[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iraq

H8tank

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both men often lamented to me how frustrating it was to be back home and realize that the average American is not aware of practically any of the progress that’s been made in Iraq. Both men darken with something closer to anger when they consider the sacrifices made by fallen soldiers and the fact that while the media most likely counted the deaths in all instances, they also most likely failed to mention any of the good things their fellow soldiers had accomplished while in Iraq.

:D

you don't say?

Edited by Front Row

H8tank could catch fish in the sahara desert ....he hjas to be fishing as no one could actually think like that could they ??

There are a few here, but they are on the fringe of society. Kind of sad that they don't realize it.

Both men often lamented to me how frustrating it was to be back home and realize that the average American is not aware of practically any of the progress that’s been made in Iraq. Both men darken with something closer to anger when they consider the sacrifices made by fallen soldiers and the fact that while the media most likely counted the deaths in all instances, they also most likely failed to mention any of the good things their fellow soldiers had accomplished while in Iraq.

Getting a bit tired of this constant drone. I've read any number of articles about good stuff being done in Iraq AND Afghanistan. Also, there's been item after item on CNN. If Joe Sixpack is too busy watching American Idol, well, that's his ignorant fault.

Yet another example of "if you lie long enough, it becomes the truth.....for the gullible".

My life partners best friends husband finished his tour in Iraq last year... he was in the reserves and is now out.

They needed his services, so he is going back for a year as a contractor medic, he believes deeply in what we are trying to do.

Please lieberal kommies, tell me how stupid he is, and how this is a war of lies, I would like to forward your message as he gets ready to depart next week.

Democrat plan: Surrender.

My life partners best friends husband finished his tour in Iraq last year... he was in the reserves and is now out.

They needed his services, so he is going back for a year as a contractor medic, he believes deeply in what we are trying to do.

Please lieberal kommies, tell me how stupid he is, and how this is a war of lies, I would like to forward your message as he gets ready to depart next week.

From what I've read, our soldiers care about the Iraqi people. I haven't seen anything that disputes this. And I haven't seen any criticism of our soldiers (with the exception of Abu Ghraib).

But perhaps your partner's best friend's husband has the inside scoop on our ultimate goal in Iraq and can explain how what we are doing now is related to that. You know, the big picture. Once upon a time, Iraq was going to become a Western style democracy and ultimately be an ally and our partner in the "war on terror." Then they were going to stand up so we could step down. Now we are "surging" in an attempt to quell the violence in Baghdad. If it works, then what?

If there is one thing this administration has demonstrated when it comes to Iraq, it is utter incompetence. They've been making sh*t up as they go along.

I believe that I can criticize our governments' decisions. I don't believe that because its decisions involve soldiers, criticisim is off limits. I don't give a rat's ass if someone doesn't think I'm supporting the troops or whatever. If I was the decider, we never would have invaded Iraq, thousands of Americans would be alive who aren't today, tens of thousands of Americans wouldn't have been maimed or wounded, there would be thousands less widows and orphans, mothers and fathers would still be with their sons, our soldiers would be watching their children grow up, and American coffers would be hundreds of billions of dollars richer. That doesn't even account for the financial and familial stress that long deployments cause on our soldiers.

So I guess that if you interpret this as a criticism of the efforts and sacrifice that your partner's best friend's husband is making, then forward away.

I wish him luck and safety ..may God bless ..not about the soldiers who I ( and I am sure most if not all ) have the greatest respect for ...that is not the problem ...problem is with Bush and his fellow criminals for getting us into mess and allowing it to continue with no idea or plan ....seen better planning from a 4 year old coloring a picture ...saw a special last night on cbs and literally I was moved to tears as a woman and her two young daughters lost their husband and dad to an ied in iraq ....its not fair to lose loved ones in this war that is so screwed up , so friggin bungled , built on lies , built on incompetence and unncecessary

Where is osama ? why is al qaeda regaining strength in afghanistan ? Why is iran going forward with nukes and real wmd's ?

