[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't look now

loaf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing from the title of the thread... The Yankess are in a heap of trouble as they just can't seem to produce in any facet consistently - hitting, pitching-both starting or out of the pen. Wow!! I can't believe I'm saying this but the AL East title race may already be over. The sad part is there's a part of me that is okay with that because maybe this horrific performance wakes up the momos in management. :D

Continuing from the title of the thread... The Yankess are in a heap of trouble as they just can't seem to produce in any facet consistently - hitting, pitching-both starting or out of the pen. Wow!! I can't believe I'm saying this but the AL East title race may already be over. The sad part is there's a part of me that is okay with that because maybe this horrific performance wakes up the momos in management. :D

The health of the pitching staff has killed them thus far. The lack of good starting pitching on a regular basis has also made them overwork the bullpen. Which in turn has made them look bad. That combined with an inconsistent offense is digging the Yanks a hole that may be too deep to dig out of. That being said, it's still May. Once this pitching staff has Wang, Clemens, Pettitte, Mussina, & Hughes all healthy, they could still make a run at the wild card. The division crown would take a miracle to get since Boston is looking awesome so far this year. That's why they play the games though. You don't hand out trophies to the team with the best record in May or the team with the highest payroll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
But those Indians are for real...

90-62, tied with Boston for the best record in baseball, magic number 3 with 10 games to play, just swept the 2nd place Tigers, only AL team with 2 starters with ERA's under 3.25 (Carmona 3.07 & Sabathia 3.21) . . .

I think it's ok to look.

The health of the pitching staff has killed them thus far. The lack of good starting pitching on a regular basis has also made them overwork the bullpen. Which in turn has made them look bad. That combined with an inconsistent offense is digging the Yanks a hole that may be too deep to dig out of. That being said, it's still May. Once this pitching staff has Wang, Clemens, Pettitte, Mussina, & Hughes all healthy, they could still make a run at the wild card. The division crown would take a miracle to get since Boston is looking awesome so far this year. That's why they play the games though. You don't hand out trophies to the team with the best record in May or the team with the highest payroll.

Yikes. Only 1.5 game lead over Yanks...now...

• 2 weeks later...

3-1 series lead. I look for CC to continue to struggle tomorrow and Boston takes the game. Then Fasto (not a typo, that's what we call him) comes in game six and Tribe takes it 4 games to 2.

3-1 series lead. I look for CC to continue to struggle tomorrow and Boston takes the game. Then Fasto (not a typo, that's what we call him) comes in game six and Tribe takes it 4 games to 2.

I hope that you are wrong.

Here what I think... Boston shellacks CC again, and then they go back to Boston and win two more at home. Then, the Rockies get low-altitude sickness waiting for the next series to start, and have to forfeit. Boston World Series champs. :D

That's my unbiased opinion.

Beckett was 11-2 with a 2.19 ERA on the road this season so I feel pretty confident they can at least get it back to Boston. After that who knows, Cleveland's bullpen has been dominant. Crisp and Pedroia have to start getting on base because Papi and Manny are on fire but hitting without people on base makes it pointless.

I had no problem with Francona starting Wake but he absolutely needs to make a lineup change for game 5. Kielty needs to replace Drew and Ellsbury needs to replace Crisp.