[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Do People Hate Barry Bonds?

spain

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry is innocent!

:D:D

Nobody wants his steroid-tainted crap any way.

:thinking to myself: if I could just get my hands on any of the items mentioned in that article I could really help myself out :thinking to myself: :tup:

I don't think it is so much the people hating Barry Bonds as it is the media hating Barry Bonds. He doesn't cow-tow to the media and they despise him for it ... so the media smears BBs every opportunity they get (their way of whining loudly about how their feelings are hurt that Barry won't give them their way).

I don't think it is so much the people hating Barry Bonds as it is the media hating Barry Bonds. He doesn't cow-tow to the media and they despise him for it ... so the media smears BBs every opportunity they get (their way of whining loudly about how their feelings are hurt that Barry won't give them their way).

That's pretty accurate but it is nevertheless true that he's a turd who juiced up. His record, when it comes, will be tainted.

Zito pointed out the other day that power is only one third of hitting a HR - the other two thirds are hand eye coordination and timing. All that said, Bonds would not be this close to Aaron without artificial assistance having given him the power.

I am guessing that I am in the minority here. I was a big fan of Bonds when he played here in Pittsburgh and I still am a fan of his to this day. Granted he may be a jerk off the field but on the field I think he is the greatest baseball player I have ever gotten to see play and possibly one of the best players all time.

Grits is on target about the media adding to the Bonds bashing in a big way. He never has catered to the media and never will.

That's pretty accurate but it is nevertheless true that he's a turd who juiced up. His record, when it comes, will be tainted.

Zito pointed out the other day that power is only one third of hitting a HR - the other two thirds are hand eye coordination and timing. All that said, Bonds would not be this close to Aaron without artificial assistance having given him the power.

I can't speak to how Barry the man is because I have never met him. What I know of Barry the man I hear from the so obvious biased media (who hate him).

Is it likely he used steriods? I'd say yes. Is likely the only one? I'd say not by a long shot. I also suspect that the greats like Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron likely got boosted on occassion although with amphetimins not steriods (likely).

Again the media is on a witch hunt. If Barry Bonds was a media darling this whole tainted record thing would be much less an issue.

I hate him because he's black.

:D

He was a turd when he was a Pittsburgh Pirate many years ago. At that time there was no juice and no home run chase. He was a total ass then and always has been. It is not a recent development.

Plus he choked in the playoffs. I still remember that horrible throw home when he couldn't even nail a gimpy slowass Sid Bream at the plate. I had nightmares about that game.

Hey there people in TV land, he's a fathead. I can't say I hate the guy though.

I enjoy the Tour de France, so I have no moral standing to hate him for being a cheater. :D

However, to see this surly, circumstantially dubious jackass surpass a bona fide class act like Hammerin' Hank probably isn't good for baseball; then again, it HAS focused the spotlight somewhat on Aaron, who for my money seems to be perpertually underrated despite some INCREDIBLE career achievements, which is not a bad thing; and for another, baseball doesn't appear to have been harmed by having the disgraceful Pete Rose and the abhorrent Ty Cobb as their all-time hit kings.

baseball doesn't appear to have been harmed by having the disgraceful Pete Rose and the abhorrent Ty Cobb as their all-time hit kings.

I'm curious why Cobb gets put into the same converation as Rose and Bonds? Sure he was an ass, but he didn't disgrace the game by betting on it or using drugs to improve his perfomance as far as I'm aware.

I'm curious why Cobb gets put into the same converation as Rose and Bonds? Sure he was an ass, but he didn't disgrace the game by betting on it or using drugs to improve his perfomance as far as I'm aware.

He was abhorrent in many ways, alienating virtually everyone he came into contact with.

Wikipedia's long and detailed article on Cobb

He is the only current player that I would actually consider to going to a baseball game to see/watch.

I think it's a shame that there are some media outlets who choose to only focus on heresay and potential negative aspects of his personality.

He is a great player and when he surpases Hank Aaron's record for home runs in a career, his accomplishment should be recognized as great. Anything else, is disrespectful to the game.

If he broke laws/rules, which some accuse, then he should be tried in a court of law, not a court of public opinion. Otherwise, those that accuse should shut-up. Sheat or get off the pot.

In light of all the controversy that exists, the guy still goes out there and puts the ball over the fence. That's greatness.

If he broke laws/rules, which some accuse, then he should be tried in a court of law, not a court of public opinion. Otherwise, those that accuse should shut-up.

Ummm... no.

He IS, in fact, without a doubt in the world, a juiced-up dickweed. And I'll say what I want.