[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup Finals

jaxfactor

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Cherry is spot on.

Except for the suit. :D

I missed it, an old friend of mine called. What did he say? I don't think Alfie will get suspended either but he still is a little biatch.

And the Ducks WIN!!! Stay Classy Alfie....

Gonna be a dive fest for the Sens in game 5. No way does Ottawa come back from this. Anaheim truly has them outgunned and Giguere IS like glue. No rebounds to be had at all. Looks like Montreal is the only Canadian team that knows how to win the cup. I guess as soon as they get their heads out of their asses up there they may have a chance. Grapes was spot on, Hugh and Piles. I loved when he signed off he gave one last push for getting rid of instigator penalties. Only he directed it towards Dick Ebersol when he should ghave been directing it towards Gary Buttman. I wonder if Grapes says anything negative towards Buttman on CBC? Man, this has refueled my hockey passion. I'm gonna have to break down and get the hockey package on Directv next season. Now if they'd only show the freekin' Pens pregame and postgame shows but they don't, and that's what sucks about it. Here's to another Cup coming to yet another warm US city.

This has to be driving Canada nuts. :D

Oh, I'll make sure you don't have to talk to yourself next game Hugh. I'll be here to see the cup raising in Anaheim.

Missed the second period, just caught the end of it where Alfredsson cranked one at Neidermeyer. I did see Don Cherry though, I thought he was right on the money with his commentary, even going so far as to go after Hull for his "skate" episode in the Cup finals to tie into the Alfredsson goal. :D

The suit was mild by comparison to his others, but still looked pretty sharp.

If they are serious about cracking down on diving, then there are going to be a lot of people who may have to quit the game. Forsberg (although he's close to calling it quits anyways), Cooke, and pretty much every goalie. I was actually hoping Ottawa would have taken the high road in this series too, shame it didn't work out that way.

Piles, essentially Don Cherry called out Alfredsson for his stupidity at the end of the second, and went so far as to call out Bettman and Ebersol to get rid of the instigator rule if they ever want to see hockey improve on TV. The claim was that while people like to see goals, they also like to see fights, and Americans are getting too candy-assed to take watching that in hockey, while we slaver over crap like MMA on TV, and love the big hits provided in football.

It was funny to watch Brett Hull play the role of lapdog during Grapes's points though. :D

Watching highlights isnt watching a game. The game bores me so much, I cant watch. Sorry, but thats the way it is. Stars fan, and hockey fan are 2 completely different things. Nothing fair weather about that.

:D

must've been tough choosing between that pathetic excuse and "i stayed at a holiday inn last night". i think "i am a stars fan through and through (not fairweather!) who only watches highlights" is slightly better, though. so you made the right call. for once :D

Got me there. Cleveland is average at best, and they disposed of Detroit like a twisted step sister. But Cleveland's fate will end in 5 games of the finals.

I don't know. The Cavs are 2-0 v. the Spurs this year, and King James is feeling it down the stretch....

Don't you NBA momos have enough threads already? Now you have to invade the lone NHL thread on this board. :D AMSCRAY! :D

While it may look like Sarge, is talking about, the NBA, he really isn't. As a matter, of fact, he really could care less, about it. He is just, providing us mortals, with the highlites, of the NBA season.

Well, Ducks up 2-0 after one. I think Ray Ferraro decribed Ottawa's play perfectly in one word: Brutal.

I was actually hoping Ottawa could win this thing, not because I'm rooting for the Sens, just because i wanted to see another game. Unless the Sens wake up fast, they're done. The Ducks are smelling it now and can see themselves skating with the cup. Another Canadian heartbreak.

I wish I could hear what Grapes had to say about the lackluster play of the Sens. Probably some comical material there. :D

no canadian heartbreak here, ottawa is the enemy as far as i'm concerned , i hope it's 8-1 before it's over

What team do you root for? That might explain your hatred for the Sens. My apologies. I took it for granted that most, if not all Canadian hockey fans were pulling for Ottawa. Methinks you're either a Habs fan or a Leafs fan.

What team do you root for? That might explain your hatred for the Sens. My apologies. I took it for granted that most, if not all Canadian hockey fans were pulling for Ottawa. Methinks you're either a Habs fan or a Leafs fan.

:D Maple Leafs

as much as it pains me i'm a leafs fan (no cup since 1967) so to have to face ottawa 8 times next year and probably be the visiting team as they raise there banner would suck. but anyway, i cant wait for the finish , i do not think there is a better trophey in all of pro sports , bring on lord stanley's mug