All the whle we are stuck in this quagmire in iraq spewnding billions aimlessly , with no real plan or agenda , no real idea of what final goal is or when it can be accomplished ( or if it can be accomplished )

Sad state of affairs to say the least imo

Please lieberal kommies,cute, did you make that up or did dmarc? tell me how stupid he is, He is not stupid, and is going back to support his fellow troops who are thereand how this is a war of lies,semantics, this is a war of "faulty intelligence" with an ever changing goal. I would like to forward your message as he gets ready to depart next week.I would like you to forward your plan for success and withdrawal from Iraq.

Democrat plan: There are better ways to beat the enemy then occupying Iraq.

From what I've read, our soldiers care about the Iraqi people. I haven't seen anything that disputes this. And I haven't seen any criticism of our soldiers (with the exception of Abu Ghraib).

But perhaps your partner's best friend's husband has the inside scoop on our ultimate goal in Iraq and can explain how what we are doing now is related to that. You know, the big picture. Once upon a time, Iraq was going to become a Western style democracy and ultimately be an ally and our partner in the "war on terror." Then they were going to stand up so we could step down. Now we are "surging" in an attempt to quell the violence in Baghdad. If it works, then what?

If there is one thing this administration has demonstrated when it comes to Iraq, it is utter incompetence. They've been making sh*t up as they go along.

I believe that I can criticize our governments' decisions. I don't believe that because its decisions involve soldiers, criticisim is off limits. I don't give a rat's ass if someone doesn't think I'm supporting the troops or whatever. If I was the decider, we never would have invaded Iraq, thousands of Americans would be alive who aren't today, tens of thousands of Americans wouldn't have been maimed or wounded, there would be thousands less widows and orphans, mothers and fathers would still be with their sons, our soldiers would be watching their children grow up, and American coffers would be hundreds of billions of dollars richer. That doesn't even account for the financial and familial stress that long deployments cause on our soldiers.

So I guess that if you interpret this as a criticism of the efforts and sacrifice that your partner's best friend's husband is making, then forward away.

:D:D:tup: Plus freaking one!

H8M8, you're a stupid freaking man if you can't see the difference between people being disgusted with the fact that a bunch of dipshights are wasting money and lives and people hating on the soldiers being sent to do this work.

BTW, you're arguments about the lack of terrorist attacks is lame at best. That would be like paying $20K per month to insure your $50K house. Sure, you're covered if it burns down, but you'd better plan it burning down pretty freaking often.

Go ahead, line up the number of lives lost and the cost in dollars of all those attacks that happened over the years and then line up what we're hemoraging every freaking month in Iraq. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

:D:D:tup: Plus freaking one!

H8M8, you're a stupid freaking man if you can't see the difference between people being disgusted with the fact that a bunch of dipshights are wasting money and lives and people hating on the soldiers being sent to do this work.

BTW, you're arguments about the lack of terrorist attacks is lame at best. That would be like paying $20K per month to insure your $50K house. Sure, you're covered if it burns down, but you'd better plan it burning down pretty freaking often.

Go ahead, line up the number of lives lost and the cost in dollars of all those attacks that happened over the years and then line up what we're hemoraging every freaking month in Iraq. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

This must be a rhetorical question because our military is all-volunteer. While it might not be worth it to you, there are thousands of other's who'll say otherwise.

This must be a rhetorical question because our military is all-volunteer. While it might not be worth it to you, there are thousands of other's who'll say otherwise.

Once again, if you use the "we're taking the fight to them so they can't attack us here" argument, (which, need I remind you, is technically not the reason we went there but it just sounds better than admitting we're fighting a war over bad intelligence), then you are essentially arguing that the cost in US lives and US dollars is worth it because it offsets the potential for larger costs of the same on our soil. I don't know about you, but I don't think my life is worth more in the big picture than someone else's. I understand that a soldier enters into war realizing that death is part of the equation and that is not a decision I have to make when I go to work. However, that doesn't make him disposable.

In terms of attacks on US soil by foreign terrorists, it seems like we went about as long prior to 9/11 (93 bombing) as we have since. The difference, however, is that we've lost a bunch of lives in a war that is supposedly preventing such attacks. We've already lost more lives than we did on 9/11 (and I have to assume have spent more money than it would cost to rebuild the twin towers), so unless you can prove that an even larger attack would have happened, I don't get the ROI. And that assumes that we're not going to have to continue funneling money and lives into this thing. Since we either continue this costly effort or pull out and end up being no better off for having spent what we have there, it certainly doesn't make the decision a very good one.

