[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishing for opinions

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trades are trades and short of collusion, they shouldn't be overturned. If there is proven collusion, kick 'em out. Pretty simple to me.

If I ever have a trade vetoed by a league, it will be my last year in that league.

Tremendous. But that's not exactly how the league is structured.

Tremendous. But that's not exactly how the league is structured.

Well, it looks like the way it's structured isn't working, so maybe you should take the hint. Getting a commish involved as a mediator in trades is borderline retarded imo, unless you're playing with a bunch of 7 year olds. Not trying to be a dick, well, maybe a little, but if owner's need that kind of hand holding, and collusion and tanking is a possibility, you need to find yourself a new league. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's JMHO.

if owner's need that kind of hand holding, and collusion and tanking is a possibility, you need to find yourself a new league. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's JMHO.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I don't blame Nick for not wanting to be the bad guy who gives this clown the boot, but I agree that he's wasting his time dealing with this crap.

:D

Ya' think?

Okay, since you've intentionally been deceptive regarding the nature of this trade from the beginning, could you please come clean and name who the "potential keepers" were that were offered with the 5th rounder in the deal?

To be honest the whole thing is starting to smell - the deal with the Wayne owner refusing players with the 5th rounder (who I assume he could just cut if he didn't like) and your changing explanation of the deal as well as your changing position on the trade itself.

Bronco,

It was very clear to me from reading the thread that the owner receiving the pick was offered a potential keeper RB... Nick was not hiding any details.

Who knows why the guy didn't want the player but I am concerned with the commish trying to change the deal... it's hard to regulate stupidity and it should not be the commish's job to try and do it.

With most of these is this a fair trade threads the answer is usually the same... it all perception. Everyone values players differently and you can't predict performance.

The young RBs were Wali Lundy and Leon Washington.

Potential keepers? To whom?

This just keeps getting better. No wonder the other guy didn't want them - they were a waste of roster space except as possible handcuffs in a league that has deep rosters.

How did I change position on this trade? You are starting to not make sense.

In making these judgements, it's very important to look at the whole picture. I believe this was done here.

Somewhere in the league voting for the commish to block trades that would fit roster dumping criteria, there has to be a judgement by the commish that determines what trades would fit that criteria.

See, the funny thing is that I 100% agree that there should be no rules in place where a commish is called on to make a value call. I have argued this point with the league ad infinum and been shut down There is a majority interest in having a Mr. Rogers filter on league trades.

Well, it looks like the way it's structured isn't working, so maybe you should take the hint. Getting a commish involved as a mediator in trades is borderline retarded imo, unless you're playing with a bunch of 7 year olds. Not trying to be a dick, well, maybe a little, but if owner's need that kind of hand holding, and collusion and tanking is a possibility, you need to find yourself a new league. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's JMHO.

Yep. That's what I was trying to say.

Anyone seen michaelredd9 lately? He's just itching to put some significant jack in my pocket & now he's disappeared...

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: Hugh 0ne, michaelredd9, Big John

$500 was the last amount PantherDave threw out there, so how does that sound? We can certainly go higher if you like. .1 per yard/6 points per td/one point per reception sounds grand. I assume we'll paypal a "respected" huddler to safekeep the money?

Done.

Potential keepers? To whom?

This just keeps getting better. No wonder the other guy didn't want them - they were a waste of roster space except as possible handcuffs in a league that has deep rosters.

at the time there was no clear cut RB situation in HOU or NY, and either player could have established themself as the main back in town.

Um....believeing that a rule should not be in place is not the same thing as thinking that it was invoked properly as written.

Good point.

While I don't particularly care for the wording of the rule, as written, if the commish felt that the value in the trade was not justified, then he properly invoked the rule as he should do. THe problem with the wording is that IMO no two people have the exact same opinion of value of the same players/picks, so, while something may appear perfectly balanced to one person, it may appear quite lopsided to the other.

Now, my question is this - What if one, or both owners, refused to amend the deal that they had agreed to? Do they have recourse in response to the commish's decision, as, essentially the commish is vetoing the trade as agreed to unless they make a modification?

