a 4.3 40-yd when I see it.

It was not a agent that said this Greenbay and NE sent personal down to his training area and they clocked him at that

:D

Some of those guys will still need to get their heads screwed on better though if they want to win another SB. Was not a good sign to read that both Bill and Brady were having dysfunctional woman problems last year (though I'm sure that Brady's woman problem is one that most of us would love to have).

They did come very close last year all the same.

Edited by Crazysight

I'll say one thing: even when Culpepper was at the PEAK of his career, he could never deliver the ball as acurately as Brady. If indeed Moss can still do it, it will be very entertaining (as a Pats fan) to watch.

Culpepper has completed 64.2% of his passes in his career. Brady is at 61.9% and has never exceeded 64% in any season. Culpepper yards per attempt is higher than Brady's so he has thrown downfield more.

Some of those guys will still need to get their heads screwed on better though if they want to win another SB. Was not a good sign to read that both Bill and Brady were having dysfunctional woman problems last year (though I'm sure that Brady's woman problem is one that most of us would love to have).

They did come very close last year all the same.

Woman problems? You can't be serious. :D

• 2 weeks later...
By Michael Felger/ Patriots Insider

Boston Herald Patriots Beat Columnist

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - Updated: 06:29 AM EST

FOXBORO - If you want to get excited about Randy Moss and what he’ll bring to the Patriots in 2007, here’s a bit of advice:

Don’t watch him practice.

That was the impression made during the four days of non-contact workouts the media was allowed to watch last week at Gillette Stadium.

Perhaps Moss will ramp it up when training camp opens July 27, but if minicamp was any indication, fans probably shouldn’t expect any fireworks.

Nearly every regional and national media outlet was there to record Moss’ Patriots introduction, and most reports focused on the promise he brings to Tom Brady and the offense. Many dispatches also made sure to point out the three or four nice catches he made during those four days. In addition, Moss spoke to the media for about nine minutes Wednesday, which might have distracted the fourth estate from reporting what Moss actually did on the practice field.

Which, in short, wasn’t much.

While newcomers Wes Welker, Donte’ Stallworth and Kyle Brady hustled through their first days on the job, and veterans such as Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi continued to exemplify the Patriots Way, Moss moved at his own pace. He rarely dug in. More often than not, he glided. On balance, the most talented receiver of this generation was just another guy.

You’d have thought Moss would have taken the opportunity to make an early statement, maybe run from drill to drill across the field, lead the sprints at the end of practice, blow by the slower and smaller players trying to cover him, whatever. Show a little hustle. Little things.

But it pretty much was the opposite. Moss was content to remain in the pack. He never was first in line. He certainly didn’t make defensive backs look foolish. Aside from climbing the ladder once or twice on high throws, he didn’t give any hints of his prodigious physical gifts. It’s true the entire proceedings were run at about three-quarters speed, but that didn’t stop Brady, Welker and Harrison from giving full effort. Moss’speedometer seemed stuck at around 60 percent.

patriots.bostonherald.com

Still early, but this sounds like the same ol' same ol' from Moss.

Don't get me wrong...I am not saying this story is a fabrication. I don't really know...I would just not do more than keep it in the back of my mind until I heard it more on the wire.

especially since Randy has never been known to act like this before. wait . . .

FYI Felger is an axe grinder, and tends to be one of the local detractors when it comes to the Patriots. I wouldn't pay much heed to his writings.

the truth about felger is this....he is from wisconsin and is a diehard packers fan at heart...he is a regular on the show New England Sports Tonight which airs on FSN(not sure if you other regions have a nightly show like this on FSN)...during the nba season when the celts get alot of play, the other hosts often tease him about growing up in wisconsin and going to bucks games as his father is supposedly a season ticket holder

so naturally you know he hates randy moss...and in general...he takes a bash then wait and see attitude with the pats...points out all the negatives and if they lose a game or dont win a superbowl, he says i told ya so...you shoulda heard him on tv the week before the pats went to cincy last year...he was telling everyone how cincy was going to kill the pats...thats just the way he is...and he probably wont stop unless they win back to back to superbowls again

• 4 months later...

I'm not a big fan of bringing up ancient threads in a "told you so manner" but this might be an exception. Forget the threads, look at Ratteree's columns during the first 4 weeks of the season, the guy has such a Moss-psychosis it severely affects his judgment. If the guy is going to "eat crow" he should do it right, not say "well I may be wrong about Moss' performance, but he's still a bad player and New England is bad for signing him."

You might want to take a look at this:

I know some will say that's 2005, but what do you actually think he's lost in one year?

Moss was never a change direction type of player. Moss is an out-run you, out-physical you freak. Always has been. Just get him against two or less guys in space and he will win. He will either catch it and run by them, run by them then catch it, or jump over them and snatch it. He still has all that...

LMAO I want to join the fun!