[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Do People Hate Barry Bonds?

spain

If he broke laws/rules, which some accuse, then he should be tried in a court of law, not a court of public opinion. Otherwise, those that accuse should shut-up. Sheat or get off the pot.

Public opinion pays his salary and the people who "foot" the bill have every right to critize. Shut-up....I don't think so.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Public opinion pays his salary and the people who "foot" the bill have every right to critize. Shut-up....I don't think so.

So ... the Giants are having problems filling seats then? Seems like the SF fans stand behind Bonds every time they pay to go to the park and watch him play.

I don't think it is so much the people hating Barry Bonds as it is the media hating Barry Bonds. He doesn't cow-tow to the media and they despise him for it ... so the media smears BBs every opportunity they get (their way of whining loudly about how their feelings are hurt that Barry won't give them their way).

I think that part of your statement is incorrent. Yes, the media hate Barry Bonds, but the truth is that many many fans of baseball hate him too. Certainly not all fans, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on a majority of fans strongly disliking him more so than liking him.

I think that part of your statement is incorrent. Yes, the media hate Barry Bonds, but the truth is that many many fans of baseball hate him too. Certainly not all fans, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on a majority of fans strongly disliking him more so than liking him.

+1 He has treated media, fans, heck, even his own family, like chit his entire career. He has been a jackass in every possible respect. So, acting now like this is some vast media conspiracy to make him look like a dick is disengenuous.

So ... the Giants are having problems filling seats then? Seems like the SF fans stand behind Bonds every time they pay to go to the park and watch him play.

I cant stand Pacman Jones. But they didnt prevent me from attending Titans games last year.

Yes, yes ... I understand how many of you sheep think you hate Bonds because the media has told you to do so ...

Is this part of the vast right wing conspiracy that Hillary blamed on making up the whole Monica Lewinski scandel? Or is this part of the whole media forcing the ghey agenda down our throats? I get all the conspiracy theories mixed up, sorry..

Is this part of the vast right wing conspiracy that Hillary blamed on making up the whole Monica Lewinski scandel? Or is this part of the whole media forcing the ghey agenda down our throats? I get all the conspiracy theories mixed up, sorry..

It's not a conspiracy at all. It is the media leading the sheep/fans around by their noses telling them what to think and who to like or dis-like.

It's not a conspiracy at all. It is the media leading the sheep/fans around by their noses telling them what to think and who to like or dis-like.

Sigh.

I think it's more likely that you've decided to take a contrary view in the vain hope that it makes you sound smarter. I call it "Azazello Syndrome".

The media doesn't have to tell me he's a cheater, I can see his gargantuan head

The media doesn't have to tell me that he's an ass... I have a 6th sense about these things when I see people behaving like an ass.

Sigh.

I think it's more likely that you've decided to take a contrary view in the vain hope that it makes you sound smarter. I call it "Azazello Syndrome".

The media doesn't have to tell me that he's an ass... I have a 6th sense about these things when I see people behaving like an ass.

< NOD >

The media shows you exactly what they want you to see ... and you believe. It is what they do.

Check out pics of Clemens when he entered the league. Why aren't they trying to crucify him based on the size differential? Because he's a media darling.

< NOD >

The media shows you exactly what they want you to see ... and you believe. It is what they do.

Check out pics of Clemens when he entered the league. Why aren't they trying to crucify him based on the size differential? Because he's a media darling.

Why would you assume I don't crucify Clemens?

He's clearly juiced, and he's a Yankee. He's a cheating ass too.

If this was a thread called "Why do people hate Clemens?" I would have posted the same stuff.

Sigh.

Maybe Grits is the sheep being led around by Barry's shriveling jock. Since there's not much room to suckle on that little nub, most thinking people dislike him. :D

Pretty funny that anyone would get so defensive of him at all. I can see being indifferent, but I can't understand why someone would want to lead the charge to defend his honor. He is getting away with cheating... to the point where not only will there not be any official consequences to his cheating, but he will also be celebrated as a major record breaker. Good-hearted people don't like to reward cheaters. :D

Maybe Grits is the sheep being led around by Barry's shriveling jock. Since there's not much room to suckle on that little nub, most thinking people dislike him. :D

Pretty funny that anyone would get so defensive of him at all. I can see being indifferent, but I can't understand why someone would want to lead the charge to defend his honor. He is getting away with cheating... to the point where not only will there not be any official consequences to his cheating, but he will also be celebrated as a major record breaker. Good-hearted people don't like to reward cheaters. :D

I'm not being defensive of BB ... personally I have no feelings one way or the other. It is clear to me that the media seeks to crucify him every chance they get because they despise him. The media has been running a smear campaign against Bond as long as I can remember because he won't play ball with them. Personally I wish MORE athletes would take the same stance with the media as Bonds does.

I just laugh that the media assumes that because the media despises Bonds the whole world does. Although admittedly there are certainly enough sheep out there following the media's lead in this regard.

"Good-hearted people don't like to reward cheaters". True. Please show where it has been proven that Barry Bonds has cheated. Good-hearted people also don't like to unfairly condemn people before they have been convicted. Good-hearted people also believe in the equal and fair application of the rules and prosecution when they are broken.