Let me get this straight... for $500, all BB has to do is find a player at the end of the season, with an ADP of 82 or later, that outscores Wayne?

Here's his conditions of the bet:

If you'd like to make a bet, I'll take Wayne's stats and you can take the stats of any running back or wide receiver available at 82 in any draft. I will bet any amount of money you would like. I'm talking PantherDave type money.

That means we take Wayne's stats this coming season using a .1/6/1 ppr system, and if any RB or WR available in any draft this year at pick 82 surpasses Wayne FF pt total, I win $500.

Um....believeing that a rule should not be in place is not the same thing as thinking that it was invoked properly as written.

Okay, I may think that's splitting hairs, but I'll retract my statement based upon what you just put forth.

This will get interesting.......

There's nothing interesting about it. He clearly stated the stats of any player, so I'll let the stats of any player selected at 82 or more in any draft speak for themselves once the season is over.

Link to mfl.com RBs so far

Here’s a partial list of RBs that meet that criteria so far this year at mfl.com (and there’s a LOT of drafts yet to be done at numerous sites):

# Player Max. Pick

13 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB 144

14 McGahee, Willis BAL RB 154

15 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB 158

16 Henry, Travis DEN RB 105

17 Benson, Cedric CHI RB 196

18 James, Edgerrin ARI RB 156

19 Jones, Thomas NYJ RB 169

20 Williams, Carnell TBB RB 207

21 Barber, Marion DAL RB 149

22 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 241

23 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 281

24 McAllister, Deuce NOS RB 113

25 Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB 151

26 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB 285

27 Turner, Michael SDC RB 212

28 Green, Ahman HOU RB 132

29 Lewis, Jamal CLE RB 170

30 Jones, Kevin DET RB 286

31 Taylor, Chester MIN RB 137

32 Norwood, Jerious ATL RB 285

Link to mfl.com WRs so far

Here’s a partial list of WRs that meet that criteria so far this year at mfl.com (and there’s a LOT of drafts yet to be done at numerous sites):

# Player Max. Pick

1 Smith, Steve CAR WR 109

7 Williams, Roy DET WR 82

9 Boldin, Anquan ARI WR 136

10 Johnson, Andre HOU WR 158

14 Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 130

16 Moss, Randy NEP WR 150

17 Driver, Donald GBP WR 96

18 Johnson, Calvin DET WR 282

19 Ward, Hines PIT WR 176

20 Jackson, Darrell SFO WR 94

21 Moss, Santana WAS WR 168

Exactly, you can pick any player that goes 82 or lower. Before the season, not after. I'm not taking Reggie Wayne over the entire field of players. You're the one claiming to be able to draft someone at 82 who is Reggie Wayne caliber.

I let you set all the conditions of the bet, and I accepted them. Now that you've run your mouth and agreed to the bet, what makes you think that I'll allow you to change the conditions of the bet after it was made?

You were the one who put his foot in it, son. I'll tell you what though. I'll be a nice guy & let you out of what appears to be a very bad spot for you if you'll ask nicely here for me to do it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I let you set all the conditions of the bet, and I accepted them. Now that you've run your mouth and agreed to the bet, what makes you think that I'll allow you to change the conditions of the bet after it was made?

You were the one who put his foot in it, son. I'll tell you what though. I'll be a nice guy & let you out of what appears to be a very bad spot for you if you'll ask nicely here for me to do it.

:D Bronco Billy's back in form. What's wrong Pony Boy, Warroom Boards been down lately?

I don't need to pick a player. Your condition clearly states any RB or WR.

Well, it's likely that SOMEBODY who is currently ranked lower than #82 is going to out-perform Reggie Wayne in fantasy scoring this year. There are sleepers every season. Why would anybody bet against that?

Edited by Bill Swerski

I didn't change any conditions. I said you can take any player taken 82 or lower. But you have to take that player. I said any player 82 or lower, not all players 82 or lower.

No, that's not what you said. Do I need to quote you yet again? You said the stats of any RB or WR picked at 82 or lower in any draft. No where do you state that I have to pick one specific player before the season starts. If you did state that before we bet, please quote it & show it to me.

Edited by Bronco Billy