[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishing for opinions

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add a rule allowing any owner who objects to a trade involving future draft choices to do so publicly, but condition their ability to object to them having to offer a draft choice of at least one round earlier for the same trade. If a majority object the trade is rescinded and the player goes to the person offering the highest future pick as calculated by the standings at the time of objection. Objecting owners will only get one chance to post their better offer and such better offers are posted blind and only opened if and when a majority have objected. Of course this only works in the scenario where it is a player for a future pick straight up. It would be unworkable in scenarios involving players as well as picks.

Add a rule allowing any owner who objects to a trade involving future draft choices to do so publicly, but condition their ability to object to them having to offer a draft choice of at least one round earlier for the same trade. If a majority object the trade is rescinded and the player goes to the person offering the highest future pick as calculated by the standings at the time of objection. Objecting owners will only get one chance to post their better offer and such better offers are posted blind and only opened if and when a majority have objected. Of course this only works in the scenario where it is a player for a future pick straight up. It would be unworkable in scenarios involving players as well as picks.

One of the owners tried to suggest a scenario where teams would have a chance to one-up trade offers before they were processed, but he was trying to allow that for all trades. It wasn;t well received, because it eliminates the art of the negotiation.

In this limited application, I like it.

One of the owners tried to suggest a scenario where teams would have a chance to one-up trade offers before they were processed, but he was trying to allow that for all trades. It wasn;t well received, because it eliminates the art of the negotiation.

In this limited application, I like it.

I can imagine NO scenario where I believe other owners should have the ability to "one-up" a deal that I have negoitiated with another owner. That kind of policy is absolutely horrible and would tend to penalize the owner that does all the grunt work behind a trade so that some other owner can swoop down with a counter offer.

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: Bronco Billy, michaelredd9

I see that you're here reading this. You find an example of a personal attack by me in a football debate yet (aside from the one here that you instigated)?

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: Bronco Billy, michaelredd9

I see that you're here reading this. You find an example of a personal attack by me in a football debate yet (aside from the one here that you instigated)?

Accusations of someone being intentionally deceptive aside, of course :D

So BC can say he would have been in the predicament, but in reality, I'm sure things would have been clarified with someone as classy as BC.

I would just like to emphasize this.

Now, could someone let my wife know that I am considered a classy and upstanding gentleman... not some low life FF degenerate. :D

To me, that was the start of the disrespect (with me at least, you had already been talking disrespectfully with Nick). You don't consider talking this way disrespectful because it is your normal way of talking to people. You belittle them. You condescend.

In other words, you can't back up your wild claims yet again (2nd time in one thread). I'll agree that I'm condescending with people who boldly and brazenly show a woeful lack of knowledge here - like you did about players drafted 82nd or later in a draft. Now you've done the same thing with me, accusing me of calling people morons & idiots when I disagree with their viewpoint in football discussions. You can't back that up either. Add to that sheepishly weaseling your way out of a bet for which you established the conditions, and your track record in this thread alone is woeful.

Here's a word of advice for you, sport: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Stating that Reggie Wayne is worth way more than the 82nd pick is a wild claim?

Thinking that Reggie Wayne is better than the 82nd pick is bold and brazen and shows a woeful lack of knowledge?

That wasn't your claim, and you know it, even thougth you're trying to weasel out of that now also. Do I have to quote you yet again to show you exactly what your words were? That you are so incredibly disingenuous is what brought this whole thing down on you in the first place.

So you want me to scour your posts to show where you've called people a moron or disrespected them? I'll do it, but it will be a long list. It is the norm for you, not the exception.

I'll wait while you back up your assertion...

Terll you what, junior, I'll even give you a hand in finding some proof.

Open the search function, put "moron" in the Search by Keyword box, put "Bronco Billy" in the Filter by Member Name, use the Sports Forum, and use Any Date. Repeat the search using "idiot" instead of "moron".

The list you'll get for each search will be an extremely short listing of topics on each one, and where I specifically used "moron" or "idiot" will be highlighted in yellow.

Now quote the times I used moron or idiot when referring to another Huddle member in a football discussion below. Let's see your list, champ...

Edited by Bronco Billy

My claim wasn't that Reggie Wayne was better than the 82nd pick? Then what was my claim? That Reggie Wayne is way better than the 82nd pick?

Sigh.......

If you'd like to make a bet, I'll take Wayne's stats and you can take the stats of any running back or wide receiver available at 82 in any draft. I will bet any amount of money you would like. I'm talking PantherDave type money.

You had already disrespected me before that. Because of my "woeful lack of knowledge" you wrote:

Man, it must be nice to be as smart & prescient as you are when the rest of the FF world appears to be so stupid........

And what claim had I made except that Reggie Wayne is way better than 82?

You clearly stated that there was virtually no chance of finding any RB or WR available at pick 82 who could outperform Wayne. Are you really this thick?

And climb off the "you disrespected me first" whining. What are you, some kind of bling-bling gangster wannabe who can't handle a derisive retort when you make a nonsensical statement?

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: Bronco Billy, michaelredd9, Bill Swerski

I see that you're still here. How's that list of quotes going? It can't take that long - there aren't that many topics listed when you do the searches that I directed you to above.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Okay, I've grown tired of rehashing the same crap & having you constantly backtracking. You're obviously going to have to backtrack on your "moron" and "idiot" remarks also, since I've given you a way to find them & you won't come up with anything - despite your claim that I do it all the time.

PM me when you find something to back yourself up. You've got enough egg on your face to take a while to wipe it off. Until then, hasta, junior.

Edited by Bronco Billy

this is fun. i wonder how much longer it will go on ...

:D

Hopefully til preseason.... but, since I am classy I will step in and ask for a cease fire. BB back to the advice forum, mredd, stay here, until the next trivial thing to debate comes up.

I never said Reggie Wayne would outscore the entire field of players. We were comparing Wayne's worth to the 82nd pick. Not Wayne's worth compared to every player 82 and down.

That is EXACTLY what you said ... ANY player available in ANY draft at 82. So unless every draft that occurs takes the same player at the 82nd spot then you have opened up the field of available players to ANY player taken from the 82nd spot and on.

You may not have MEANT to say that you'd take Wayne against ANY player available at 82+ but that is exactly what you said. Since we are not mind readers we can't determine what you may or may not have meant to say ... we can only go by what you ACTUALLY DID SAY.

Once you realized the implications of what you DID SAY now you are trying to weazel out of the bet.