I'm not being defensive of BB ... personally I have no feelings one way or the other. It is clear to me that the media seeks to crucify him every chance they get because they despise him. The media has been running a smear campaign against Bond as long as I can remember because he won't play ball with them. Personally I wish MORE athletes would take the same stance with the media as Bonds does.

I just laugh that the media assumes that because the media despises Bonds the whole world does. Although admittedly there are certainly enough sheep out there following the media's lead in this regard.

"Good-hearted people don't like to reward cheaters". True. Please show where it has been proven that Barry Bonds has cheated. Good-hearted people also don't like to unfairly condemn people before they have been convicted. Good-hearted people also believe in the equal and fair application of the rules and prosecution when they are broken.

Not one thing you said is factually or interpretively correct. I will continue to believe that you are intentionally being wrong in every way you can think of.

Just because I share the media's supposed view on Barry Bonds, I'm a sheep. :D

He sure was a media darling during the whole homerun period. Did we forget about that? All we heard was Barry Bonds, Barry Bond, Barry Bonds.

Edited by WaterMan

lol @ "it's the media that hates Bonds"....the only ones who don't think Bonds is a juiced up joke are SF fans and other assorted apologists.

Yeah he's such a great player he needs to feast on steroids to get there. Impressive. :D

He isn't worthy to worth Ruth's or Aaron's jock.

I think they should put steroids in Cooperstown. It's hit more home runs, etc etc than any one player I bet.

Wow, I never thought I would be the only one taking Grits the plumber's side, but here goes. Certainly Bonds has done more than his fair share to earn his reputation as not only an ass but a cheater as well (allegedly). In terms of people who truly pay attention, that alone is enough to base your own opinion that the guys sucks. However, it is fair to implicate the media in terms of the widespread opinion. They certainly choose to pick up on each and everything he does more than anyone else. Gee, small wonder why he's never gotten any better with them.

Mark McGuire and Clemmons are prefect examples. I recall reading as Skip Bayless openly wondered why McGuire never got the same scrutiny that Bonds got because he felt that McGuire was always a much bigger ass to him than Bonds. Frankly, that wasn't the first time I read that. McGuire got busted repeatedly and then pulled the famous bit before congress, yet dude never took all that much heat from the press.

Clemmons is like freaking teflon. Piazza owned him and he threw at his freaking head. Nobody even blinked. Then when Piazza of all people broke a bat against him, he threw a part of the freaking bat at him, it was written off, "just getting caught up in the moment". What other thing that one typically throws at a base runner did Clemmons think the bat was? Again, totally blew over. Great, Atomic CEO thinks he's an ass. Then again, A CEO appears to be an intelligent person who thinks for himself. Clemmons is hardly portrayed as an ass by the media at large.

It is a simple fact that they choose who they want to demonize and then feed like a pack of wolves.

:D I thought that might get you going! :D

Hey he played at Arizona State, we have no bad Sun Devils here ever. :D

Barry got temporarily kicked off of the ASU baseball team, before the coach overturned the team's vote... coincidentally after Bobby Bonds threatened to ruin his career.

Despite the fact that Barry's a selfish, egomaniac ass, I could've let that go if he had decided to hang up his cleats this past winter. A lot of other people in the league did it, so he doesn't deserve to be singled out. But now he's disrespecting both Hank Aaron and the game itself by continuing to go after the career HR record.

It's really a shame that he got involved in 'roids and HGH, as he was a first-ballot HOFer a decade ago.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Please show where it has been proven that Barry Bonds OJ Simpson has cheated killed. Good-hearted people also don't like to unfairly condemn people before they have been convicted. Good-hearted people also believe in the equal and fair application of the rules and prosecution when they are broken.

So I assume you also agree with that.

Despite the fact that Barry's a selfish, egomaniac ass, I could've let that go if he had decided to hang up his cleats this past winter. A lot of other people in the league did it, so he doesn't deserve to be singled out. But now he's disrespecting both Hank Aaron and the game itself by continuing to go after the career HR record.

It's really a shame that he got involved in 'roids and HGH, as he was a first-ballot HOFer a decade ago.

+1

So I assume you also agree with that.

Nope. OJ's trial was on television for all to see. There was plenty of evidence strongly pointing toward his guilt. How his team of lawyers managed to get 12 people to let him go is beyond me.

OJ has also been found liable for the deaths in civil court.

Is there evidence out there that BB tested positive? Or is everybody presuming because of his growth and association with Balco that he did it?

Nope. OJ's trial was on television for all to see. There was plenty of evidence strongly pointing toward his guilt. How his team of lawyers managed to get 12 people to let him go is beyond me.

OJ has also been found liable for the deaths in civil court.

Is there evidence out there that BB tested positive? Or is everybody presuming because of his growth and association with Balco that he did it?

:D

Oh and he did admit to accidently taking steroids in some kind of balm or ointment.

[jackiechiles] You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see thedoctor. If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on. Do you know what a balm is? Have you ever seen a balm? Didn't you read the instructions? No one can tell what a balm's gonna do. They're unpredictable. [jackiechiles]