[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My son - Aidan the Giant

Menudo

I knew my son was a big boy, but, not being around many other babies, I guess I didn't realize how big he actually is. He is just short of 5 months old, and we just had a Dr.'s appointment.

He weighed in at 19 pounds, 3 ounces, which the Dr. said put him in the 95% percentile.

His height is 27.5 inches, which the Dr. said put him in the 96% percentile.

The Dr. said he wasn't concerned as his size is proportional. He said some babies come in at 50% height and 90% weight, which is cause for concern. He is just a big boy. He's got some baby fat, but, nothing bad. I'm just curious where the height comes in. I'm only 6' tall, and the only tall person in our family is his Uncle, who is 6'3" ......... Although I've heard that when kids are big babies, that doesn't mean they will be big adults. I don't know why people have to say that and ruin my plans for him being a Linebacker at PSU and then for the Steelers. :D

Here is my most recent picture of "Aidan the Giant".

:D

Can't wait for the Little League stories.

Cute kid, best of luck, please don't post pictures every other week.

J/K Menudo. Fatherhood rocks, all the best to your mini-Menudo. But whatever you do, don't call him that. :D

I'm just curious where the height comes in. I'm only 6' tall, and the only tall person in our family is his Uncle, who is 6'3" .........

How tall is the mailman?

That is a cute kid. Although I'm sure he'd rather play for a Big Ten school who actually competes every year like Michigan. :D

How tall is the mailman?

That is a cute kid. Although I'm sure he'd rather play for a Big Ten school who actually competes every year like Michigan. :D

Karl Malone ? He's pretty tall, but, I doubt he's the Dad. :D

As for the kid being mine, that was confirmed when the Dr. told us that "Dad would be proud to know that we had to use the largest ring we had for the circumcision" (true story) Definitely my kid. :tup:

As for the kid being mine, that was confirmed when the Dr. told us that "Dad would be proud to know that we had to use the largest ring we had for the circumcision" (true story) Definitely my kid. :D

They weren't supposed to circumcise that head :D

Can't wait for the Little League stories.

Cute kid, best of luck, please don't post pictures every other week.

J/K Menudo. Fatherhood rocks, all the best to your mini-Menudo. But whatever you do, don't call him that. :D

Oh, the sports stories will come, that I can guarantee. :tup:

P.S.

My son can beat up your son. :D

How tall is the mailman?

Or he could play for a Big Ten team tha actually wins every year, like Ohio State. :D

But if he does go to PSU make sure he brings his broom. I hear there are some stadium cleaning duties for those guys.

Cute kid!

Great looking kid. God Bless him..He kind of reminds me of a young Paul but that is setting the bar very high

If he were ever become half the man that Paul is, I'd be one proud Father, but, that goes without saying.

Or he could play for a Big Ten team tha actually wins every year, like Ohio State. :doh:

But if he does go to PSU make sure he brings his broom. I hear there are some stadium cleaning duties for those guys.

Cute kid!

:D It's weird, but, I remember someone beating Ohio State just two years ago. :D

:tup::D

In relation to your large ring comment, my wife's well endowed (via bolt ons) friend, who admittedly couls use to lose a few, but still, wouldn't mind seeing the alps, commented yesterday that my one month old was quite well endowed. I guess she was changing a diaper or something.

I of course assumed that my wife would say that he got it from me :D or some other such appropriate response to give credit where credit is due :D , but, alas, all she said is that I would be happy to hear that.

In relation to your large ring comment, my wife's well endowed (via bolt ons) friend, who admittedly couls use to lose a few, but still, wouldn't mind seeing the alps, commented yesterday that my one month old was quite well endowed. I guess she was changing a diaper or something.

I of course assumed that my wife would say that he got it from me :D or some other such appropriate response to give credit where credit is due :D , but, alas, all she said is that I would be happy to hear that.

:doh::tup:

As soon as the Dr. made the "ring" comment, my wife looked at me and rolled her eyes, and said "I can't even imagine how many times I'm going to have to hear him tell this story" :D

:D:D

As soon as the Dr. made the "ring" comment, my wife looked at me and rolled her eyes, and said "I can't even imagine how many times I'm going to have to hear him tell this story" :tup:

My wife would have made the same look/comment had the situation occurred to us.

Fatherhood is great. If "mini-menudo" does play LB at Penn State maybe he can attempt to cover my son when he is playing TE at the best Big-10 school, Wisconsin.

I think BC is right about doubling the height at 2-years of age. There is also something like adding you and your wife's height, dividing by 2, and then adding some inches for boys and subtracting for girls.

Calculating height

Don't sweat the size thing as it will all even out. My son for the first year and a half was above the 100 percentile for height and was anywhere between 85%- mid 90's for weight. I'm 6'1" 185 lbs but have several taller/rounder relatives and I would almost guarantee that he'll be taller than I am, maybe like 6'4".

My son was 9 lbs at birth and 22 inches long. Now at 5 he's about 45 lbs. and close to that in height.

My daughter was the same way 8lbs. 14 oz. and 21 and a half inches long. She's also very tall and lean above the 100% for height and 80's-90's for weight. Now at 2 my daughter is 3 ft tall and 32 lbs.