[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't look now

loaf

The Tribe has the momentum now and the pen is getting it done. I do think Beck will get one back tomorow but then we're back to Schilling :D .

Why Drew didn't get benched for Kielty or Elisbury is beyond comprehension. Drew has been awful. Same goes for Crisp and Lugo, but we need their gloves. If the bottom of the order wakes up they could make it a series, but it's not looking to good.

If Boston loses then at least i won' thave to listen to that fargin moran Joe Buck anymore. What a jag. And if i see another shot of the fans with the silly makeup...AND THAT DRUM... i'm gonn hurl :D

Whatever the outcome of this series is, i don't think Colorado can hang with either team. Cleveland keeps getting clutch hits up and down their order, the bastages.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Boston loses then at least i won' thave to listen to that fargin moran Joe Buck anymore. What a jag. And if i see another shot of the fans with the silly makeup...AND THAT DRUM... i'm gonn hurl :D

That dude banging the drum in the outfield has been there since the '70s. Talk about hardcore.

Agreed about Buck. He makes me want to hear more of McCarver's pretentious "armchair manager" comments.

I think Boston is done. Cleveland has all the momentum- which is baseball is hugh.

The lineup is struggling, especially Papi - and Cleveland just has solid, professional hitters up and down their lineup.

CC at home?? gonna be tough - then follow up with Carmona? I don't see both of them having 2 poor outings, or Boston beating them both.

book it

Beckett was 11-2 with a 2.19 ERA on the road this season so I feel pretty confident they can at least get it back to Boston. After that who knows, Cleveland's bullpen has been dominant. Crisp and Pedroia have to start getting on base because Papi and Manny are on fire but hitting without people on base makes it pointless.

I had no problem with Francona starting Wake but he absolutely needs to make a lineup change for game 5. Kielty needs to replace Drew and Ellsbury needs to replace Crisp.

Go ahead and start a Red Sox RIP thread. This series is over Thursday night.

I dunno Kevin....I don't hate the Sox chances to stretch it to 7 games. Beckett tonight and Schilling in the next game......those should be tough games. Unfortunately, that leaves us with crap for game 7....so the Tribe will probably prevail in the end.

Can Boston win three in a row? Unlikely.....but if they win tonight, Cleveland will start to worry.

As for the comment earlier about the Rockies, sure they can hang with either of these as long as the pitching stands up. The question is whether either AL team really likes the idea of playing baseball in Colorado in very late October.

Can Boston win three in a row? Unlikely.....

:D

(You can't see it, but I'm tapping my Red Sox, World Series Champions 2004 hat.)

See, that was when we won 4 in a row against the Yankees, and then another 4 in a row against the Cardinals.

I'm not guaranteeing a victory... I'm just saying that I believe it can happen.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Not quite ready to call them dead. I really do think Beckett wins Thursday. Schilling "can" pull a big game out but then they have to pitch Matsuzaka and his arm looks like it is about to fall off. If they can win Thursday it will at least make it an interesting series with games 6 and 7 at Fenway.

(You can't see it, but I'm tapping my Red Sox, World Series Champions 2004 hat.)

See, that was when we won 4 in a row against the Yankees, and then another 4 in a row against the Cardinals.

It can, but I honestly think that 4 in a row was easier than 3 in a row now. Follow along here.

When they were down 3-0, they first had to win 1 game to avoid the embarrassment of being swept. Which they did.

Then they had to win 3 more, having just won 1 already.

Now they have to win 3 more, having just lost 3 straight.

Mentally, I think the challenge before them is tougher.

Plus CC's bad games usually come in 2's. I predict he's on Thursday night.

It can, but I honestly think that 4 in a row was easier than 3 in a row now. Follow along here.

When they were down 3-0, they first had to win 1 game to avoid the embarrassment of being swept. Which they did.

Then they had to win 3 more, having just won 1 already.

Now they have to win 3 more, having just lost 3 straight.

Mentally, I think the challenge before them is tougher.

i think that is a hugh stretch. it's notably easier to win three in a row if you didn't win one 3 games ago? i don't see it. if anything, i think boston has the mental edge tonight because they're riding beckett. a convincing win and they could get a little something going. best possible outcome for the sox would be to get into the cleveland bullpen and knock them around a bit, shake their confidence and the team's confidence in them. if that happens the sox could have some real momentum going back to fenway.

Plus CC's bad games usually come in 2's. I predict he's on Thursday night.

possibly so, but he still has to be better than beckett, which is gonna be tough to do.

Obviously I was wrong here. Great game by Beckett. I watched from the 5th on and it seemed like every other Indian batter from there on watched strike 3. Not sure why we weren't swinging at a few of those.

Obviously I was wrong here. Great game by Beckett. I watched from the 5th on and it seemed like every other Indian batter from there on watched strike 3. Not sure why we weren't swinging at a few of those.

I'm sure I'm not breaking any news but Saturday is massive. If Schilling can work his magic one more time Cleveland could be in real trouble. I do not have a ton of faith in DiceK right now, but I would guess starting Jake Westbrook in Game 7 on the road for a trip to the Series would not be the optimum situation for CLE fans.

If Ellsbury does not start game 6 I may develop tourette's.

I can't believe how none of the Tribe's coaches caught on to the fact that every first pitch was a curveball...great game by Beckett. CC? I can't see how he's a 20 million dollar pitcher on the FA market next season if he can't close on those 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2 counts. Big game choke artist in the making...I also have the over/under at 4 for how many times we're gonna hear/see about Schilling's bloody sock

CC? I can't see how he's a 20 million dollar pitcher on the FA market next season if he can't close on those 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2 counts. Big game choke artist in the making...

I noticed the same thing. How many times has he gone 2 strikes up on a batter only to walk them? I guess some of that has to do with the bats in the heart of Boston's order, but still.

What a game!!!

If we can get to Carbona early like we did to CC and Schill can give us 5+ I think we have a chance. I love the way Cleveland is playing (last night excluded), their pitching staff has been money (other than C), which has me nervous.

Elsbury should be playing CF on Saturday and if Pedroia and You keep setting the table for Papi and Manny I think we stretch it to game 7......

What a game!!!

If we can get to Carbona early like we did to CC and Schill can give us 5+ I think we have a chance. I love the way Cleveland is playing (last night excluded), their pitching staff has been money (other than C), which has me nervous.

Elsbury should be playing CF on Saturday and if Pedroia and You keep setting the table for Papi and Manny I think we stretch it to game 7......

Carmona is ice. I think he'll have enough to beat Schilling and the Indians bullpen, especially Betancourt, is money right now.

Carmona is ice. I think he'll have enough to beat Schilling and the Indians bullpen, especially Betancourt, is money right now.

yup- while the Sox get back home for a nice edge, I like Carmona in a big way over Schilling tomorrow. They need to get it done in game 6- I don't like Cle chances if it goes 7...................

:pointing to the hat: