[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report on Packers WR situation

PaulOttCarruth

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Jennings is going to be a pro bowl receiver. Not this year, but next season. I think Jennings is going to be one hell of a player.

FWIW, GB has the 10th hardest schedule for WRs in terms of points allowed to WRs from last season.

:D:D

FWIW, GB has the 10th hardest schedule for WRs in terms of points allowed to WRs from last season.

:D:D

When you have only 1 WR that happens.

Jones did drop a couple of balls from last weekend, but catches the ball away from his body with his hands. He is a little slower than Jennings but stronger. Jennings worked hard on becoming stronger this off season.

They both remind me of Driver.

good thing that's not THIS season...

Good point as things can change drastically from year to year.

Dallas sucks a lot less than the Pack :-)

Probably true but like BB pointed out below you just never know. And I don't think in regard to wins when it's all said and done that they'll be that far apart.

I wouldn't put book on that too soon...

might be just a homer pick here but Green Bay, with the loss of RB and no major improvements other than another year experience wont do any better than last year ill say they finish 7-9 at best. dallas on the other hand is looking poised to do what they shouldve been ablle to do last season, but now thye got a coach that fits them more. romo has time to mesh with terry, witten, and TO. RB duo is tough and wade always improves the defense where ever he goes. Dallas finish at worst 10-6.

might be just a homer pick here but Green Bay, with the loss of RB and no major improvements other than another year experience wont do any better than last year ill say they finish 7-9 at best. dallas on the other hand is looking poised to do what they shouldve been ablle to do last season, but now thye got a coach that fits them more. romo has time to mesh with terry, witten, and TO. RB duo is tough and wade always improves the defense where ever he goes. Dallas finish at worst 10-6.

that's quite optimistic ..even for a dallas fan...

10-6 at worst?...thanks, I needed that laugh..

look at their schedule...and their personel is only better and more experienced if anythin. how did the pack get better again?...o yea they didnt they just lost their starting RB. youre telling me that GB is a better team than Dallas, cuz if you were i also needed a good laugh!!

look at their schedule...and their personel is only better and more experienced if anythin. how did the pack get better again?...o yea they didnt they just lost their starting RB. youre telling me that GB is a better team than Dallas, cuz if you were i also needed a good laugh!!

I'm not talking about the Packers....I'm not even a Packer fan...and I didn't mention them....

Dallas has a new coach and new system....Parcells had the playcalling down pat to hide Henson's weak spots...just like he did Quinthy Carter for half a season...

"at worst 10-6" is a bit of a reach...or a stretch armstrong "at worst"

haha...henson?!?! you mean romo? henson never started at QB for dallas...good try though. you wtch...i mean dallas was right at 10-6 last season and they only got better, and the rest of the division got substantially worse than what they were projected at at the beginning of last season.

haha...henson?!?! you mean romo? henson never started at QB for dallas...good try though. you wtch...i mean dallas was right at 10-6 last season and they only got better, and the rest of the division got substantially worse than what they were projected at at the beginning of last season.

that's nice...I made a mistake and you want to base your argument on that instead of your previous idiotic comments...

the skins will automatically be better and the eagles are healthy again....all you have is a Romo that everyone knows how to gameplan against by now and a new coach that isn't half as good as your last coach....

you will fight with the skins for 2nd...

th same skins that every single expert and ESPN as finishing a distant third?!...

i didnt base my arguement on it, just the fact that you thought henson was our staring QB makes me not care AT ALL bout your opinion, since its obvious your IQ is low on that subject. i mean comeon the romo/bledsoe thing was everywhere and henson was like 3years ago!?...

and fighting the skins for 2nd...thats funny...theyre defense is slow and they only have 2 players that do anythin on offense (portis and moss) both injured last season. good try though, go learn a little more on the subject before i make fun of your QB situation with Ramsey and the coaching of spurrier...!! :D

th same skins that every single expert and ESPN as finishing a distant third?!...

i didnt base my arguement on it, just the fact that you thought henson was our staring QB makes me not care AT ALL bout your opinion, since its obvious your IQ is low on that subject. i mean comeon the romo/bledsoe thing was everywhere and henson was like 3years ago!?...

and fighting the skins for 2nd...thats funny...theyre defense is slow and they only have 2 players that do anythin on offense (portis and moss) both injured last season. good try though, go learn a little more on the subject before i make fun of your QB situation with Ramsey and the coaching of spurrier...!! :D

mhm....I am an Eagles fan....

but your posts surely are entertaining...