I have to think that if our goal was really to protect our home, we could put all the manpower and money we're spending to better uses to that end.

That's where I'm going with this.

Edited by detlef

I wish him luck and safety ..may God bless ..not about the soldiers who I ( and I am sure most if not all ) have the greatest respect for ...that is not the problem ...problem is with Bush and his fellow criminals for getting us into mess and allowing it to continue with no idea or plan ....seen better planning from a 4 year old coloring a picture ...saw a special last night on cbs and literally I was moved to tears as a woman and her two young daughters lost their husband and dad to an ied in iraq ....its not fair to lose loved ones in this war that is so screwed up , so friggin bungled , built on lies , built on incompetence and unncecessary

Where is osama ? why is al qaeda regaining strength in afghanistan ? Why is iran going forward with nukes and real wmd's ?

All the whle we are stuck in this quagmire in iraq spewnding billions aimlessly , with no real plan or agenda , no real idea of what final goal is or when it can be accomplished ( or if it can be accomplished )

Sad state of affairs to say the least imo

The US invasion of Iraq has little to do with Iran's stated objective of becoming a nuclear power. The two are lumped together by the media because they are in the same geographic location, but Iran's ultimate goal is to become the power broker in a Pan-Islamic reach around the Middle East and southwest Asia.

If the US had not invaded Iraq, do you believe Iran would have not continue to pursue its goals? Do you believe somehow the UN would have grown enough b@lls to actually stop them?

If I was the decider, we never would have invaded Iraq,

this war that is so screwed up , so friggin bungled , built on lies , built on incompetence and unncecessary

The UN authorized action, the senate voted for it. Do you know how the gov't works?

we're fighting a war over bad intelligence

Is al queda in iraq now? Are we killing them? Where exactly do you think the front line in the war on terror is? Afhganistan? The potomac? Or iraq.

In terms of attacks on US soil by foreign terrorists

What do you call naval ships? US embassy's?

How about attacks on US civilians abroad? How the plans and ability to produce WMD? You ignore all that?

Leave iraq, quit and come home... where have I heard that before?

An American member of Al-Qaeda warned in an Internet video that US President George W. Bush should withdraw all his troops from Muslim land or face attacks worse than September 11.

Adam Gadahn, a convert to Islam who has been indicted for treason by a US jury, issued a list of demands and warned they were not up for negotiation.

"Your failure to heed our demands means that you and your people... will experience things that will make you forget all about the horrors of September 11, Afghanistan and Iraq, and Virginia Tech," he said in the video posted on Tuesday.

"You're losing on all fronts and losing big time," said Gadahn, who is the English-language spokesman for Osama bin Laden's terror network.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=07...&show_article=1

I'm confused, is this Hitlery/skerry/skedwards/murtha/kennedy or al queda? Seems they have the same exact message???

Kudos to you lieberals here though, boy you sure are showing them whose boss!! :D

The UN authorized action, the senate voted for it. Do you know how the gov't works?

I've got a pretty good idea about how the government works.

The decision to invade Iraq was the administration's decision. Congress dropped the ball by essentially giving Bush a blank check, but Bush made the call to invade and occupy Iraq. He's the commander-in-chief in addition to being the decider, remember?

And certainly you aren't suggesting that what the UN does or doesn't do should have an impact on American policy.

:D right, and i'm sure when hillary starts that war against pakistan you're so stoically calling for, you'll be the first to sign up.

I tell you what... the second I start vehemently supporting Hillary's attack on another country, you throw this right back in my face. I will deserve it.

In the meantime... H8 loves the troops in every possible way that doesn't drag his ass out of his trailer or require him to pay taxes to cover it. In other words... :D:doh::tup:

So Atomoranic, this means you have given up to the salient points I have made? You're down to this avenue as your last recourse?

I win.

Let me go back and review your salient points. I'll take my time and process them, make an effort to understand your position, and then call you a funny name.

It may take a while, and I want to put real effort into this. Hang tight, and keep clicking refresh.

Let me go back and review your salient points. I'll take my time and process them, make an effort to understand your position, and then call you a funny name.

It may take a while, and I want to put real effort into this. Hang tight, and keep clicking refresh.

F5 is less taxing on the finger.