Green Bay finished the season out winning there final four games... How many did Dallas win in the last month?

These teams are pretty even. You act like Green Bay's running game is great, all the while, Julius Jones is still starting in Dallas. Nice try buddy. 10-6 would be a great season for Dallas. I think they're closer to 8-8 9-7 myself. I also see the Pack as 8-8 or 9-7 as well.

Although I like the youth of Green Bay a lot more than the youth of Dallas.

Green Bay finished the season out winning there final four games... How many did Dallas win in the last month?

These teams are pretty even. You act like Green Bay's running game is great, all the while, Julius Jones is still starting in Dallas. Nice try buddy. 10-6 would be a great season for Dallas. I think they're closer to 8-8 9-7 myself. I also see the Pack as 8-8 or 9-7 as well.

I think Dallas has better talent but plays in a stronger division. They could easily finish worse than Green Bay's record.

Eagles Dallas Skins Giants

Bears Packers Vikings Lions

ding-ding! +1

Why is it that GB's one more year of experience isn't good enough, but Dallas's one more year of experience is good enough to use for justification for a 10-6 season, AT WORST! Blind homerism.

...but now thye got a coach that fits them more. Dallas finish at worst 10-6.

I realize Parcells might be a bit overrated especially later in his career but I just don't understand how anyone thinks that Wade Phillips is somehow gonna be worth a couple of extra wins.

Laugh away, genius.

In case you haven't noticed, the NFL doesn't play out like FF. There are two sides of the ball. GB improved itself dramatically in the middle of its D with the drafting of DT Harrell & SS Rouse, both who should start immediately & be significant upgrades. Add that Barnett is now signed long term, which means he'll probably be willing to move to SLB, allowing Hodge to play the middle, and you have a D that very well could move into the top 10. That takes a lot of pressure off the O & Favre in particular.

Jackson ought to do quite well as a starting RB, and Morency can spell him enough to where he won't get overused. The passing game is still intact, and Jennings ought to make significant strides going from his solid rookie year to being a vet. Then you add that they play DET & MIN twice each and GB could very well be competing for a playoff spot. Jones is showing well in TC at WR,which ill help with depth there. Even something as mundane as adding a K in the draft will help - Crosby has a great leg & will help with long FGs as well as helping the D when he gets touchbacks on KOs.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the single biggest impact in DAL is going to be Phillips at HC - which he is terrible at. He very well could cost them 2-3 games. Their O-line is a weakness and their secondary still sucks, and adding Hamlin makes no sense whatsoever, since DAL already has one S who can't cover and plays run well.

We'll see, but if you're laughing at the suggestion that GB could finish ahead of DAL in the NFC you're being foolhardy. DAL was exactly 1 game better than GB last year, and GB improved significantly as the season went on.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You do all realize this is a Packers WR thread, right?

Donald Driver - last 3 years with 80+ catches/1200+ yards, only other player to match that is Chad Johnson, win or lose I think this is Brett's last year, so his most trusted WR will have another fine season

Greg Jennings - Brett will throw enough to keep 2 WR's happy, Greg showed his skills but was hampered by injury, will bounce back and hit the 1,000 yard mark in 2007

James Jones - Great talent, but can't see him doing much in 2007, perhaps he can mature with Aaron Rodgers

Robert Ferguson - Every year he seems to be a sleeper, I think he is in a coma and will never wake up

Ruvell Martin - Overshadowed because of Greg Jennings, tall WR who may see some EZ targets

Koren Robinson - Will have a relapse and be back in an AA meeting by week 1

Overall, GB has a very nice WR corps. Some very young guys who will be maturing with Aaron Rodgers, or whoever GB trades for, if they don't see Rodgers as their future. For FF sake, I think the young guys will be better served if GB picks up a vet QB in 2008 (again, assuming Favre hangs up his cleats after this season).

Koren Robinson - Will have a relapse and be back in an AA meeting by week 1

I'm not so sure. He knows if he does relapse his NFL career and $millions are gone. He will have support from team members and probably many others in Green Bay.

I'm not so sure. He knows if he does relapse his NFL career and $millions are gone. He will have support from team members and probably many others in Green Bay.

Which is more than can be said about Minnisota. I think KoRo will be a kick return monster and a very good situational receiver.